New Chinese virus spreads

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • I don’t understand why some people are saying that we will have to be ultra-careful at the end of the lockdown. Once we have vaccinated the vulnerable groups, what is the problem?

Of course the virus will perk up again post lockdown, but it will be spreading through the healthy population until it dies out through herd immunity.

As I have said on a number of occasions now, there’s nothing to stop individuals from imposing lockdowns on themselves, but they can leave the rest of us alone.

This is very much about people wanting to force their lives on our own. A neighbor of mine said to earlier today, don't know what all the fuss is about, I go to work and I come home, and nothing has changed. Because he is a sad individual who lives an existence rather than a life, he can't understand why anyone else is bothered. Seriously, I am ready to bury my wife under the patio, and if I could afford it I would leave tomorrow. That isn't a joke either

White lives matter

• One thing this pandemic has taught us is that some people cannot behave responsible unless it's forced upon them.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• PFAS Chemical Associated With Severe Covid-19

A Danish study found that people with elevated levels of a compound called PFBA were more than twice as likely to have a severe form of Covid-19.

Made by 3m would you believe. Wanna buy a mask. There's another Teflon (DuPont) story in the making here.

https://theintercept.com/2020/…-pfba-severe-covid-study/

As for the economy, the world could have used this opportunity to move away from the financial system we have in place and move more towards worldwide universal credit or a token based system which is where we are all heading anyway as machines take over and do all the work. That's if it beats the irreversible financial crash that is on the cards and coming even before all this COVID stuff. We hear of people talking about saving the small businesses, high street shops and the pubs yet they where all in big trouble long before COVID as the Internet and corporate chains take over. Mostly all run by the US slave trade and they sure as hell are not going to give us or even their own working class people anything back.

Eventually machines will be making the machines and controlling the machines with maybe a couple of humans overlooking things. The selfish one's are the greedy corporate pigs, the Trumps of the world, wanting to rake in as much money as they can while they can, as our gov is doing for their own personal gains right now. But it's the corporations who are making the machines and putting people out of work to begin with because they want more production and profit. I don't know what they think they are going to spend that money on once they have drained it and it no longer exists because only a small percentage in the world has it all as it's fed up the ladder without being passed back down or it's just a trickle coming back down...more like a drip these days as the rich and poor divide expands. Maybe the US will spend all that money on their military might to take over the world. Hitler and the new industrial complex in the making.

• Always nice to hear your thoughts, Norra!

However, I don’t think our financial systems are in imminent danger of collapsing, and those who will not work will continue to exist on minimal benefits, which is where we should be.

As long as the opportunities continue to exist whereby those who can be arsed to work can still do so and better themselves, that’s good enough for me!

Boycott EU goods until they learn to play fair.

• So you don't class yourself as a capitalist then?

White lives matter