New Chinese virus spreads

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• The international media seems to be trying its best to scare you all into feeling crap during Christmas. In SA this isn't happening. We are getting far more rational coverage and what's buzzing is the drive to vaccinate as many as possible to curb the fourth wave which is in progress. Most of those succumbing to Covid now are getting the variant and are unvaccinated. Omicron has been around for a while in numerous places. A South African scientist happened to sequence it whilst doing tests and the whole thing went tits up in panic.

• I have no interest in hearing why someone wont take the booster jab, much in the same way I have no interest in anyone saying not to have any of the covid vaccine, and the same with all the soppy bastards that trying to say its a hoax or they are injecting people with microchips bollocks.

• I have no interest in hearing why someone wont take the booster jab, much in the same way I have no interest in anyone saying not to have any of the covid vaccine, and the same with all the soppy bastards that trying to say its a hoax or they are injecting people with microchips bollocks.

And that is your prerogative Ron and I respect that. I am merely pointing out on this discussion forum that there are other points of view and to my knowledge this forum has not turned into another internet space where thoughts outside the established narrative have no home.

To my knowledge nobody on this forum has ever suggested that Covid is a hoax, it is obviously not, or that there is anything in the vaccine other than vaccine. The video posted above didn't try to make any claims of this type of thing either. The point being made is the regime around the vaccine that is gathering in strength globally, how that regime is clearly alien to what would have been our established and widely shared values pre-Covid, the logic processes or lack thereof around the restrictions that are being used to coerce people into getting vaccinated etc.

How many boosters are you prepared to take Ron - and how frequently? Do you think your current clearly dismissive opinion of anyone who questions what is going on will change? Are you on-board with whatever requirements or restrictions are requested of you forever, without question or challenge? How long will it be before you have had enough? Or at the very least sucked some air over your teeth and said to yourself "hang on a minute".

It will be patently clear to you that whilst I am still going along with everything, I am questioning everything as well and can see the cracks in logic, the contradictions, the gathering and centralisation of power structures, the enormous transfer of wealth from the many to a tiny minority and many other questionable happenings that are all being enabled by Covid. The outcome of these actions are changes that could never have happened or been allowed to happen under any other circumstances and now they have been enacted are likely to stay in place forever, the "new normal" as it is referred to. Are you happy about all this?

Whilst it may ultimately bring little relief or none at all, I am really looking forward to the next General Election because Boris has got to get himself re-elected in 3 years time at the latest. As things stand he will have to have things back to normal with all emergency powers relinquished and Covid but a horrible memory or he will be out. I think that people will vote for anyone offering normality, who would vote for what Boris has done, voting him back in is endorsing everything he has done and encouraging more of the same - a vote for the "new normal".

Or as I suspect will happen, the next General Election will be suspended under emergency powers (in much the same way there was no General Election during WWII) because Covid is bad and we don't want people gathering at polling stations. Or maybe voting will only be allowed if you can prove you are vaccinated? Or maybe voting will be online only - how trustworthy is that?

I am merely asking questions Ron and doing so with time on our side.

What are you prepared to put up with and for how long?

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

Edited once, last by Armitage Shanks (December 2, 2021 at 1:19 PM).

• I'll take the covid vaccination in the same way I have started to the flu vaccine, let's just wait and see how often it needs to be taken before we start with the whinging about how often we have to have it, the fact they have mentioned tweaking the vaccine suggests that it is still being researched and developed, it may in the future only be required once a year who knows, but that will still be too often for some.

• I'll take the covid vaccination in the same way I have started to the flu vaccine, let's just wait and see how often it needs to be taken before we start with the whinging about how often we have to have it, the fact they have mentioned tweaking the vaccine suggests that it is still being researched and developed, it may in the future only be required once a year who knows, but that will still be too often for some.

I agree we need to give some more time to allow the vaccine to be matured into something that is a viable long term proposition. Ideally it will just become another component of the annual flu jab which is accepted without question and is most importantly not mandatory or subject to discriminatory actions for those who choose not to have it.

• The cases in South Africa are mostly very young people and those in hospital make up 87% unvaccinated. The push to vaccinate is top priority right now. They just have to break through the veil of ignorance that prevents people from protecting themselves and their families. I've never seen anything like this. It's a new sort of illiteracy. Not a good sign.

If they won't go voluntarily they are going to make it mandatory.

Get vaccinated!

• The cases in South Africa are mostly very young people and those in hospital make up 87% unvaccinated. The push to vaccinate is top priority right now. They just have to break through the veil of ignorance that prevents people from protecting themselves and their families. I've never seen anything like this. It's a new sort of illiteracy. Not a good sign.

If they won't go voluntarily they are going to make it mandatory.

Get vaccinated!

When you say unvaccinated do you mean people that have not had any jabs?

In the UK the double jabbed will be reclassified as unvaccinated next year (around March TBC). Only the boosted will be classed vaccinated.

What is the death rate currently - have you got any data for SA?

It would be expected that the elderly and medically vulnerable would be higher in death rates but the young generally brush this off with death rates being almost statistically insignificant in the under 20's.

So when you say its mostly the young who are infected do you mean its mostly the young who are making up the 87% that go into hospital? Which frankly sounds highly improbable.

I think it important to understand exactly what the facts of the matter are as many interpretations can be put on what you have written. Does SA have a problem getting the elderly and medically vulnerable to take the vaccine - the data supporting that move is very strong.

• Here they mean those who have had no vaccinations are unvaccinated.

Here is a link to the Covid info I use every day to track the cases

Coronavirus South Africa Overview | Covid-19 South Africa
    This site serves as a monitoring tool for the development of the coronavirus in South Africa.
    www.covid19sa.org
  • Here they mean those who have had no vaccinations are unvaccinated.

Here is a link to the Covid info I use every day to track the cases

https://www.covid19sa.org/

That is a great resource LW. A lot of detailed info there and in many ways it is far more real world usable than the stats spewed out by the official UK.gov website.

The issue of age related deaths is still quite fuzzy but from what I can glean it looks like fatalities in the under 30's are about 2% of all fatalities and the vast majority of fatalities are in the over 60's and particular the very old - it follows largely what we have here but I would say you have more young deaths than we do, I wonder why - poverty, underlying health issues, ethnicity related issues??. The deaths amongst the young need more context because the chance of the deaths being previously fit and healthy individuals is very low, these deaths most probably had some underlying condition but the data never shows this.

I didn't see data for vaccination uptake by age - that would be interesting to see if this was pushing deaths upwards in the the young. I am not so bothered about the old because they should get themselves vaccinated as there is masses of evidence supporting the benefits to them especially 60+. I really don't know why this would be an issue in SA. In the UK the 60+ just got the vaccine almost without exception and the deaths dropped significantly and we have the data to support that.

I think the vaccine mandate is a bit of a ideological issue, the vaccine should be used for self protection not the protection of others IMHO. I know others feel more of a collective responsibility urge, I am more a personal responsibility type myself.

• Just playing devils advocate here and kicking the ball around.

(For clarity I am in favour of everyone taking the vaccine to protect the vulnerable)

If we were to force people to take the vaccine by mandate or sanction, could it be the slippery slope some folks fear?

Being forced to take the vaccine, fair enough.

But what if we discovered a drug that stopped people being violent? Surely a good thing ?( . Would anyone sign up to forced mind control drugs?

(For clarity I am in favour of everyone taking the vaccine to protect the vulnerable)

If we were to force people to take the vaccine by mandate or sanction, could it be the slippery slope some folks fear?

But what if we discovered a drug that stopped people being violent? Surely a good thing ?( . Would anyone sign up to forced mind control drugs?

Trouble is, most things have downsides. If no-one in the UK could ever be violent, how could we defend ourselves against our enemies?

The more we try to control people, the more unintended consequences will follow.

• Trouble is, most things have downsides. If no-one in the UK could ever be violent, how could we defend ourselves against our enemies?

The more we try to control people, the more unintended consequences will follow.

More worrying for me is who decides who needs the drug and who doesn't?

• The international media seems to be trying its best to scare you all into feeling crap during Christmas

And on that note :whistling:

CB0-A04-E9-40-AA-4417-83-AF-7-FA1572288-C0.jpg

Were turning into a world of vaccine junkies. Who's to say this wont be the next Fentanyl. The adverse affects could be an immune system dependant on vaccines which then earns big pharma even more money. There is no such thing as a drug that does not have any adverse affects which sometimes can lead to having to take another drug to counteract the problems of the first. It's a vicious circle. People have already become more susceptible to colds and flues because their immune system has been locked away indoors for the most part of the last couple of years while all those that have been working throughout all this are just going about life as normal as if nothing has happened with the exception of those working with the virus, medics, health care workers etc.

One things for sure big pharma cannot be completely trusted and people are right to question things. On one hand we have medics who generally only have our best interests at heart but on the other hand we have big pharma that runs and controls all the drugs they use and medics are promoted to use certain drugs over another along with funding, free gifts and whatever else they want to throw at them a bit like giving them £30 per a jab which GPs now get.

As someone who has taken a lot of drugs in the past I can tell you that drugs are not always the answer and there are always healthier alternatives. Forget all the political mumo jumbo and catch phrases. It's absolutely shocking what going on in Germany and I'm surprised they have got away with it considering their history but then how many people are alive today that know the history and the rising of the Nazi's. Add to that the created fear put into people it then creates irrational thinking where one can only be led. I suspect the the woke culture and nansy pansy attitudes has had a big part to play in it along with many wanting everything handed on a plate. The indoctrination is a bigger virus than the virus and this is coming from both sides of the argument.

These are very concerning times we are living in and it's not all about the virus. I suspect the virus is being used as a transport which other measures are riding on. It's either man made or natures bio-weopon. If it's man made then we can do something about it but if it's nature then nature will just produce a stronger weapon to overcome our weapons of defence until balance has been restored to life on Earth in which case we are not helping matters but morally we can't allow people to die to save those still alive for whatever nature throws at us next. Besides there is money to be made or even save when it comes to killing off pensioners in care homes. A modern day equivalent of the gas chamber.

• The immune system doesn't become dependent on vaccines. It just handles them the same way it handles all invasions, except that the way vaccines are introduced (non-live matter) the immune system can cope and make antibodies. It is a genius discovery and has prevented the deaths and suffering of millions.

I have noticed that a growing number of people conflate vaccines with antibiotics. The two are different and antibiotics are a problem if used too generally for things they aren't effective against. This misuse can cause bacteria to mutate in mitigation because of the very short lifespan of the bacillus. Antibiotics canlt kill viruses. That is where the vaccine is effective. It is designed to teach the immune system to fight the virus.

I have seen people incorrectly claim that "more vaccines will cause us to see more infections." No. Infections with bacteria are treated with antibiotics. Prescribing them for every little infection will create problems with bacterial mutations. Bactria are killed by various kinds of antibiotic, both specific and broad spectrum. Vaccines are designed to teach the immune system to fight a specific virus. They can be tweaked to stay ahead of the viral attack, but if more people refuse vaccination during an epidemic those who are unvaccinated will not only run the risk of serious illness and its long lasting effects but will enable the virus to live long enough in a population to allow it to use its genetic intelligence to mutate and bypass our attempts to help the immune system fight it.

The problem with Covid is that no one really knows how their system will respond to it if they happen to contract it. Some have no symptoms at all but are still carriers. Others have mild symptoms and some just get eaten by it. This happened to our neighbour's wife in the days before we could get any vaccines here. She contracted it and ended up in hospital. Her brother got it and died. We know a fit young man who got it and ended up four weeks in intensive care and is now at home on portable oxygen. There are elderly people who survive it. You just don't know till it gets you so the smart thing and the repsonsible thing is to get the jab.

Religion is making things worse where I am as this lot honestly think God doesn't like vaccines. They fervently believe their immune systems will kill Covid. Sadly, many of them are now gasping in Intensive care and others were so sick they are struggling to recover. If only they had just got the jab. Too late now ...

To my knowledge the only situation in which an individual can be forcibly made to take medication is when they have been committed under the Mental Health Act. Violent offenders with diagnosed mental disorders are medicated to either keep them placated or to medically alter their behaviour. I would not want to change that situation but at the same time confess I know little about the subject other than being aware of the practise. Historically there have been more invasive and brutal treatments to modify behaviour such as Electro-Convulsive Therapy and Frontal Lobe Lobotomy. I hope these don't return to fashionable medical practice!

In response to your proposition I would not support any free, law abiding and mentally stable individual being forced to take any medication, be that a vaccine for Covid or whatever, or behavioural management drugs as you suggest. Why would that be a good idea under any circumstances?

I recognise that when you join the Army or other military force you will be obliged to take many drugs administered with the intention of protecting the individual from all manner of perceived threats, I don't know what would happen if a soldier refused to take the medication but I am aware that historically many ex-servicemen have tried to seek compensation from the MoD for the alleged harm from medical treatments that they had to subject themselves to under military orders.

You never said by the way but what is your thinking on the subject?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!