New Chinese virus spreads

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • If he were to pass away with the corona virus. Britain would i imagine be in a bit of a pickle. Would the Queen decide to stand down and pass the thrown on to Prince William interesting times ahead.

No way would it be in a 'pickle'. William is perfectly ready to take over as King if both the Queen and Prince Charles were to conk out.

However, we are ahead of ourselves. The Queen still soldiers on and the Prince only has mild symptoms. Nuff said.

• Micky Mouse could have done better but this government have done no better than any other government around the world. Imagine if we had Trump.

Have you not sen him on TV?

He will have beaten the virus and all will be well in the States by Easter

Expect him shortly bare chested riding a horse into the sunset !

• If this turns out to be the case then the herd immunity should start to make the number of new cases decline.

Full details of the study on link.

• Here's a report from the BBC on the impact of Covid-19 on London. No surprise really that population density and urban living are not a great combination for disease control, just like northern Italy, Spain and New York.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52010073

• what's the point of comparing Britain's high density capital with whole regions? At least compare London's cov19 incidences per 100 with other high-density conurbations, eg Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Glasgow. See if density correlates with cov19 incidences per 100 population. I'm sure the data exists for an analysis of variance on many other factors, such as sex, age distribution, travelling habits, car vs public transport usage, prescriptions of different medicine in NHS surgeries (as an indication of degree and type of ill-health), socio-economic class, (particularly distinguishing between white collar and manual/blue collar workers), and so on.

It's pathetic and pointless of us to try and figure out or hypothesise any patterns from the scant and simplistic data doled out to us from government/media

• People dying connected to CV19 are dying WITH CV19 and not because of CV19.

The vast majority in Italy have had very serious additional health issues which caused the deaths but they may have died WITH CV19 and not killed by CV19 Virus.

• In 2018, an estimated 10 million people became sick with TB — with a relatively stable rate for the last several years — and 1.5 million people died because of the disease, according to the World Health Organization. The rise of MDR TB has posed another threat in the battle against the infectious disease. Globally, 3.4% of new TB cases and 18% of previously treated cases had MDR TB in 2018.

• Maybe this ^^^^^ can be moved to the Covid-19 Survival Tips Thread?

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Three months, four months I am not getting into semantics but it should be remembered that China is not too honest and open

The fact remains that the virus is spread by human contact and the sooner contact is limited the less the virus would spread

As I say Johnson and co react, they do not lead

They act on medical advice. Nothing wrong with that.

I have moved it as you suggested. I forgot about this specific thread.

I dont know how to delete the above???

• "it should be remembered that China is not too honest and open"??

Is this just stating a fact about a Nationality/Race/Country or is it racism???

I suggest you are innocently stating a fact or a fact as you see it. Not problem with that.
    But if Trump said it .............???

Edited once, last by mali99 (March 26, 2020 at 6:08 AM).

• Current narrative on UK radio ....

"those selfish people who don't obey Boris instructions on self-isolation"

"Prince Charles blah blah blah"

Question:

If deaths, claimed too be "Corona Virus linked", are people who would have died in any case, are what would have happened as learned by decades of registering deaths, should this be the way deaths are reported.

Example: 2000 to 2019 .. xxxx people died from Flu, Heart attack, Stroke, Cancer, TB etc ........

2020 the numbers have not risen because the deaths are no different from earlier years except CV 19 is attached to those same deaths which are never in the news???

Edited once, last by mali99 (March 26, 2020 at 6:58 AM).

• They act on medical advice. Nothing wrong with that.

They don't act, they react

It's a convenient cover to use the medical experts, it it all goes pear shape they will carry the blame

Churchill who Johnson so admires was given lots of "expert" advice during the war. He acted as a leader and made his own decisions

• Blame may be apportioned but there is no legal ramification when an expert gives an opinion in this way.

There is no paid for deal/contract. The definition of leadership is in one person who makes decisions which motivate and induce commitment. Corbyn in no way comes close to this. Shackleton or Corbyn... ????

I cant imagine Shackleton on hearing.... "as a black, Trans person I must have my own cabin on Endeavor".. that person would never be on the crew.

I have moved it as you suggested. I forgot about this specific thread.

I dont know how to delete the above???

Deleted here as requested by poster.

My Sainsbury's has instituted a maximum number of customers in the store and a queueing system outside 

• They don't act, they react

It's a convenient cover to use the medical experts, it it all goes pear shape they will carry the blame

Churchill who Johnson so admires was given lots of "expert" advice during the war. He acted as a leader and made his own decisions

Is that Winston Churchill the racist as despised by lefties?

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!