New Chinese virus spreads

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • ...and talking of herd immunity:

Very good news and hopefully this means the start of the end of the virus.

I think the question everyone will want to know is how long will the vaccines protect us for?

Expect an annual booster. With a bit of luck they may be able to combine the flu jab with it

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• Very true....and that is what is needed for herd immunity. The only problem with that is that it gives the virus a chance to mutate as it learns to adapt and fight past the immunity so a new stronger vaccine is required. Eventually we could all end up in the same position as we are with antibiotics as we all live with an immune deficiency disorder relying on vaccines. Sometimes we just need to let nature takes it's course. Sadly it will mean deaths but they will be saving the life's of those who remain as the planets resources they would otherwise use up go to someone else.

We will keep spreading like a plague on the planet and nature will come right back at us with a new virus eventually when it's pushed to that point again. Maybe we will all go vegan to try and prevent that as it's the messing with animals, feeding animals their own kind to save money and keeping them all in uninhabitable conditions that has caused it. Maybe eventually similar things will happen with plants as we are bound to start playing with them or some scientist will discover that plants feel pain too. It's when those plants start Mooing at us we really need to worry. ^^

I have some sympathy with that, but remember, the government was advised against allowing this virus to run through the population prior to a vaccine being found. I always disagreed with that because without a vaccine, we would need to keep people locked up to achieve the reduction in infection. My solution would have been just to protect the vulnerable, although that itself would be difficult to achieve out in the community.

Now we have just about achieved herd immunity through the vaccination programme and those who have fought off the infection, we need to get life back to normal.

I have never previously had a flu vaccination because I don't believe in having a vaccination for everything. Like you, I worry about weakening our immune systems and the eroding the strength of our bodies to ward off viruses. However, I think this time it was necessary to get our lives back to normal again, and I guess you can now take your chances at not getting vaccinated as the worst should now be over.

As for younger people who decide not to take the vaccination, I’d give a word of caution. Look out for those variants.... =O

• Which is exactly why everyone should get vaccinated, otherwise its like playing Russian roulette.

I have some sympathy with that, but remember, the government was advised against allowing this virus to run through the population prior to a vaccine being found. I always disagreed with that because without a vaccine, we would need to keep people locked up to achieve the reduction in infection. My solution would have been just to protect the vulnerable, although that itself would be difficult to achieve out in the community.

We spoke about this earlier in the thread, but the reason why the government made the choices it did was because it was advised that the vulnerable could not be fully protected. An example being, you always get staff changes in care homes, so they never could be fully protected. The only solution without vaccines was lockdown. and stopping the movement of people.

• I think this time it was necessary to get our lives back to normal again

This is the key point and why they are announcing this. I don't necessarily believe what they are saying it's just that they want folk to not feel any fear and get back to work. Let the virus do it's thing until next time around. I still think we will be back in lockdown again come Winter time as another mutation from outside arrives on the scene from abroad or a self made mutation inside. Or it could be something completely new that develops eventually because of the way society works. Call it COVID the second. It depends if the current vaccines have a strong enough defence or will we have to develop a bigger and better weapon. Will peoples own immune system be strong enough to deal with it or will it be addicted to vaccines and require it's next fix like a junkie.

I think it's unfair to have a go at anyone that has made the choice not to have a vaccine. That is an individuals choice for whatever reason and will not affect others the same way as if you have had the vaccine. Forcing anyone to have it against their will either physically or through social manipulation is akin to rape. Both will catch COVID and spread it but only one will possibly suffer worse and show symptoms from the illness depending on how good ones own immune system and genealogy is. To put it bluntly it's the luck of the draw. One may get it worse while the other hardly notices and are asymptomatic like school children who have been taking it home to their parents as they do colds, flue and everything else that spreads in schools.

That's the whole point, people vaccinate to protect themselves from getting it bad if their immune system is not up to the job and end up taking up a bed in hospital. An immune system booster it should be called rather than vaccine. Note there are alternative more natural non profit making ways of boosting your immune system like catching COVID for starters or playing in the dirt and not washing all the bacteria off your hands every 5 mins. The whole protect others is political nonsense, manipulation to brainwash, persuade and cause division and confusion so they can conquer and steal lots of tax payers money and earn political points. It's a marketing campaign. It also creates a reason to persuade folk that we need more Orwellian state monitoring on par with a Stasi state.

Maybe there are folk out there who are willing to die to give their kids a better future. Look at the state of the planet and what we are doing to it. Each one of us is contributing to that all the time we are alive. It's a horrible thought but ultimately all the human race and planets problems lead back to world population numbers. If nature does not take action then we will have more wars and people will die that way.

People in society should not be fighting each other over whether one has had a vaccine or not and we all should use that energy to have a go at the politicians who have very cleverly diverted the attention away from them. They are the ones to blame for everything that has happened 'not' the people. What are we going to do? create a new vaccine for every illness and mutation of an illness that develops year on after year. That's what bacteria does it learns to fight any defences and mutates so we are stuck in a battle of one-upmanship like war. Some you win and some you lose until the next battle once one has either built up more arms or defences depending on what side your on. Either that or a completely new one develops, weeks, months, years later because of the state of the world we live in and how we treat everything.

Maybe it will all stop when we and bacteria end up with nuclear weapons so it's stalemate (so to speak) nuclear vaccine versus nuclear bacteria or maybe vaccines will end up like antibiotics and then we will be told to let our immune system do it's job because they don't work like they used too, or maybe we could simply clean up our act and the planet to prevent all these nasties in the first place instead of it all being about money. We can't even blame the Chinese as they keep live animals in the same conditions as many other countries that produce food. Foot and mouth started in the UK years back because we started feeding animals the same animal (cannibalism) in it's feed to save costs. As one dies mince it up mix with other substances and feed to the next. Then it got into our food chain.

All the time we work against nature and not with it things will be worse the next time around. What happens if a new vaccine can't be created next time around. They may even decide to start selling it to those that can afford it and let the poor die. I guess long term it's a good way to reduce population numbers, either that or we are driven to have more wars fighting for resources. We are the biggest threat to ourselves and the planet and nobody can legally go and commit genocide to cull us, picking and choosing who dies unless labelled under some kind of emergency medical situation. I guess not many people want to make that tough decision either unless your Hitler Boris Johnson and co. It's not good when we have politicians handing instructions down to hospital trusts via the department of health to put a DNR on those over a certain age bracket or those that have a disability etc. Basically anyone that is poor or not of a working age where they can pay tax and instead cost the gov money in pensions, disability benefits or whatever. The NHS don't work like that, they don't discriminate and they would have treated everyone according to the medical condition, prioritise according to the level of their medical conditions.

On top of that they get medics to sign a NDA, no whistleblowing or you get sacked. The UK gov murdered many pensioners by getting hospitals to send them back to care homes with inadequate PPE knowing they where infected with COVID. Geez back then the hospitals had inadequate PPE. They could have sent those elderly to the nightingale hospitals to protect others in the care homes if they had the staff but that would have meant paying wages to common people instead of mates private companies and it's possible that many would have survived costing them more money in pensions etc. FFS there where companies over here in the UK with vast amounts of PPE who where willing to sell to the government at cost prices. The gov decided to go with those that cost more, via a posh dog food company (lords and lady's) with contacts and earn vast amounts of profit. The other companies then eventually sold their stock to the private sector and on eBay etc.

Seriously.....what a sad state of affairs this COVID pandemic has been and still is. Fingers crossed the next one is not so bad but as we fight nature it will hit us back twice as hard one day in one form or another. It's time we cleaned up our act and the planet. Life does not revolve around money with a rich and poor divide or one religion over another or one skin colour over another etc.

To all those that have sacrificed their life to save others RIP. All these people are the true hero's. They have sadly (for the loved ones) died to save life's. Saving the life's of all those that survive so they can have the planets resources they would otherwise have used up. Same as those that died fighting in the world wars. The ultimate sacrifice of dying to save others and not always through choice.

Then what are we going to do about these company profits, back to the old herd immunity for those that have been vaccinated. And don't think that any digital systems wont get hacked. This is a nurse on poor wages trying to earn some extra cash to feed her kids according to the article.

Travelling during Covid: 'I was nervous using a fake Covid-19 test certificate'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/artic…98-7b9917178e30

• Israel and Chile both led on Covid jabs, so why is one back in lockdown?

But the UK can easily blow it. Prof Chris Whitty, England’s chief medical officer, has said there will definitely be another surge in coronavirus when the UK comes out of lockdown. What is unclear is how bad the resurgence will be and when it will peak. Documents released on Monday by the government’s Sage experts suggest a third wave could peak in late July or August, with one pessimistic but plausible scenario anticipating a situation as severe as that experienced in January when half of all UK Covid deaths occurred. A major driver for that bleak outcome would be if the AstraZeneca vaccine turns out to be less effective at reducing infection, limiting its impact on the spread of the disease.

• That article does explain why the government is exercising caution as we move out of lockdown, which is where Chile appears to have got it wrong. Israel seems to be doing fine, and we should emulate their experience.

I'm sorry, Norra, but I do think that if we all decided not to have this vaccine, we would just be plunged into further chaos with unremitting lockdowns. Much as I understand your caution, I think there comes a point where you just have to do the most sensible thing.

I have never been one to take pills to alleviate colds, headaches, etc, preferring my body to deal with these things as I am concerned that constantly taking pills makes your body weaker. Similarly, I have never taken a flu vaccine in my life. However, Covid is different and we need to balance the risks. We only have one sensible way out of this, and that is to take the vaccine. I've had my second now and (thankfully) no ill effects. Yet.

• I have never been one to take pills to alleviate colds, headaches, etc, preferring my body to deal with these things as I am concerned that constantly taking pills makes your body weaker. Similarly, I have never taken a flu vaccine in my life. However, Covid is different and we need to balance the risks. We only have one sensible way out of this, and that is to take the vaccine.

I too avoid taking pills etc unless absolutely necessary. The one exception is that I react very badly to certain insect bites and if bitten take an anti-histamine for two or three days.

• The South African variant is here. We need to keep an eye on this. What has surprised me is that they want 11 year old and upwards tested. I wonder if any of those 44 confirmed are school children hence the 11. That's two very large multicultural boroughs with many parts in poverty

Covid: Surge testing in Wandsworth and Lambeth after South African variant cluster found

People aged 11 and over who live, work or travel through the affected areas are being urged to take a Covid-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test, as well as using twice-weekly rapid testing.

• Very worrying and just on the day that all the shops, pubs and outdoor venues have reopened.

I don't know the answer about the kids, but regardless of variants, all children will have to be vaccinated at some point, otherwise there is no chance of getting rid of this virus if the kids can still spread it around and keep it going.

• It's moving fast they are testing for it in Barnet now. The complete opposite end of London. I wonder if and how many of these people have travelled out of London. Sunny weekend so folk will be out and about. Seaside days out? People can't go to the pubs because it's to restrictive so Seaside or Countryside days out is an alternative option.

Covid surge testing for South African variant begins in Barnet

People living in the London borough of Barnet are being urged to undergo coronavirus testing after a case of the South African variant of Covid-19 was detected.

Officials will visit residents door-to-door in areas under the N3 postcode to deliver PCR test kits and a mobile testing unit will be set up in the car park of Finchley Central Station.

The council said in a statement: “The South African variant of Covid-19 has been found in Barnet.

“From Thursday 15 April we will start testing people for this variant in specific postcode areas affected in N3 or those who shop on the local high street.”

It comes as thousands of people queued to take coronavirus tests across London, after new cases of the variant were found in several boroughs.

• It's strange that this African variant is mainly manifesting itself in the London and the south east of the country.. All those illegal migrants are arriving in that area after being people smuggled across the channel. .. Could there be a link there ?.. ---- Possibly ..

The Voice of Reason

• It's strange that this African variant is mainly manifesting itself in the London and the south east of the country.. All those illegal migrants are arriving in that area after being people smuggled across the channel. .. Could there be a link there ?.. ---- Possibly ..

The reality is there are going to be endless amounts of variant's that appear, and unless we stop anyone coming in, or stop anyone leaving the country, we won't be able keep these variants out. Even if we managed to do that (which is almost impossible) we wouldn't have a travel industry left in no time at all. We will just have to have a booster every year, and the scientists are going to have to update the vaccine as we go along.

• We will just have to have a booster every year, and the scientists are going to have to update the vaccine as we go along.

That is the reality of the situation. We have to live with it and try to get life back to as normal as is possible.

• It's moving fast they are testing for it in Barnet now. The complete opposite end of London. I wonder if and how many of these people have travelled out of London. Sunny weekend so folk will be out and about. Seaside days out? People can't go to the pubs because it's to restrictive so Seaside or Countryside days out is an alternative option.

I doubt anyone will catch it outside. The Tube, however, is another matter!

• The reality is there are going to be endless amounts of variant's that appear, and unless we stop anyone coming in, or stop anyone leaving the country, we won't be able keep these variants out. Even if we managed to do that (which is almost impossible) we wouldn't have a travel industry left in no time at all. We will just have to have a booster every year, and the scientists are going to have to update the vaccine as we go along.

Sure we will, but that’s a better solution than locking us all up forever.

As the PM now says, we will have to learn to live with the virus. To be honest, I think it has already done its worst, given the vaccine rollout.

• I doubt anyone will catch it outside. The Tube, however, is another matter!

I think you right. It's more about close quarters over time. I think labs are already working on the next updated vaccine. I found an interesting paper on the Pfizer vaccine, it seems it is still on trial until April 6, 2023 and is at the recruitment stage right now. They should be paying people to take it like they would sperm donations in the US. People that do clinical trials usually get paid for it.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04…cntry=US&draw=2

Screen-Shot-2021-04-16-at-13-07-27.jpg

• Well it seems the 'so called' conspiratists where not far of the beaten track.

Pentagon scientists reveal a microchip that senses COVID-19 in your body BEFORE you show symptoms and a filter that extracts the virus from blood

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9…y-symptoms.html

A DARPA-Funded Implantable Biochip to Detect COVID-19 Could Hit Markets by 2021

Biochip Might Be Used to Detect COVID by Next Year

An implantable biochip developed by the U.S. government-funded Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency that can detect COVID-19 might be available by 2021, according to a report.

The DARPA-created biochip is injectable into the human body and reportedly is able to change human DNA and could be used to detect a COVID-19 infection, per Mint Press News (MPN).

The nanochip can also be used to deploy an experimental vaccine, and both could be ready as soon as early next year. Profusa Inc. is funded by NIH and DARPA and, in March, announced the injectable biochip for the detection of viral respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.

"The real important discovery here was you could now use mRNA [messenger ribonucleic acid], and if you got it into the cells, then you could get the mRNA to express any protein in the cells, and this was the big thing," Canadian scientist Derek Rossi, who co-founded Cambridge, Massachusetts, biotech company Moderna, told National Post.

Hidden viruses in the human genome  

• I think you right. It's more about close quarters over time. I think labs are already working on the next updated vaccine. I found an interesting paper on the Pfizer vaccine, it seems it is still on trial until April 6, 2023 and is at the recruitment stage right now. They should be paying people to take it like they would sperm donations in the US. People that do clinical trials usually get paid for it.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04…cntry=US&draw=2

Screen-Shot-2021-04-16-at-13-07-27.jpg

Of course they should, after all, they have hardly spend any money over the last year

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!