Incident in Streatham confirmed as "Terrorist Incident" ..

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • From BBC.....

A man has been shot dead by officers in a "terrorist-related" incident in south London, the Met Police have said.

It is believed two people have been injured in stabbings on Streatham High Road.

Gun shots were heard just after 14:00 GMT on Sunday. Police later said the scene had been "fully contained".

Prime Minister Boris Johnson tweeted that his thoughts were with the injured and others affected. He thanked emergency services for their response.

London Ambulance Service said it was treating a number of people at the scene.

The Metropolitan Police said it was awaiting updates on the condition of those injured.

Gulled Bulhan, a 19-year-old student from Streatham, said he saw the shooting take place in front of a Boots pharmacy.

"I was crossing the road when I saw a man with a machete and silver canisters on his chest being chased by what I assume was an undercover police officer," he told the PA news agency.

"The man was then shot. I think I heard three gun shots."

Mr Bulhan said he then ran into the library and saw ambulances and armed officers arrive.

• And here we go again :(

They are saying that it's "terrorist related", that gives them more control and more time. Jean Charles da Silva e de Menezes was also initially declared a terrorist

I hope that this isn't a mental health issue

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• They are saying that it's "terrorist related", that gives them more control and more time. Jean Charles da Silva e de Menezes was also initially declared a terrorist

I hope that this isn't a mental health issue

All of these ISIS terrorists are head jobs.

• I hope not:(

Unless you are in the habit of carrying machetes, knives, guns and exploding vests, a

I shouldn't think you have anything to worry about! 🤔

• I hope that this isn't a mental health issue

And if were, would you want a different approach in these situations?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Two odd things about this from the reports

How come the police were there seemingly instantly

A passer by tried to stem the bleeding of one of the attacked by pressing on the wound using the blanket he was carrying on his way to the pictures. Who takes a blanket with them to the cinema, do they have open air cinemas in Steatham?

These incidents all seem to involve machetes. Who needs them anyway, what legitimate purpose do they serve. Perhaps it is time to ban them all together

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• It was terror related, and it explains why the police were there so quickly - he was under surveillance

" Streatham terror attacker had just been released from prison"https://news.sky.com/story/live-police-shoot-dead-terrorist-after-london-attack-11924845Another one early releasedOur soft justice and parole system need a drastic overhaul

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• The only real "mental cases" are the people who expect the police to weigh up whether the machete wielding killer is suffering some mental illness.

I have dealt with many a very violent criminal... many times putting hands-on... you can bet the leftie, liberal bleeding hearts would run a mile.

• Two odd things about this from the reports

How come the police were there seemingly instantly

A passer by tried to stem the bleeding of one of the attacked by pressing on the wound using the blanket he was carrying on his way to the pictures. Who takes a blanket with them to the cinema, do they have open air cinemas in Steatham?

These incidents all seem to involve machetes. Who needs them anyway, what legitimate purpose do they serve. Perhaps it is time to ban them all together

No doubt, you have some sort of conspiracy theory to explain this.

• Yes, a taser to subdue rather than a shoot to kill

A bullet is more likely to be effective in preventing a terrorist from setting off his suicide vest.

• You must shoot to kill. There is not even an option to "shoot to wound" say, aim for the legs??

I was firearmed trained to Marksman standard certification and I have seen people who are familiar with weapons literally miss a barn door from a few yards away. It is not like in the films.

People who talk of Tazers and shott but try not to kill a machete wielding psychopathic criminal, intent on killing innocent people, do not have a clue. These are the same people who would go nuts if one of their family was harmed by a radical Muslim killer and the police were all nicey-nicey .."lets not hurt out brown brothers, we must love everyone" bollox. The same people who never mention the raped girls in debates about the Muslim rape Gangs... but are too quick to savage those they perceive to be right wing, just because they do speak out against it.

The leftie bleeding heart brigade ARE THE PROBLEM.

• I have real concern about Police being politicised , knocking on our doors in order to control what we say and think on the back of total force. Yet will knowingly keep a potential killer under surveillance for months. Knowingly allow gang rape and torture of THOUSANDS of young white girls... its OK there not your daughters Mr and Mrs Radical-Left. ???

Police are reactive not pro-active. They respond, in the main, to a serious incident. This guy in Streatham had what appeared to be an explosive vest on him, besides the Machete. So we must assume the vest is NOT a fake bomb. It therefore is luck which prevented many deaths of civilians.

The question must be... Why was there so many Police and Police vehicles on the scene within seconds? The police must have had MORE than just suspicion.

Youtube is filled with videos of innocent, ordinary people being stopped and harassed by police, in Gestapo style.. "Vare ar Yurr Papers"!!! many times there are 8 officers or more dealing with one innocent person.

Boris said he will announce major changes to deal with the current seemingly mixed, confusing modus operandi of the police. Such is the benefits of a majority government, Labour can NOT stop him. No doubt they would want to bring back trips to the seaside for our poor Muslim radicals in prison.

• Which do you prefer... HS2 Rail Link at hundreds of Billions to enable a few business people to get to the cities quicker or investment into policing potential terrorists and building prisons especially for their lengthy containment.... apparently no one cares?

• A bullet is more likely to be effective in preventing a terrorist from setting off his suicide vest.

That is true, and a bullet to disarm

The thing about this incident is that a couple of tin cans around his chest - I think even I could distinguish between that and the real thing. Also he was under permanent surveillance , and when he realised that he was he ran into a shop and stole a knife/machete so he was hardly prepared to go our and create terror

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• This incident follows a similar one very recently following which Johnson made noises along the lines that this must never be allowed to happen again. It has so nothing has changed

He talks the talk and make the promises but that is all

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• This incident follows a similar one very recently following which Johnson made noises along the lines that this must never be allowed to happen again. It has so nothing has changed

He talks the talk and make the promises but that is all

New legislation takes time, I'm afraid.

• The question must be... Why was there so many Police and Police vehicles on the scene within seconds? The police must have had MORE than just suspicion.

Yes, they did. The man was being followed as he was considered to be dangerous.

• New legislation takes time, I'm afraid.

Especially when remainers clog up El Gov with their nonsense. Now that we have a solid government things can be done apace.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• There exists legal argument, as far as I can see, in regard to duty of care. Human rights for the general mass of people going about their lives lawfully under the right to freedom of movement..

Here is my scenario....

A KNOWN Terrorist is such a level or threat/risk that ARMED plain clothes officers closely follow him around a busy London shopping area. The risk is clear otherwise they would not be armed. This is real and a threat.

My point is to do with the duty of care to the general populace.... It should not be the case that the "authorities" knowingly allow this certified THREAT to life to walk among us. This is a clear failure in our lawful right to be protected, instead the "authorities" go full hog on it and allow the know threat to freely walk the streets and as has been shown many times, they are intent on killing people.

So i turn the focus away from "our brave police" (which of course they are) to ... duty of care for the people is being ignored at a known high risk of harm.

• Especially when remainers clog up El Gov with their nonsense. Now that we have a solid government things can be done apace.

The last incident occurred under Johnson's' watch, your response is typical of Patel - blame everybody else. If Johnson was genuine he could soon push something through the Commons like he did with the Brexit legislation

We know he can't be trusted and is a liar, methinks he is just hot air and bluster

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• "as it's revealed he was in MI5's top five most dangerous jihadis"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne…t-Sudesh-Amman-early.html

So why was he let out after a few weeks inside

The sentencing needs a radical update as does the probation service, perhaps even abolished. Years ago to be given probation would strike fear into villains hearts

And as for the parole system, a load of amateurs passing judgement on criminals, accompanied by the usual psychobabble

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Yes, they did. The man was being followed as he was considered to be dangerous.

I know that. Then that is not acceptable. The police "authorities" failed in their duty of care.

If I leave a pub after drinking 6 pints of Guinness and drive along the highway, my wheel encroaches the solid white line , by say one inch, a police car.. officer... behind me will pull me in, give me the breath test and handcuff me and take me to the Police cells, I will also lose my car. For this minor infraction the police act without any hesitation. (I know full well). I am removed from the streets for PUBLIC SAFETY and rightly so.

The police KNEW this guy - recently out of prison, having served 14 months for Terrorism - Radical Islam. They knew he was HIGH risk otherwise they would not be closely watching him, plain clothes officers carrying Guns. Thats about as damning a confirmation of HIGH RISK as you can get. So why wait until he is in a busy area of many hundreds of people and wait until he DOES machete several people??? If they treated this guy in the same way as the drunk driver those people would not be in hospital.

The fault can be two-fold.. (1) Leftie liberal pathetic bleeding heart morons.

(2) A set up incident?

You even have Bryanluc wanting this murderer to be Tazed... that is a fine example of the leftie liberal bleeding hearts destroying this country. He literally values this Radical Muslim killer above the law abiding person shopping in Streatham. NUTS!!!!