New Chinese virus spreads

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Just been reading an interesting blog written by Dominic Cummings in which he advocates secret agents breaking into foreign bio-labs to steal viruses to test their security. The pandemic could be some massive secret service cock up by the West.

Welcome. love your name :)

Nice to have some new stuff

• The latest release from lockdown will mean that non essential shops can re-open in mid June. But shoppers will not be allowed to pick up or touch products

This incudes clothes shops where customers will not be allowed to try the clothes on. Given that different manufacturers can produce clothes supposedly of a particular size but that actually vary so customers will have to purchase, take home, try on, wrong fit or just doesn't suit, so back it goes to the shop. Is the shop then going to have to throw it away, sterilise it somehow, or just put it back on the rail. The latter I suspect

Is this the best that Cummings can come up with - even I could do better

Unless faulty or they are not as described they do not have to accept them back. My suspicion is that most retailers will not be accepting returns

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52829357

Today the long vaunted Track and Trace rolls out

Hancock is convinced that Joe Public will abide by this system voluntarily but if they don't than penalties will come into force

What this basically comes down to is if someone tests positive then a track and trace "clinician" (someone who has had one hours raining!) will contact the patient and interrogate them to find out who they have been in contact with. How does the patient know, if they travel to work for instance on the Tube how do they know who the other travellers are. Is the punishment if denying knowledge and basically saying "bugger off" do Johnsons jack booted stormtrooper arrive at the door

All this follows on from the Cummings business of "Don't do ass I do, do as I say"

I would not reveal any info to them, and just plead ignorance, I suspect the rest of Joe Public will do the same

• You obviously don't think it's a good idea, so what would you do? I may be wrong, but suspect you would keep everyone locked up until either the virus disappears, or we have a vaccine, either way your looking at a few years. Of course, by this time everyone would have gone mad, there wouldn't be any businesses left, and the economy would never recover.

Your politicising this, as I believe it were a labour government in charge you would be telling us what a great job they are doing. I on the other hand don't have an allegiance with any political party, and believe they are doing a decent job, not perfect, but decent !

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• Hancock is all over the TV this morning, trying to flog his track and trace

He's all smiles and teeth

What does he know?

• "Coronavirus: Test and trace programme launches amid reports of 'crashes'"

"It comes as Baroness Dido Harding, who is leading the scheme, told MPs on a conference call the system will not be fully operational until the end of June"

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi…rashes-11996193

Hancock laughed off suggestions this morning that this scheme was rushed out today to deflect from the Cummings story

As if they would :rolleyes:

• As we have advised you several times, DC did not break the lockdown rules in going to Durham as he had a 'reasonable excuse'.

However, as I said previously, he may have breached the rules with his 'eyesight' trip, and that was confirmed by the police today. However, they say they regard it only as a minor breach which would not have led to a fine.

Much ado about very little, it seems, then. Sorry to disappoint.

The launch of track and trace is good news, and hopefully will allow things to get back to normal a lot quicker.

• The launch of track and trace is good news, and hopefully will allow things to get back to normal a lot quicker.

Aren't you aware that the much vaunted system, stated by Johnson yesterday to be the envy of the world, has crashed. The Dame running it said that it would not be working until later in June. Presumably it was rushed out yesterday to kill the Cummings story

They literally couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery

"Coronavirus: Test and trace programme launches amid reports of 'crashes'"

• Aren't you aware that the much vaunted system, stated by Johnson yesterday to be the envy of the world, has crashed. The Dame running it said that it would not be working until later in June. Presumably it was rushed out yesterday to kill the Cummings story

They literally couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery

"Coronavirus: Test and trace programme launches amid reports of 'crashes'"

Negative, negative, negative. You'll actually post a positive news story one of these days.

• Negative, negative, negative. You'll actually post a positive news story one of these days.

I just wish I could, with this shower there never is any

I'll just have to wait until Sir Keith is running the show ;)

• Negative, negative, negative. You'll actually post a positive news story one of these days.

He's our own version of CF's Mr K. ^^

The launch of track and trace is good news, and hopefully will allow things to get back to normal a lot quicker.

Indeed. Anything that gets the pubs open sooner has my vote. Really missing a cool drawn pint in a beer garden in the sun.

• Could trolls kill the NHS coronavirus app? Experts warn there's NOTHING to stop people filing fake symptoms and say foreign spies could shut down entire cities

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8…acking-app.html

Time to start Bluejacking peoples phones. This could get interesting. Even if I used a smartphone I wouldn't enable Bluetooth because it's a security threat in itself. Even if people did fall for the contact and trace app nonsense and it got up and running they still need the tests and that is simply not happening. Plenty of NHS staff saying that the tests are still not happing and the few tests that do get done they they then have to wait like 4 weeks for the results to come back from the US for many of them. As one Nurse said the 'the government is lying to us'. Instead of listening to what ministers say and what celebrity doctors are saying as government spokespeople, folk need to start listening to what those on the front line and those who work in these industries are saying.

I know...a crappy Daily Mail article but Bluejackng is a thing and one can easily send messages to strangers. It a bit of a game messing with people really while in the vicinity, sitting in the train station or somewhere, with potential for malicious activity.

• Plenty of NHS staff saying that the tests are still not happing and the few tests that do get done they they then have to wait like 4 weeks for the results to come back from the US for many of them.

There is a hospital/surgery down here that has perfected a reliable test that gives a result in 20 minutes

Why is this not nationwide?

• Just been reading an interesting blog written by Dominic Cummings in which he advocates secret agents breaking into foreign bio-labs to steal viruses to test their security. The pandemic could be some massive secret service cock up by the West.

Wouldn't that be a tad, like, 'criminal'..? You know, going into a place we have no right to go and stealing the property of another country. And why would we do that anyway..? To test their security..? Oh, puh-lease.

By the way, welcome to the forum. Nice screenie.

No, I don't think we should indulge in such activity. Let's just leave that to the world of James Bond.

It's also a bit dumb of a leading figure (and one who is exempt from the rules that apply to everybody else) to go putting a blog out into the public domain that suggests somebody somewhere in the government is thinking such a thing..?

Nah. Dumb idea. Forget it.

• Meanwhile.......... at last: Britain is top at something...!!! Yaaaayyyyyyyyyy...!! Oh, hold on..... errrr.... Actually, it's something we'd rather not be top of.

UK now has the highest death rate among countries producing comparable data, or is at least the only country in the top two.

covid-19-deaths.jpg

All this was predicted more than two months ago when Boris Johnson was dithering and yet, he continued to dither.

I'm sure this will all come out in the inquiry.

• Meanwhile.......... at last: Britain is top at something...!!! Yaaaayyyyyyyyyy...!! Oh, hold on..... errrr.... Actually, it's something we'd rather not be top of.

UK now has the highest death rate among countries producing comparable data, or is at least the only country in the top two.

covid-19-deaths.jpg

All this was predicted more than two months ago when Boris Johnson was dithering and yet, he continued to dither.

I'm sure this will all come out in the inquiry.

Well, maybe we should just wait for the inquiry, Jenny. These figures only tell part of the story.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!