New Chinese virus spreads

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • North Korea: The mystery of its Covid outbreak
    The government says it has the situation under control, but what do we really know about the scale of the crisis?
    www.bbc.co.uk

This shows the futility of lockdowns. You couldn’t seal a country from the rest of the world much better than North Korea. They might have delayed it, but you cannot avoid it. Sooner or later, without a vaccine, it will get you, no matter how well you lock yourself away.

Shanghai eases Covid restrictions as two-month lockdown ends
    Shanghai eased a range of Covid-19 restrictions on Wednesday in a step towards returning to normal after a two-month lockdown that confined residents of the…
    www.france24.com

Meanwhile, the resurgence of the virus in Shanghai comes to an end, but without a mass vaccination programme, further waves throughout China will occur.

We must learn this lesson for the future. Pandemics don’t happen very often, but we must never forget the negative impacts of lockdowns, and the fact that all this achieves is to buy a little time, but at a cost in terms of deaths and severe discomfort to people with other health conditions.

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/61651016

This shows the futility of lockdowns. You couldn’t seal a country from the rest of the world much better than North Korea. They might have delayed it, but you cannot avoid it. Sooner or later, without a vaccine, it will get you, no matter how well you lock yourself away.

https://www.france24.com/en/asia-pacifi…g-lockdown-ends

Meanwhile, the resurgence of the virus in Shanghai comes to an end, but without a mass vaccination programme, further waves throughout China will occur.

We must learn this lesson for the future. Pandemics don’t happen very often, but we must never forget the negative impacts of lockdowns, and the fact that all this achieves is to buy a little time, but at a cost in terms of deaths and severe discomfort to p dolled with other health conditions.

Yes we must never forget the negative impacts of lockdowns. The damage they did to the economy and business, mental health and other health is clear. I would say it’s questionable the benefits of lockdowns, maybe to delay the inevitable and prolong the pandemic, and with or without vaccines people will get Covid.

Since we’ve re-opened last summer we’ve seen the virus have spikes and then equally declines with very little intervention whatsoever which suggests to me that the virus will take its natural cause regardless, especially a variant as transmissible as Omicron.

I hope future lockdowns for Covid and another pandemic whenever that may be are ruled out. That should certainly be discussed in any future inquiry we have into Covid.

• https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19…ur-bar-12632929

China is still hooked on lockdowns, whereas they should be rolling out vaccinations much more urgently.

I'm not sure either work OB.

Maybe just let people get on with their lives?

A bit radical for some I know, but freedom to live your life is quite important to me.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• The vaccines work,Armitage, and they have given us our freedom back.

The Chinese way isn’t working, but of course the leadership there could never admit they were wrong.

• Quite right they have worked at giving us our freedoms back but they have not worked as vaccines and to what expense.

I tend to agree. I got covid six weeks after my third jab. I only got Omicron and was n't bad. My friend who is anti vaccer also caught it and was not particularly ill. I will have a 4th jab if they ask me, but I have big reservations whether they work or not

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• Not especially keen to rake up old coals here OB but the vaccine was far from perfect if it worked at all.

• Didn't stop you catching it
    • Didn't stop you spreading it
    • Didn't stop you getting ill
    • Didn't stop you dying
    • Needed to be boosted every 6 months

and then...

• Mysterious deaths of otherwise healthy young people - curious number of young sportsmen died on the field of play and others had to retire due to impact of Vaccine (ex Man City legend Sergio Aguerro to name just one)
    • Heart swelling in healthy young men
    • ...both above now formally recognised as attributable to the vaccine in coroners verdicts

and

• average age of death attributed to Coved was 82 and the average age of death from all causes is 81 so why vaccinate school children?

and

• the death rate for those who died solely of Covid with no other pre-existing health condition was in line with annual Flu deaths for pre-Covid years - the figures were deliberately scewed by the government issuing statistics for deaths with a positive test in the last 28 days - even though this included road accidents, falling off a ladder and in at least one case someone who was attacked in the street and stabbed to death...all added to the Covid death stats.

...and a 99.7% survival rate for all those who actually did contract Covid

You believe the vaccines made the difference if you want to...

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Not especially keen to rake up old coals here OB but the vaccine was far from perfect if it worked at all.

But it did work Armitage.

It prevented loads of deaths and people getting seriously ill, which was its purpose.

You believe the vaccines made the difference if you want to...

That's what the scientists told us. Either we believe them or not. I believe them.

• the death rate for those who died solely of Covid with no other pre-existing health condition was in line with annual Flu deaths for pre-Covid years

About 10 million people have pre-exisiting conditions of one kind or another, including things such as diabetes. The vaccines prevented most of those people from dying and getting seriosuly ill.

• About 10 million people have pre-exisiting conditions of one kind or another, including things such as diabetes. The vaccines prevented most of those people from dying and getting seriosuly ill.

How do you know?

• Government figures Armitage.

Google it, by all means.

There is no figure for lives saved by the vaccine that had pre-existing medical conditions. There is a report that estimates what the reduction in hospitalisations may have been but this was in a period of change where we were transitioning from the first wave Covid to the allegedly less nasty Delta variant. This report also assumes that those who were infected later in the pandemic were equally as vulnerable as those who contracted Covid early on. Remember the death rate apparently soared early on because of Covid running wild through old peoples homes after the government instructed hospitals to empty beds in readiness for the never to appear overwhelming of the NHS. The high death rate reported early on was all the infected old people dying but then hospitalisations and death rates settled down. You can put this down to the vaccine if you want to or it could be that all those that were really vulnerable to Covid had caught it and subsequently died.

The report is linked here but it is an NHS report and frankly I don't believe it. The pandemic has done so much damage to the government, medical profession and scientific credibility that they will now say anything to cover there arses. I don't buy what they say, they lied and mis-lead and now I ignore them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!