New Chinese virus spreads

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • OK, so we have a lock-down... but this is not one sided. Human beings will by nature, not with ill intent or of criminal mind (mens rea/Actus rea) seek desperately to get outside the confines of their home.

Prisoners are literally better off.

The doctrine of Force Majeure has to be in the debate to give people hope in a situation not of their creation.

My friend has just been told: "you are contracted to pay your new car agreement, this could effect your credit rating" ??? she is unable to work because of COV 19. !!! This attitude will send people into the mindset of not cooperating... by trying to survive, mentally.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Who actually knows a person who has died from COV 19 ??

I ask everyone I know the same thing.

Do YOU know anyone?

Do YOU know anyone who knows anyone?

Do YOU know anyone who knows anyone who knows anyone?

So far I've drawn a blank.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• I ask everyone I know the same thing.

Do YOU know anyone?

Do YOU know anyone who knows anyone?

Do YOU know anyone who knows anyone who knows anyone?

So far I've drawn a blank.

Me too.

I heard a news report on Talk radio this AM... the presenter was deeply overwhelmed in melancholy ...

"Brians father died of Corona virus (said loud and clear) ... although he had very serious underlying health problems (said in a whispering tone)"

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I cant stand that thumb on top crap.... just point your finger Boris... or wave your hands slowly, Charleston style like the great Donald Trump.

• Even now, I'm starting to get a little irritated with some people on the news complaining of how their lives are being destroyed because they can't go to the hair salon or whatever. They haven't got a clue.

They'r getting their knickers in a twist on GMB this morning over the situation regarding the children of separated parents because that "awful" Mr Gove said that they now need to stay with the parent they are with today !

• I can just imagine all the rebels without a clue stamping their feet and defiantly striding out to the shops just to buy something they don't actually need screaming its against our human rights or whatever.

• What to do with these charmers?

"Three teenagers are arrested after 'coughing' on elderly couple: Police detain male trio following row that left woman in her 70s with a black eye"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8…-black-eye.html

This seems to be the latest "game"

Victoria Derbyshire just reported about teenage jobs spitting on police officers, and a girl chasing and adult woman down an alley urged on by laughing peer group to spit on this woman

• supermarket empty of shoppers but with well stocked shelves

I'll be going to our Sainsbury's tomorrow. Last visit there was plenty of fresh veg but virtually zero tinned goods. Hope they've replenished the white wine section as me and the OH like some wine with our evening meal. Couldn't get what we normally have ( Australian Chardonnay ) and had to settle for a French riesling, £8 but quite decent. There were a few bottles of the more expensive types.

I'm keeping an eye on our diminishing stock of toilet rolls, bought well before the panic started as they were on a promotion at Lidl. Glad I took advantage of that but we'll need some in a week or so. Got 4 rolls in the cupboard, one in the holder and 1/2 of one in my study. If I see they've got some I'll get a 4 pack. That'll be enough to keep us going as it were.

• So. It's lock down UK with pass for food shopping, exercising and working if absolutely necessary! At least the door is ajar; not completely shut.

Meanwhile, in America: Cali is in total lockdown and so is Jersey and so is New York. At the same time, Maga Chieftain, Fat Boy Orange tries to be too clever about his proposed corporate bail out. Good, old, geriatric Nancy "Crazy Nancy" Pelosi is having none of that. Here's a redacted, cut and paste job off some analyst's work (Jonathan Chait):

"The central flash point concerns a $500 billion corporate bailout. Democrats are absolutely right to oppose that provision.....

There is nothing wrong in principle with bailing out large firms. The trouble with the Senate bill is the mechanism. Its requirements that bailed-out firms protect their workers are too weak. (Protecting the workers is the whole rationale for bailing them out, after all......)

More disturbing, it’s designed as a pool of money to be doled out by the Treasury secretary. That is to say, the money is, for all intents and purposes, personally controlled by Donald Trump, who selected the Treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, and could replace him on a whim.

One obvious outcome of this financing arrangement would be to create the all-but-certain outcome that the Treasury would select the Trump Organization as one of the worthy recipients of its largesse.

Trump’s vacation properties have indeed been forced to shut down, and while an unbiased manager might not select the Trump Organization over needier coronavirus victims, Trump himself probably thinks differently."

• Here is another view of what is going on to balance things out.

Click here

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Tommy Robinson caught some yobs spitting on 2 elderly people.. he restrained them. The couple were extremely grateful to Tommy and very worried. WELL DONE TOMMY.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!