New Chinese virus spreads

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Or. The German government are trying to save lives and the German young don't care. Shameful people.

We accept very many limitations on our freedoms all of which are to protect others. I am saddened that these so called humans care so little about their fellows.

This collective responsibility drive is a leftist ideological thing. The flavour of most governments tends towards leftism these days but there are many in the world who do not share those values.

Trying to persuade some people to do something for a collective good won’t work. They will argue that those who feel they need the protection of a vaccine should get themselves vaccinated rather than expect others to do something.

Not all people share the same appetite for risk or even agree on what a risk is. Some see the risk of catching covid as an acceptable risk because they believe for whatever reason they won’t be adversely impacted.

Others are literally petrified of covid and won’t leave the house without a face mask even when driving alone. Who is right? The happy go lucky or the petrified? Maybe they are both right. Both are exercising their right to choose how to live their lives. Both of these people may be vaccinated but they are living entirely different lives based on how they see things. One is living their life the other is in survival mode against an invisible enemy.

The point is you can’t make everyone see things the same way. Whilst I am vaccinated I defend the rights of others who choose not to get vaccinated. You say they are shameful people who are restricting your rights but I say they are exercising their rights and to my knowledge your rights as a vaccinated person are already elevated above the unvaccinated so what are you complaining about? It seems you do not recognise that there are other points of view, you see your view as the moral high ground and you pour scorn on those that do not conform to your worldview.

If you were being attacked in the street and the two people who could help you were the happy go lucky or the face mask wearer who do you think would be most likely to come to your aid? You know the answer. It’s all about attitude to risk and individual values. Who really cares the most when it really matters?

If the vaccine worked properly we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• This collective responsibility drive is a leftist ideological thing. The flavour of most governments tends towards leftism these days but there are many in the world who do not share those values.

Collective responsibility goes back to at least the 9th century with the forming of the fyrds.

• Collective responsibility goes back to at least the 9th century with the forming of the fyrds.

Im sure that there were some who disagreed with the concept even then.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• People need to actually move some brain cells around rather than following what they are told by others all with an agenda. There's no point in pulling articles and statistics out of media and government thin air. They all have their own agenda that directly benefits them and nothing else. Even science in this day and age is meaningless and is something else that has been turned into a commercial interest. The days of true scientific scholars has long gone. Their mostly all lab rats now juggling data around fed in by someone else. All they want now is funding One scientist will say one thing and have evidence and another scientist will say something else and both will have established some form of evidence so it comes down to choosing who you follow like we do celebrities. Which team do you bat for. Following science is like following a religion.

• This is dated April from this year when only the elderly and medically vulnerable had received the vaccine i.e the people who would benefit the most. I am ancient and I didn’t receive my first jab until the start of May. This report doesn’t address hospitalisation for unvaccinated in those who are not elderly or medically vulnerable because the data did not exist at the time it was produced because those groups had not received the vaccine at that time.

So as much as this article says what you say it says it doesn’t really help in terms of supporting the forced mandatory vaccination of everyone because the data is not there.

OK, fine mate. Dismiss the advantages of the vaccine, ignore the experts, believe the idiots on FaceBook, go your own way, and get very ill. Why should it bother me?

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• It is undeniable now that the Covid patients in hospital are predominently those who are not vaccinated.

The government has made it clear that no-one will be forced to get the inoculation, despite the impact of that decision on the NHS, which is already struggling this early in the season.

• Still nobody moving any brain cells around yet then and just following what they are told like a good little doggie. Those choke chains are working really well. Gimp masks free of charge for now but soon to be sold at your nearest store. And when you catch COVID they can sell you some incontinence pants. LOL At the end of the day we are all going to catch it and it's not if it's when no matter if you had the vaccine or not. The biggest rubbish being spread like a virus now is the nonsense about getting vaccinated to protect others. What a load of indoctrinated codswallop in the same way as catch phrases like 'hands, face, mask' or 'levelling up' have been weaponised. It's like hanging a sweet from a stick in front of your nose.

• Still nobody moving any brain cells around yet then and just following what they are told like a good little doggie. Those choke chains are working really well. Gimp masks free of charge for now but soon to be sold at your nearest store. And when you catch COVID they can sell you some incontinence pants. LOL At the end of the day we are all going to catch it and it's not if it's when no matter if you had the vaccine or not. The biggest rubbish being spread like a virus now is the nonsense about getting vaccinated to protect others. What a load of indoctrinated codswallop in the same way as catch phrases like 'hands, face, mask' or 'levelling up' have been weaponised. It's like hanging a sweet from a stick in front of your nose.

So Norra, why do you think the government want to waist billions of pounds having us vaccinated. Is it because they have too much money, and are looking for something to waist it on, or do you believe there is a microchip in each vaccine, in order they can track us with a satellite?

• Dismiss the advantages of the vaccine

I haven't, I am vaccinated but I recognise the protection offered is limited and the data that supports its efficacy is not making a compelling case for the under 60's.

ignore the experts

What experts? The government scientists? Prof Neil Ferguson? Dr Fauci? - None of these have exactly covered themselves in glory because none of them are Covid experts, it was an unknown 2 years ago. They are all learning as they go and drawing parallels from their previous knowledge and experience. All of them are trained scientists, some with a political leaning in their thinking which is not helpful, but none of them are Covid experts, nobody is. Their advice has been wide ranging, sometimes speculative and often inaccurate and anyone with a thinking and enquiring mind would not be particularly trusting of anything these people say. Look back over this thread to the very beginning to see the critique of these characters as it happened. Making shit up as they go seemed to be the norm.

believe the idiots on FaceBook

I'm not on Facebook, I have no idea what they say on there. I can spot an idiot from 1000 paces as I am sure you can.

go your own way

I did, I chose to get vaccinated after weighing up all factors that were appropriate to me. Everyone should do the same.

and get very ill.

I hope not, but it cannot be ruled out even if vaccinated.

Why should it bother me?

You don't know me so if I got ill or died it would be of no consequence to you. But if I do succumb to Covid just remember I was fully vaccinated.

I am under no illusions about the vaccine, it will help me to some extent, I should be OK even if I get ill with Covid but there are no guarantees.

• You are right, after all you may get run over tomorrow, but it is still worth looking before you cross the road. Agree, the vaccine has its limitations, but all the data indicates it is far better to be vaccinated than not to be

• You are right, after all you may get run over tomorrow, but it is still worth looking before you cross the road. Agree, the vaccine has its limitations, but all the data indicates it is far better to be vaccinated than not to be

We agree.

• I'm not going to go into details but I suffered rather worrying side-effects from the vaccination. This is why I have decided not to have the booster. The effects suggest that the vaccine affects the whole system, not just the immunity. There may well be long-term effects, which we are not yet aware of.

• I'm not going to go into details but I suffered rather worrying side-effects from the vaccination. This is why I have decided not to have the booster. The effects suggest that the vaccine affects the whole system, not just the immunity. There may well be long-term effects, which we are not yet aware of.

Yes, the possibility of long term effects worries me, too. I’ve still got my fingers crossed, having had the two jabs and the booster.

So how do you feel about your fully vaccinated status (currently) being downgraded (in a few months time) to unvaccinated. This to be followed by being ostracised and marginalised and discriminated against. And potentially in time being rounded up and forcibly vaccinated against your wishes because you are a danger to the vaccinated?

• We’ve been assured by the government that no-one is going to be forced to have a vaccination, Armitage. Hopefully, the way we have dealt with our vaccination programme will ensure that there will be no pressure to do so from the Opposition either.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!