New Chinese virus spreads

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • If the vaccinated are less likely to catch it and less likely to get ill enough to need hospital then logic dictates that it will be mostly the unvaccinated laying in hospital. You may be right in what you say but the data is not readily available which is on itself intriguing 🤔

It is. Only 1% of people in hospital with Covid haven't been double jabbed. I think that speaks for its self

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• This is dated April from this year when only the elderly and medically vulnerable had received the vaccine i.e the people who would benefit the most. I am ancient and I didn’t receive my first jab until the start of May. This report doesn’t address hospitalisation for unvaccinated in those who are not elderly or medically vulnerable because the data did not exist at the time it was produced because those groups had not received the vaccine at that time.

So as much as this article says what you say it says it doesn’t really help in terms of supporting the forced mandatory vaccination of everyone because the data is not there.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• This is dated April from this year when only the elderly and medically vulnerable had received the vaccine i.e the people who would benefit the most. I am ancient and I didn’t receive my first jab until the start of May. This report doesn’t address hospitalisation for unvaccinated in those who are not elderly or medically vulnerable because the data did not exist at the time it was produced because those groups had not received the vaccine at that time.

So as much as this article says what you say it says it doesn’t really help in terms of supporting the forced mandatory vaccination of everyone because the data is not there.

Interesting post.

There is anecdotal evidence in that the current wave has a similar infection rate which was then not followed by hospitalisations and deaths.

The argument for the young to be jabbed is not really to protect themselves but to create herd immunity, IE a situation where so many people are resistant that the virus can no longer become a plague.

So not sure what you are trying to prove.

• The argument for the young to be jabbed is not really to protect themselves but to create herd immunity, IE a situation where so many people are resistant that the virus can no longer become a plague.

Herd immunity will also be created through the high infection rate amongst the young, which is not causing hospitalisations. They don’t need to be vaccinated as well.

• Interesting post.

There is anecdotal evidence in that the current wave has a similar infection rate which was then not followed by hospitalisations and deaths.

The argument for the young to be jabbed is not really to protect themselves but to create herd immunity, IE a situation where so many people are resistant that the virus can no longer become a plague.

So not sure what you are trying to prove.

We return to the beginning. Only the elderly and medically vulnerable are statistically at significant risk of hospitalisation, serious illness or death. The reduction in mortality after the introduction of the vaccine in this demographic illustrates the sense of vaccinating this group. Death in the under 60’s is a small number probably 1000 or less of all deaths due to covid (data not easily available - I wonder why) and those that have occurred generally had some underlying medical problems. The risk diminishes with youth to a very insignificant risk in children. Symptoms also become less with youth. So the risk to most who are under 60 who are in generally good health is not problematic for them. They will recover on their own and develop their own antibodies.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• On the Continent Covid cases are rocketing - our saving grace has been our jabs
    Infectious rage THE hills are alive with the sound of rioting in Austria, which is today entering a new Covid lockdown. The Dutch too, for whom being chilled…
    www.thesun.co.uk

Seems we're reaping the benefit of getting the vaccines rolled out quickly compared to the rest of Europe. Hopefully there'll be a Christmas this year.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16806448/…ing-grace-jabs/

Seems we're reaping the benefit of getting the vaccines rolled out quickly compared to the rest of Europe. Hopefully there'll be a Christmas this year.

There is a heap of broad brush stroke reporting in here with no data relevant to any particular grouping when we know the virus impact is very age specific. There is an unattributable quote from some nameless "Oxford" professor (who? why not give them a name?) who predicted 300,000 deaths if not for the vaccine. Personally I would not dispute that, it is as good a guess as anybodies. The governments first pandemic advisor (Prof Neil Ferguson - the one who broke his own lockdown rules to shag his married mistress multiple times) predicted 500,000 dead in the first wave, so he was talking shite and his legacy still undermines a lot of the scientific credibility to this day. Again, this is all narrative painting, detail and data free, "nudge" journalism. Especially the closing sentence in the article being the big giveaway that this is a fabricated fluff piece built around the European protests "That’s one hell of a persuasive advert for getting a booster jab, available from today to those aged 40-49".

You should get vaccinated if you feel it is the right thing for you and I would recommend doing so unless you have a bloody good reason not to.

But lets see this article from The Sun for what it is - its nudging sponsored by the Governments own Human Behaviour department.

• We return to the beginning. Only the elderly and medically vulnerable are statistically at significant risk of hospitalisation, serious illness or death. The reduction in mortality after the introduction of the vaccine in this demographic illustrates the sense of vaccinating this group. Death in the under 60’s is a small number probably 1000 or less of all deaths due to covid (data not easily available - I wonder why) and those that have occurred generally had some underlying medical problems. The risk diminishes with youth to a very insignificant risk in children. Symptoms also become less with youth. So the risk to most who are under 60 who are in generally good health is not problematic for them. They will recover on their own and develop their own antibodies.

The bit you misunderstand is that light infections the young get do not give long term natural immunity.

• Germany going in hard. Clearly a doomsday scenario which will ultimately backfire as all emotional and irrational arguments do. This is getting like Insulate Britain in terms of attempting to persuade by force. As I am sure the data will be unavailable my guess is it is the eastern Germans that are refusing the vaccine. Foolish of them to do so but they probably don’t like being treated like farm animals. Maybe a more reasoned approach would be more effective?

Germany Covid: Health minister's stark warning to get jabbed
    As Germany battles a fourth Covid wave, the health minister gives a stark warning to get vaccinated.
    www.bbc.co.uk

• Yes it does. By long term immunity I mean that the vaccine and boosters give virtually permanent immunity

Nobody is going to tolerate booster shots in perpetuity. The third shot will probably have lower uptake especially amongst the young.

The vaccine needs to be improved to provide single shot protection for at least one year rather like the flu jab.

• Nobody is going to tolerate booster shots in perpetuity. The third shot will probably have lower uptake especially amongst the young.

The vaccine needs to be improved to provide single shot protection for at least one year rather like the flu jab.

The flu jab only gives about 6 months protection, which is why its given at the start of the winter months.

Eventually the same may be true for Covid, but you would be surprised what people might except if the alternative is worse.

What you are really saying is that the young wouldn't except it because it wont kill them and they're no bothered about passing it to those it would kill.

Do you think that would be true if it mutated and started killing the young like Spanish flu did?

• Germany going in hard. Clearly a doomsday scenario which will ultimately backfire as all emotional and irrational arguments do. This is getting like Insulate Britain in terms of attempting to persuade by force. As I am sure the data will be unavailable my guess is it is the eastern Germans that are refusing the vaccine. Foolish of them to do so but they probably don’t like being treated like farm animals. Maybe a more reasoned approach would be more effective?

Or. The German government are trying to save lives and the German young don't care. Shameful people.

We accept very many limitations on our freedoms all of which are to protect others. I am saddened that these so called humans care so little about their fellows.

• The flu jab only gives about 6 months protection, which is why its given at the start of the winter months.

Eventually the same may be true for Covid, but you would be surprised what people might except if the alternative is worse.

What you are really saying is that the young wouldn't except it because it wont kill them and they're no bothered about passing it to those it would kill.

Do you think that would be true if it mutated and started killing the young like Spanish flu did?

There is the emotion based argument again. The alternative to the vaccine for the young is not a terrible prospect. The incentive to get jabbed to protect others who are also jabbed is absurd. This is the current state of the argument.

A lot of people look at the situation with the view that they won’t catch covid or they won’t get very ill if they do. They see this as preferable to getting onto a vaccination treadmill. There are also others who simply object to being told they must do something and so fight it as an automatic reaction. There are others who just want to fight and this is a good excuse. Most people I talk to now outside of their professional capacities are totally blasé about covid now. They are beyond pissed off with the whole subject and lead normal unfettered lives. They all got jabbed like I have not because they feel safer but simply because they want to be left alone to lead their lives. Put these same people into their professional lives and they become covid zealots simply to protect their reputation. It’s the old social shaming thing, it works for many because many have something to lose. But this is not the case with everyone especially those who have nothing but the autonomy of their own bodies to lose.

• There is the emotion based argument again. The alternative to the vaccine for the young is not a terrible prospect. The incentive to get jabbed to protect others who are also jabbed is absurd. This is the current state of the argument.

If saving other peoples lives is emotional, then yes. As for the idea that getting jabbed to prevent others catching the virus is absurd. You are wrong. Not mistaken or misunderstanding as I have already explained and then told you. You are now just plain wrong.

A lot of people look at the situation with the view that they won’t catch covid or they won’t get very ill if they do. They see this as preferable to getting onto a vaccination treadmill.

Yes we've mentioned the selfish ones.

There are also others who simply object to being told they must do something and so fight it as an automatic reaction.

Like those who smoke cigarettes. The stupid.

Most people I talk to now outside of their professional capacities are totally blasé about covid now. They are beyond pissed off with the whole subject and lead normal unfettered lives. They all got jabbed like I have not because they feel safer but simply because they want to be left alone to lead their lives. Put these same people into their professional lives and they become covid zealots simply to protect their reputation. It’s the old social shaming thing, it works for many because many have something to lose. But this is not the case with everyone especially those who have nothing but the autonomy of their own bodies to lose.

And the totally selfish. I think you've covered everyone of them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!