New Chinese virus spreads

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • How elite athletes have struggled with the long-term effects of Covid
    For some athletes, the road back to 100 percent isn’t a straight line.
    www.sbnation.com

A whole bunch of athletes suffering after Covid

I am the one in ten a number on a list

I am the one in ten even though I don't exist

Nobody Knows me though I'm always there

A statistical reminder of a world that doesn't care

I'm the murderer and the victim the license with the gun

I'm a sad and bruised old lady in an ally in a slum

I'm a middle aged businessman with chronic heart disease

I'm another teenage suicide whose life ended at 13

• Well in a classic case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing: I was invited by text last week to book a covid booster which I went on-line to do and selected from the optional centres presented: closest being Brighton, Crawley or Chichester. I got a text this morning saying I could book a covid booster at my local clinic. :rolleyes:

I'll stay with the original booking as there's likely to be much more spacing out at Chichester.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Masks are essential while covid sill stalks the world. We have been wearing them by law in public places since covid first emerged. If I hear a neighbour cough I put mine on in the garden. I have caught viruses from them before, coughing in the open and this being carried in the wind. I am twice vaccinated but you shouldn't let your guard down till this thing is over. The problem now is being exacerbated by anti-vaxxers who are spreading covid.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• Masks are essential while covid sill stalks the world. We have been wearing them by law in public places since covid first emerged. If I hear a neighbour cough I put mine on in the garden. I have caught viruses from them before, coughing in the open and this being carried in the wind. I am twice vaccinated but you shouldn't let your guard down till this thing is over. The problem now is being exacerbated by anti-vaxxers who are spreading covid.

Mask mandate ended in UK in August. Not worn one since except for dental appointment waiting room. Plenty of people still obsessed with the damn things. Only been challenged once. I told them to f*** off.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

Well, some scientists reckon that the virus is here to stay, and I'll be blowed if I'm going to wear an ineffective mask for the rest of my life.

I'm double-jabbed and boostered - that's precaution enough.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Some info from the South African research group working on the virus is that the symptoms of the new variant observed in those who have been tested with it in SA are a bit different from the usual. Consist of muscle aches for a day or two and a slight cough plus this one seems to have no symptoms of a loss of taste and smell. Seems quite a mild version. Maybe Covid is evolving itself into a seasonal flue virus like the Spanish flu did. Have to wait and see. They think the vaccinations will be effective against it but all vaccination companies are ready to tweak new jabs for any variants so it's not all bad news.

Wearing a mask in public and staying clear of infected people is a good habit while things are still volatile. And while anti-vaxxers are causing havoc. Where I am they are doing all they can to encourage people to have the jab. Three big end of school year Rage Parties coming up in 3 different holiday resort areas over the holiday season so it's vital that these young people are protected with a jab. Last time they created super spreader events and that drove our third wave.

We are in the beginnings of a fourth wave but they don't yet know how severe it will be as quite a lot of elderly and vulnerable people have been jabbed. So here's hoping ...

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!