New Chinese virus spreads

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Maybe so, but don't you think the hospitals were reckless to send people back to the care homes without testing? He didn't tell them to do that!

I would have thought it sensible to do that, but then did we have the promised testing kit

I can only comment on when I was in hospital late 2018 (three times) I had one hell of a job to get out. It nearly came down to physically discharging myself in the end

• "Chancellor urged to act on rules that tax workers for free Covid tests"

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/chancellor-urg…-135422314.html

From the link

"Mel Stride, an MP who chairs the influential Treasury Select Committee, asked the Chancellor to look into the issue which could see tax bills for doctors and nurses “mount up”.

The rules, which were published by HMRC on Monday, say that staff should pay income tax on Covid-19 tests that are paid for by an employer.

The tests are treated as a taxable benefit in kind."

You couldn't make this up :rolleyes:

• What alarmed me about all the pictures from the weekend, was that most of these people, who all seem to be under 30, will have grandparents and presumably they will come in contact with them at some point after crowding at the pubs. They are potentially putting their grandparent's lives at risk. They simply don't give a damn and haven't given a second thought about them all in the name of getting pissed.

Were you any different at that age ?

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• You can't keep the country locked down for ever. People just won't stand for it and will ignore the rules. We also have the looming catastophe of millions of extra unemployed, especially the young, mortgage defaults, home re-possessions, bankruptcys, business collapses, bailiffs taking away people's goods and families thrown on the streets.

With so relatively few cases of virus the R value is subject to a lot of statistical "noise" and getting all excited over a few days elevated figures doesn't mean that the pandemic is starting up again but hey, let's not let facts get in the way of bashing the evil baby eating Tories.:rolleyes:

• You can't keep the country locked down for ever.

No, but we can keep it locked down until it either naturally dies out or a vaccine is invented. Left as it is we will just go on spreading it and killing people

• WHERE R WE?

Coronavirus R rate goes up again in England – hitting crucial 1 and rising in the South

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12086556/…1-rising-south/

Here we go again, who stupidly allowed people to mix too soon

The same people who want cancer patients to be seen and the economy to recover. The virus will NOT go away if we lock ourselves in doors. If it rains, sooner or later you will get wet.

• The same people who want cancer patients to be seen and the economy to recover. The virus will NOT go away if we lock ourselves in doors. If it rains, sooner or later you will get wet.

So you are happy for people to die

It is simply a matter of organisation. I can't remember which way round it is but the Nightingale hospitals are to be used for either virus or cancer treatments allowing the other one to carry on with normal consultations. Something the government finally woke up to, as usual with their too little too late behaviour

BTW If it rains you take precautions not to get wet ;)

• So you are happy for people to die

It is simply a matter of organisation. I can't remember which way round it is but the Nightingale hospitals are to be used for either virus or cancer treatments allowing the other one to carry on with normal consultations. Something the government finally woke up to, as usual with their too little too late behaviour

BTW If it rains you take precautions not to get wet ;)

Locking people away won't prevent deaths, it will just prolong the situation. Those who are very old or vulnerable will need to lock themselves away for as long as they feel it necessary. The rest of us need to get ourselves out there. 90% of the population have no immunity, if we lock ourselves away for six months, in six months time there will still be 90% of us without immunity. Now, do you get my point? If you believe a vaccine is going to come along and save us, think again !

• Those who are very old or vulnerable will need to lock themselves away for as long as they feel it necessary

Interestingly this is exactly what a lot of "olds" that I know are doing just that, they are all nervous of venturing out because they know that they are the group most at risk

• Interestingly this is exactly what a lot of "olds" that I know are doing just that, they are all nervous of venturing out because they know that they are the group most at risk

and that's exactly what they should do if they so wish. If it were me I think I would rather die a bit earlier rather than lock myself away, but we are all different

• and that's exactly what they should do if they so wish. If it were me I think I would rather die a bit earlier rather than lock myself away, but we are all different

You'd be surprised how enjoyable the "golden" years are, Bernie Ecclestone was on TV this morning - 89 years old with his new young wife and baby :)

• You'd be surprised how enjoyable the "golden" years are, Bernie Ecclestone was on TV this morning - 89 years old with his new young wife and baby :)

Dont suppose being a multi millionaire has anything to do with that

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53361906

Although we need to separate ourselves from the EU, should we really be separate on this particular issue at this particular time?

EU buying power will always be larger than ourselves on our own, so surely just from a financial point of view, could we not have got a better deal if we had joined the EU scheme?

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53361906

Although we need to separate ourselves from the EU, should we really be separate on this particular issue at this particular time?

EU buying power will always be larger than ourselves on our own, so surely just from a financial point of view, could we not have got a better deal if we had joined the EU scheme?

That's if you genuinely believe there will be an effective vaccine, I don't

• Although we need to separate ourselves from the EU, should we really be separate on this particular issue at this particular time?

People who voted for Brexit cannot have their cake, and eat it

• That's if you genuinely believe there will be an effective vaccine, I don't

I seem to recall they said the same about the flu, polio, smallpox, and all the other vaccines. There's money and profit to be made ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!