New Chinese virus spreads

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Deleted here as requested by poster.

My Sainsbury's has instituted a maximum number of customers in the store and a queueing system outside 

They are doing the same at our Tesco Extra this morning and Morrisons but our normal Tesco just had a flow system - no queues. We will try again tomorrow when it's Oldies Hour

They have adopted the Continental system of one in when one is out - they do it by using the trolleys. I couldn't stand in the queues for the time required

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52048632

How is this going to work in my general hospital where they sold the car parks off to a privare company, and you have to pay on exit?

• They don't act, they react

It's a convenient cover to use the medical experts, it it all goes pear shape they will carry the blame

Churchill who Johnson so admires was given lots of "expert" advice during the war. He acted as a leader and made his own decisions

They react to medical advice. That is the sensible thing to do.

You would be the first to complain if the PM just started acting on initiatives from the top of his head.

Why do you criticise everything, even when the government is doing the right thing?

If you saw PMQs this week, you will have noticed the spirit of co-operation throughout the House. A very changed situation from last December.

• They react to medical advice. That is the sensible thing to do.

You would be the first to complain if the PM just started acting on initiatives from the top of his head.

Why do you criticise everything, even when the government is doing the right thing?

If you saw PMQs this week, you will have noticed the spirit of co-operation throughout the House. A very changed situation from last December.

Yes, I saw PMQs

Corbyn raising relevant points, Johnson waving hos arms about with his usual bluster

My criticism is that thought the government appears to be doing the right thing it is too little, too late

One example is their insistence that construction and building workers are and "essential workers". For the life of me I fail to see how converting Battersea Power station to luxury flats is an essential industry except of course the rich development company has friends in the right places

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-52047003

One might well ask what the hell an eighty four year old was doing in prison

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-52047003

One might well ask what the hell an eighty four year old was doing in prison

Being punished Bryan, he was a criminal.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Being punished Bryan, he was a criminal.

Nasty piece of work. Here's what my red top says seeing as the BBC report is rather vague:

A better world without this scum.

• Nasty piece of work. Here's what my red top says seeing as the BBC report is rather vague:

A better world without this scum.

If the Sun s t e believed an offence committed in the 70s

Do we really think he would be a danger at 84 years old?

Had he killed the girl in the 70s he would have been out of prison years ago. Moral of tyhe story, if you are going to rape then it will be easier for you if you murder your victim. Ludicrous !

• Italy - the country most suffering from CV19 - EU membership does nothing for them..not a thing. Cubs sends doctors to Italy and Russia sends help and money.

Serious talks within Italy they will leave the EU ASAP.

• Yes, I saw PMQs

Corbyn raising relevant points, Johnson waving hos arms about with his usual bluster

My criticism is that thought the government appears to be doing the right thing it is too little, too late

One example is their insistence that construction and building workers are and "essential workers". For the life of me I fail to see how converting Battersea Power station to luxury flats is an essential industry except of course the rich development company has friends in the right places

To little to late is correct, the P. M as reacted foolishly thinking he had things under control his way. London is a very large city lots of movement this is a sure way to lose control.

• It happy slappy clappy night for the UK. I'm going to clap for all the supermarket staff working in dangerous conditions for shit pay so we can still get some food. Actually I'm not going to clap for anyone as it would be discrimination. What a load of b***ox....stupid clown world. What's all this nonsense distracting us from. On the posotive side I have come up with a cure for the virus. Get a bakers in London to start a fire. :D

• It happy slappy clappy night for the UK. I'm going to clap for all the supermarket staff working in dangerous conditions for shit pay so we can still get some food. Actually I'm not going to clap for anyone as it would be discrimination. What a load of b***ox....stupid clown world. What's all this nonsense distracting us from. On the posotive side I have come up with a cure for the virus. Get a bakers in London to start a fire. :D

What an odd time to choose to do this

8 o'clock tonight will be cold and most people will be settled down for the evening

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52053914

Here's my conundrum

Tory Chancellor borrows billions maybe trillions to support the economy, and will be applauded by the Tory faithful

Labour does the same and is castigated by those same Tories as profligate

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52053914

Here's my conundrum

Tory Chancellor borrows billions maybe trillions to support the economy, and will be applauded by the Tory faithful

Labour does the same and is castigated by those same Tories as profligate

Not really a conundrum at all, more like standard practice in Broken Britain.

George Orwell wrote: "Four legs good, two legs bad. Substitute "Four legs" with "Conservative", and "two legs" with "Labour and you have the populist media in a nutshell.

• "War-time food rationing will likely come into force 'in a matter of weeks' because relying on public to exercise shopping restraint during lockdown 'won't work', academic expert warns""

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article…pert-warns.html

I thought that panic buying and stockpiling was dying down

This will trigger it again :(

Now Bryan..... you know we're not supposed to listen to experts any more. Michael Gove said so. Except, of course, after we've elected a Tory government and they're completely out of their depth, when all of a sudden ...........

"People have had enough of listening to experts"

Becomes.....

"We are completely in the hands of the experts".

They'll be telling us next that all we have to do is train some more nurses and doctors - just like that - and Britain can handle anything.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!