New Chinese virus spreads

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • In red, that is the $64m question as to how independent the inquiry will be.

• I wonder who is going to enforce all this mask wearing rules or decide whether the rules are being applied or not, considering how confusing the whole mess is.

I imagine that the supermarkets will have security guards on the door like they did when we were queuing to get in to check on if people have a mask on. Otherwise it seems to be down to compliance from the public

• The Police have already said they can't enforce it. What will happen is that the shop staff will be left to police their own shop. Now that is going to differ with a local corner shop run by an Indian family versus some cheap min wage staff member working at Sainsbury's. Then there is going to be arguments amongst members of the public trying to police others because they feel they are in the right and / or are so paranoid. Police if available will get called to these incidents which technically is a disturbance then.

I'm not going to wear a mask because as far as I'm concerned it distresses me. If I get any grief form shop staff then I will just pull my T-shirt up off my chest and over my mouth. It's no different from the majority of home made Blue Peter style masks and bandanna's. I might get a hijab just for some fun or maybe wear an SAS / Bank robber style balaclava. If I could get a Dominic Cummings lookalike mask I might wear that. I would prefer to take the piss and show it for the mockery the whole thing is. Has anyone even considered the landfill waste from all these bio hazard masks for the wildlife to then infect themselves with. The next bird flu might be COVID based :P

• Has anyone even considered the landfill waste from all these bio hazard masks for the wildlife to then infect themselves with.

That's why the pack I've ordered are re-usable and washable. A bit more expensive but much less wasteful.:saint:

• The Police have already said they can't enforce it.

Not surprised.

What will happen is that the shop staff will be left to police their own shop. Now that is going to differ with a local corner shop run by an Indian family versus some cheap min wage staff member working at Sainsbury's. Then there is going to be arguments amongst members of the public trying to police others because they feel they are in the right and / or are so paranoid. Police if available will get called to these incidents which technically is a disturbance then.

I might get blasted here, but I gather that the supermarkets have been very good at enforcing rules during lockdown, whereas some independent shops are far less stringent.

• I think most people will comply, but the kind of people that crammed the beaches a few weeks ago, might have a different opinion.

I think you will find this ends up in the courts. There is a lot of resistance to social conditioning of which this pathetic and futile gesture forms a part. Compulsory mask wearing announced on the same day that the UK declared death rate was lower than the 5 year average for the third week on the bounce. Talk about mixed messages.

How long until we have to wear name tags because facial recognition software has been rendered useless by mask wearing?

Apparently they want mandatory mask wearing until a vaccine is available so that means masks are a permanent addition to everyone’s wardrobe.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• I think most people will comply, but the kind of people that crammed the beaches a few weeks ago, might have a different opinion.

To be fair, the people who drove miles to the beaches didn't realise they would be crammed when they got there, and were never going to tell the kids they had to go home

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• the rich get richer and the poor get poorer

It's the Gruniad, I wouldn't put much credence in the story, it's the gap that matters not the absolute amount but that doesn't make for sensationalist headlines.

rich_vs_poor.JPG

The re-usable masks I ordered have arrived. Seem well made. If I'm going to have to wear a stupid mask maybe I should wear my green Manga wig as well. ^^

• And on that note....

Protective equipment companies under fire for '1,000% price increase'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/04/0…price-increase/

Dental patients paying up to £35 extra to cover PPE costs

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/06/2…over-ppe-costs/

Britons warned price of haircuts to surge as salons face huge PPE costs - 'We had to'

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/lif…ircuts-price-up

This is happening with most businesses now but it will reduce the business that all these companies get because of the unemployment and lack of money to keep feeding them. It's just greed. Businesses need to be prepared to take a hit and help cover the costs of COVID as much as everyone else. It can't be a one way street. You don't get a job with a firm and then expect to pay for your own PPE to be able to the do the job. You work for them earning them money so they should pay for your PPE so you can work and earn them the money.

What's really sickening is that most of it is unnecessary and is something created by the government that will eventually lead to more businesses having to close down which then creates more unemployment so folk can't afford the higher prices. It's a vicious circle with money all feeding on one direction that will push more people towards the likes of Amazon. More folk will buy some clippers and cut their own hair. More folk will buy cheap booze from the supermarket and drink down the park or hold private gathering in their own home. Less folk will go out to restaurants and instead will cook at home. Or maybe there could be some kind of food bank gathering with tables and chairs and pre cooked food by volunteers. An al fresco type restaurant in the street. At the end of the day if people are not earning how can they spend.

It's an attack on the poor because the only ones that will be able afford this more expensive lifestyle will be those with more money. The rich is like an exclusive club where they only look after their own and money will only circulate around the rich and very little will get fed back down to the poor. Eventually even the less rich will be drained as their money gets fed up to the more exclusive rich circles so those who would have considered themselves well off may find themselves being knocked down a level and eventually they could be the ones at the food bank restaurant instead of the Ivy.

Coronavirus costs increasing care home bills, charity says

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-n…k-a9552471.html

• It's the Gruniad, I wouldn't put much credence in the story, it's the gap that matters not the absolute amount but that doesn't make for sensationalist headlines.

The Guardian are simply reporting the report from the Swiss bank UBS

• "Family fortunes of wealthy increase as super-rich ride coronavirus storm"

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2020/jul/…ronavirus-storm

Despite the virus it's the same old story, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer

Those who are rich have the acumen to convert negatives into positives. The poor tend to be the negative types, and there you go.

If you are determined enough, you can climb out of these situations. Truth is, many can't be arsed.

• "Senior Tory accuses Johnson of blaming NHS for government's Covid-19 failings"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul…vid-19-failings

From the link

"Lansley pinned the blame for Britain’s unsuccessful attempts to control the coronavirus and unusually high death rate on ministers being slow to act when the pandemic struck."

Someone shares my view abut this too little too late government

Well, he has been led by the science. Latest reports indicate he is taking the bull by the horns and telling us we will be back to normal by Christmas. So he will ignore the prophets of doom, keep the vulnerable at home, reinforce the care homes and let the coronavirus rip...

Attaboy, Boris, that's what I call taking the lead - and he will be proved right in the end, too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!