New Chinese virus spreads

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Well in a classic case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing: I was invited by text last week to book a covid booster which I went on-line to do and selected from the optional centres presented: closest being Brighton, Crawley or Chichester. I got a text this morning saying I could book a covid booster at my local clinic. :rolleyes:

I'll stay with the original booking as there's likely to be much more spacing out at Chichester.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Masks are essential while covid sill stalks the world. We have been wearing them by law in public places since covid first emerged. If I hear a neighbour cough I put mine on in the garden. I have caught viruses from them before, coughing in the open and this being carried in the wind. I am twice vaccinated but you shouldn't let your guard down till this thing is over. The problem now is being exacerbated by anti-vaxxers who are spreading covid.

• Masks are essential while covid sill stalks the world. We have been wearing them by law in public places since covid first emerged. If I hear a neighbour cough I put mine on in the garden. I have caught viruses from them before, coughing in the open and this being carried in the wind. I am twice vaccinated but you shouldn't let your guard down till this thing is over. The problem now is being exacerbated by anti-vaxxers who are spreading covid.

Mask mandate ended in UK in August. Not worn one since except for dental appointment waiting room. Plenty of people still obsessed with the damn things. Only been challenged once. I told them to f*** off.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

Well, some scientists reckon that the virus is here to stay, and I'll be blowed if I'm going to wear an ineffective mask for the rest of my life.

I'm double-jabbed and boostered - that's precaution enough.

• Some info from the South African research group working on the virus is that the symptoms of the new variant observed in those who have been tested with it in SA are a bit different from the usual. Consist of muscle aches for a day or two and a slight cough plus this one seems to have no symptoms of a loss of taste and smell. Seems quite a mild version. Maybe Covid is evolving itself into a seasonal flue virus like the Spanish flu did. Have to wait and see. They think the vaccinations will be effective against it but all vaccination companies are ready to tweak new jabs for any variants so it's not all bad news.

Wearing a mask in public and staying clear of infected people is a good habit while things are still volatile. And while anti-vaxxers are causing havoc. Where I am they are doing all they can to encourage people to have the jab. Three big end of school year Rage Parties coming up in 3 different holiday resort areas over the holiday season so it's vital that these young people are protected with a jab. Last time they created super spreader events and that drove our third wave.

We are in the beginnings of a fourth wave but they don't yet know how severe it will be as quite a lot of elderly and vulnerable people have been jabbed. So here's hoping ...

• Latest news from SA is that existing vaccinations will be effective against the new variant. A doctor who deals with Covid patients says she has not seen any serious symptoms in those with Omicron variant. They will know more in a few days and much more in a few weeks, but at the moment there does not appear to be any need to go wobbly over it.

We are looking to vaccination, mask wearing, social distancing and basic hand hygiene as the best way to deal with Covid in all its variations. There is a huge drive to vaccinate. We are not going into more draconian lockdown. We are on Level 1 and that is staying. We are not going to cancel Christmas here. Our tourism industry has taken a huge knock from the panic caused by the announcement of a variant.

This is tragic for our economy, but we shall survive and meet any challenges head on. Business as usual, with sensible precautions. 8)

• So hopefully, the face mask dictat will be removed before Christmas.

Will the government ever stop panicking every time there is a new variant? If a potent vaccine-avoiding variant did come along, the measures introduced this week would do nothing to stop it.

With the vaccination programme being so successful, it is time to start getting back to normal.

• SA is considering a vaccination mandate. It is the only way to stop a disaster from unfolding as the unvaccinated are ending up in hospital and this is stretching the health system unnecessarily. With so many health care workers refusing to be vaccinated the spread to the public is practically guaranteed and it would be spread to the most vulnerable in this case.

The new rejection and hysteria around vaccinations is a mystery to me. When I was little many decades ago, we were all vaccinated at school and were protected from horrors like polio and diphtheria and small pox, etc this way. Those who missed the vaccination and got polio spent their childhood in leg irons and many died. I have seen people who have had smallpox and survived. Faces like moon craters from the damage.

I think there is a new ignorance concerning what vaccines are and how they work that is being made worse by certain religious beliefs. Noticed it where I am. You just can't educate some people. They prefer what Facebook or WhatsApp posts have to say on the matter. Signing their own death sentences. Exposing their children to the horrors of disease.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• SA is considering a vaccination mandate. It is the only way to stop a disaster from unfolding as the unvaccinated are ending up in hospital and this is stretching the health system unnecessarily. With so many health care workers refusing to be vaccinated the spread to the public is practically guaranteed and it would be spread to the most vulnerable in this case.

Plus those who haven't had the jab are giving the virus a easy place to go and mutate and stay alive, so although I don't agree with compulsory jabs in Britain, for your country it maybe the best option.

So hopefully, the face mask dictat will be removed before Christmas.

It's a little bizarre when Boris was at a massive dinner party the other evening and neither him or the other guests were wearing masks, yet they're saying that others should.

As you know by now, I think every precaution should be taken, but a consistent approach is needed ie the Leader follows the rules too.

• Over the past week or so I have been involved in conversations with a number of people who are expressing concern at the idea of taking the booster jab. They have all said they are double jabbed but they are not at all happy about the idea of yet another jab inside 12 months almost certainly to be followed by a fourth, fifth, sixth etc ad-infinitum as this will most likely turn out to be. So in essence they are not anti-vax but they are now vaccine sceptical and delaying their booster for as long as possible with a view to avoidance altogether and some have said they will only get boosted if not doing so tangibly impacts their ability to go about their life as they choose. One has said she definitely will not participate in any further vaccination and is prepared to live a marginalised life if necessary (only time will tell on that one).

It made me wonder what the vaccine passport would make of somebody who missed a shot? As I understand it, those that are currently double jabbed but do not take the booster will become officially re-classified as unvaccinated in around March next year. So it begs the question what if you missed the first two jabs but only received the booster - are you classed as vaccinated? Are you only classed as vaccinated if you have received the double jab and the booster (even though the double jab has worn off hence the need for a booster)? If you miss one jab but then have all the others are you classified permanently as unvaccinated because you missed a shot and can never catch up? Clearly, there is an element of social credit scoring associated with vaccines, maybe this is the way in which the Chinese social credit system is introduced globally?? Only the most compliant and obedient citizens get to enjoy all that life has to offer.

• Plus those who haven't had the jab are giving the virus a easy place to go and mutate and stay alive, so although I don't agree with compulsory jabs in Britain, for your country it maybe the best option.

It's a little bizarre when Boris was at a massive dinner party the other evening and neither him or the other guests were wearing masks, yet they're saying that others should.

As you know by now, I think every precaution should be taken, but a consistent approach is needed ie the Leader follows the rules too.

Boris simply doesn’t believe in it. He has put in place minimal measures to appease the controlling scientists.

For heaven’s sake, this is just a variant and there is nothing to suggest that it is even hospitalising people - the effects are mild. We can’t keep going through this rigmarole every time a new variant pops up.

• Scientists are meeting here today to discuss and provide info on new variant.

I am hugely annoyed with the anti-vaxxers here who have been persistently aggressive to vaccination. These people have caused the virus to spread and it is the continuous viability this creates that has enabled the virus to mutate.

My God, we agree !

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• The reality is that very few are anti vax and it's more of a derogatory term to put people down and silence them. It's a fashionable term that came over form the States back when the MMR was created to replace the separate inoculations rather than bundle them all in one cheap shot. The majority of people now are not in the same boat as those who where against the MMR or even like those large groups, like some kind of cult, in the US who are completely anti vax full stop, no matter what it is; to the same degree as those religious types that wont accept a blood transfusion.

Clearly, there is an element of social credit scoring associated with vaccines, maybe this is the way in which the Chinese social credit system is introduced globally?? Only the most compliant and obedient citizens get to enjoy all that life has to offer.

You could be onto something there. A social credit type system has been on the cards for a while and some places in Europe have been running trials and you can guarantee that the large tech companies will be onboard with it as they gain more authority and control over people.

Anyone want to buy a vaccine factory LOL

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

So who earns out of this then. Straight out of the tax payers hand and into some corporate entities hand or at least a cut.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!