New Chinese virus spreads

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • We’ve been assured by the government that no-one is going to be forced to have a vaccination, Armitage. Hopefully, the way we have dealt with our vaccination programme will ensure that there will be no pressure to do so from the Opposition either.

I sincerely hope you are correct OB. What we seeing in Austria is exactly what I described and something similar is apparently going on in the Northern Territory of Australia. In the UK we have a government that have been inconsistent and downright liars at times (remember Christmas last year). We already have NHS workers being told no jab no job even if that has been deferred or fudged over for now. And there are places and events that only the vaccinated can enter with the vaccine passport. The point is it has happened and is happening in the UK to some extent. We just are not rounding people up or forcibly vaccinating them. I really don’t think that we will ever stoop that low but if this regime gathers momentum in Europe I can see Boris start to consider it here.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• There is no evidence yet that existing vaccinations will not be effective against the new variant. It is thought that they will be.

There is disappointment here in SA that the media has made some rather hysterical claims and headlines concerning this new variant and it's causing unnecessary panic.

Our scientists are working at warp speed to gain more info on the situation. Meantime, get vaccinated and stay away from crowds, wear a mask and practise all the safety precautions for Covid 19.

• Info so far from South African scientists on the new variant of Covid 19

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• So how do you feel about your fully vaccinated status (currently) being downgraded (in a few months time) to unvaccinated. This to be followed by being ostracised and marginalised and discriminated against. And potentially in time being rounded up and forcibly vaccinated against your wishes because you are a danger to the vaccinated?

Shall I buy a little bell to ring...'unclean, unclean'?

• We’ve been assured by the government that no-one is going to be forced to have a vaccination, Armitage. Hopefully, the way we have dealt with our vaccination programme will ensure that there will be no pressure to do so from the Opposition either.

We don't need to force anyone, we simply make it illegal for them to leave their houses. I would pass that law tomorrow, and if anyone breaks it I would have them executed. We need some space for the these refugees we are letting in, so perhaps that's the answer

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• I sincerely hope you are correct OB. What we seeing in Austria is exactly what I described and something similar is apparently going on in the Northern Territory of Australia. In the UK we have a government that have been inconsistent and downright liars at times (remember Christmas last year). We already have NHS workers being told no jab no job even if that has been deferred or fudged over for now. And there are places and events that only the vaccinated can enter with the vaccine passport. The point is it has happened and is happening in the UK to some extent. We just are not rounding people up or forcibly vaccinating them. I really don’t think that we will ever stoop that low but if this regime gathers momentum in Europe I can see Boris start to consider it here.

Just to clarify, what happened about last Christmas was that the Kent variant was discovered to be hugely more transmissible, and this upset the original plans for a ‘normal’ Christmas.

They didn’t lie. It’s just that this development was not foreseen.

• There is no evidence yet that existing vaccinations will not be effective against the new variant. It is thought that they will be.

There is disappointment here in SA that the media has made some rather hysterical claims and headlines concerning this new variant and it's causing unnecessary panic.

Our scientists are working at warp speed to gain more info on the situation. Meantime, get vaccinated and stay away from crowds, wear a mask and practise all the safety precautions for Covid 19.

It's the amount of mutations in this variant that is the worry LW. Normally you only get or two mutations.

• Just to clarify, what happened about last Christmas was that the Kent variant was discovered to be hugely more transmissible, and this upset the original plans for a ‘normal’ Christmas.

This is what he said…

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• I sincerely hope you are correct OB. What we seeing in Austria is exactly what I described and something similar is apparently going on in the Northern Territory of Australia. In the UK we have a government that have been inconsistent and downright liars at times (remember Christmas last year). We already have NHS workers being told no jab no job even if that has been deferred or fudged over for now. And there are places and events that only the vaccinated can enter with the vaccine passport. The point is it has happened and is happening in the UK to some extent. We just are not rounding people up or forcibly vaccinating them. I really don’t think that we will ever stoop that low but if this regime gathers momentum in Europe I can see Boris start to consider it here.

May I remind you, we have handled this entire matter better than any other country in Europe. Our infection rate is amongst the lowest, and our vaccine take up the best. Our economy is also handling the matter very well. In fact, not only is our unemployment relatively low, employers are struggling to get staff. If we weren't so bloody liberal, and were prepared to tell people what to do, rather than let the idiots read the shite on facebook, then we may be even further ahead.

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• May I remind you, we have handled this entire matter better than any other country in Europe. Our infection rate is amongst the lowest, and our vaccine take up the best. Our economy is also handling the matter very well. In fact, not only is our unemployment relatively low, employers are struggling to get staff. If we weren't so bloody liberal, and were prepared to tell people what to do, rather than let the idiots read the shite on facebook, then we may be even further ahead.

Being tough on immigration would be good. Research into an effective vaccine that doesn’t require 6 monthly boosters that make you ill each time would improve uptake vastly. Your strategy with current vaccines is a waste of time, like painting the Forth Bridge, you need to start over almost before you’ve finished. They only broke that cycle by developing better paint. See what I did there?

• or do you believe there is a microchip in each vaccine

Yeh I believe it's microchipped and is going to turn us all into Metal Micky LOL

I foreseen it so why didn't the government. The first reports of that strain where reported from Southampton long before they started calling it the Kent variant.

• Scientists are meeting here today to discuss and provide info on new variant.

I am hugely annoyed with the anti-vaxxers here who have been persistently aggressive to vaccination. These people have caused the virus to spread and it is the continuous viability this creates that has enabled the virus to mutate.

• Pfizer is already working on a vaccine for the new variant. 100 day window to do so. A good article on SkyNews about the variant. More sanity and less hype. Nice to see. It's cruel to panic people who are already in a state of turmoil because a girl from Sweden has told them the Earth is going to dry up and we're all going extinct in about a year's time :rolleyes:

• Pfizer is already working on a vaccine for the new variant. 100 day window to do so. A good article on SkyNews about the variant. More sanity and less hype. Nice to see. It's cruel to panic people who are already in a state of turmoil because a girl from Sweden has told them the Earth is going to dry up and we're all going extinct in about a year's time :rolleyes:

If Greta is right it surely must be better to die from a nasty cold than burn to death in the apocalypse.

• Interesting piece from GB News about Heart Attacks related to the vaccines especially in younger people.

• Pfizer is already working on a vaccine for the new variant. 100 day window to do so. A good article on SkyNews about the variant. More sanity and less hype. Nice to see.

Indeed, unlike the BBC who were joyous that the virus was back.

• Interesting piece from GB News about Heart Attacks related to the vaccines especially in younger people.

Heart Problems after COVID-19
    Chest pain, shortness of breath and palpitations can persist after COVID-19. Are they heart related? A cardiologist provides perspective.
    www.hopkinsmedicine.org

Here's another looking at heart attacks in young people who caught Covid. Would be interesting to compare numbers of those effected in each group.

• https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditi…s-after-covid19

Here's another looking at heart attacks in young people who caught Covid. Would be interesting to compare numbers of those effected in each group.

Another video about young professional footballers having heart issues after being jabbed. Excuse the sing songy presentation.

Emphasising the importance of vaccination, Ministerial Advisory Committee member Professor Ian Sanne added there was every indication vaccines were effective on the new variant, but this would need to be monitored.

He encouraged the public to get vaccinated, warning the new variant might be more transmissible.

Link

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!