Phillip Schofield: ITV presenter comes out as gay .. say all news outlets.

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Posters need to remember that until the late 60s homosexuality was a criminal offence, and it was vital to keep ones sexuality a secret. Many prosecutions ended in public shame, and suicide

The effects of that are still around today and the publicity around a high profile celeb can only be helpful to dispel the stigma. Plenty have "come out" and told of their relief

• My two gay male friends, of whom I met for a drink tonight, think the same as I do. They say the Schofield is of no significance and should have kept his mouth shut and respected his wife and children. No one gives a shit about his sexual preference and total disrespect for his wife.

I don't believe you

Given your attitude I would be amazed that any gay folk would want to be anywhere near you

• I have switched bryanluc off but I do see his comments in follow-up posts which become part of the narrative.

But the one common factor both he and Jennydots and all les.libs ply is their assuming because you challenge or analyse a subject you therefore MUST hate the person, group, or topic so related. This is why you can not have a proper debate.

Example: I support border control... so as far as les.libs are concerned I must hate foreigners, especially brown skinned foreigners, when all I have stated is my preference for controlling who comes into our country.

Extend this mindset to Schofields pathetic life.... les.libs presume you hate gays or are anti same sex whatever?? nothing of the sort has ever been said or intimated. They assume I hate gays, despite there not being one word from me in this tone. All I have said is to do with the MSM putting Schofields "coming out" as an important subject of any relevance to the general populace, which it is not. Especially when real serious matters affecting peoples lives are not in the news where they should be.

The fact we have had another Muslim machete attempt to annihilate people out shopping in a London street is soon pushed to second or 10 the place behind Schofield "coming out" is both bizarre and shameful worse still because the leftie agenda want it so.

• I have switched bryanluc off but I do see his comments in follow-up posts which become part of the narrative.

But the one common factor both he and Jennydots and all les.libs ply is their assuming because you challenge or analyse a subject you therefore MUST hate the person, group, or topic so related. This is why you can not have a proper debate.

Example: I support border control... so as far as les.libs are concerned I must hate foreigners, especially brown skinned foreigners, when all I have stated is my preference for controlling who comes into our country.

Extend this mindset to Schofields pathetic life.... les.libs presume you hate gays or are anti same sex whatever?? nothing of the sort has ever been said or intimated. They assume I hate gays, despite there not being one word from me in this tone. All I have said is to do with the MSM putting Schofields "coming out" as an important subject of any relevance to the general populace, which it is not. Especially when real serious matters affecting peoples lives are not in the news where they should be.

The fact we have had another Muslim machete attempt to annihilate people out shopping in a London street is soon pushed to second or 10 the place behind Schofield "coming out" is both bizarre and shameful worse still because the leftie agenda want it so.

Two hate crimes in one go

Libies forget even trying to have a conversation with these kind of do no gooders lol.

• Libies forget even trying to have a conversation with these kind of do no gooders lol.

I must congratulate you on your sharp capacity to discern upon the Le.libs . I do however separate normal good, serious Labour/left wingers who attach to improving the lives for working people. Wages - NHS - Pensions - rights etc etc ... Leftie liberal ideologues do not think in this way. They dont care they just hate people who do not align with them... and I mean real HATE.

I speak as an EDL die-hard ..... Effortlessly Debate Liberals. !!

I have yet to see or hear one back up any challenge using logic and intelligence... the proof is out there.. they insult via name calling and labeling.

I dont know why they are of this mindset... regurgitating what they are told via false respect of fake teachers and TV shows and the Guardian etc.

They also never, ever say anything about themselves as this leaves them weak and open to challenge, even respectful normal challenge is not within them.

• I must congratulate you on your sharp capacity to discern upon the Le.libs . I do however separate normal good, serious Labour/left wingers who attach to improving the lives for working people. Wages - NHS - Pensions - rights etc etc ... Leftie liberal ideologues do not think in this way. They dont care they just hate people who do not align with them... and I mean real HATE.

I speak as an EDL die-hard ..... Effortlessly Debate Liberals. !!

I have yet to see or hear one back up any challenge using logic and intelligence... the proof is out there.. they insult via name calling and labeling.

I dont know why they are of this mindset... regurgitating what they are told via false respect of fake teachers and TV shows and the Guardian etc.

They also never, ever say anything about themselves as this leaves them weak and open to challenge, even respectful normal challenge is not within them.

Thus speaks our resident immigrant Irish republican racist and homophobe from his Walter Mitty world

Yawn

• Forums are about exchanges of views and I hope in time, you may have more optimism in this place.

We all like to express our point of view, and that's fair enough. However, The views expressed by some - quite forcefully - demand that they be heard and no other opinion tolerated.

Any opinion contrary to that of the extreme right of politics is dismissed out of hand with no supporting evidence or reasonable argument.

Any discussion that isn't approved of by such individuals is spammed until it becomes no longer viable. I tried to start a discussion regarding dance and it was mercilessly spammed until it wasn't worth my trying any more. I would like to be able to start discussions on theatre, literature and cinema but I don't think it's worth bothering because I have no confidence that the same thing won't happen, and the wholly inadequate level of moderation (indeed, a moderator contributed to the spamming of the dance discussion) means these people know they will get away with it.

I think they actually enjoy the sheer wanton ignorance of what they do.

I can look after myself in the rough and tumble of forum discussion but what is disappointing and frustrating is that so many here are - I believe - deliberately obtuse. I don't mind my arguments being debunked if it's done in by intellectual process, but having taken the trouble to construct an argument, with supporting evidence and links to authoritative articles from reliable sources, to be told the equivalent of "Nah, not going to happen. You're wrong because your argument doesn't correspond with my agenda." Doesn't exactly help the debating process.

The only reason I stay with this forum is to use it as a barometer of extremist right-wing attitude in the current political climate. I take what I read here to other places I frequent and use it as examples of the current malaise in British politics.

It's sad really. This could be a good site. But right now, it isn't.

• Its definitely NOT off topic not by any means or logic. The patently obvious reference by intimation (as it is literally in the Schofield thread, I started) is the time and significance our MSM gives the Schofield decision to do the dirty on his wife and children... he admits to being in relation ships with men...you are squeezing the life out of proper debate and individual opinions being expressed as they deem fit.

It is ridiculous to delete my last post... you are policing my opinion... with no basis in causation to the accepted rationale on free speech.

• Pathetic snowflake. For gods sake grow up. You dish out personal insults, even after only a day on the forum, to people you have not a clue about. People dont care about your feelings... just debate the topic.

It dont wash with me gal. You leftie liberal egocentric ideologues re NOT in the room.

• It is ridiculous to delete my last post... you are policing my opinion... with no basis in causation to the accepted rationale on free speech.

8. You agree to abide by moderators/administrators decisions and you agree not to argue with their decisions.

Member infracted.

I remind all members that the topic is Philip Schofield coming out gay. Not shoe colour or any other off topic crap.

• As we all know, about 80-90% of all those in media are gay, ranging from midget actors who belong to religious cults, to news/political tv presenters.

Perhaps it's not obvious to them, although I don't buy that for a second, but it is to everyone else.

Whats this??? is this about Schofield? Oh yes of course... because my imagination and ability to discern and the fact it is in the Thread logically tells me.. but not directly.. that this is about Schofield. Not TV presenter crap??

• Can someone tell me how an issue is "forced" upon people?

Jennydots.. you are probably a very nice person in fact I bet you really are. But can you not see that YOU personalise your comments and insult people. I dont get offended but I will debate the attitude within a post when it drifts from the topic towards the writer/typer?

If you re going to dish out labels .. EDL, right winger, along with B.luc then you must not get upset when I respond like-minded. But I do not complain. I dont mind, my aim becomes one of showing your hypocrisy.

You get upset - but YOU dish it out and even to people on your second day using this site.

I dont mind its not my site. But stop moaning.... if you debate the SUBJECT/Topic without focusing on the person who stated it then you will be fine. I dont you - you dont know me. So it is crass stupidity to aim your vitriol at me in person.

I dont mind - its a free world and I am a free speech absolutist.

But heres the rub... you will take the piss out of this response .. instead of moving on and just be open minded.

Please yourself.

• Another meaningless waste of space ramble and rant

• Well you will never find any thread or post from me anywhere on your forum attacking another individual EXCEPT IN RESPONSE to them first aiming insult at me.

I do not have your luxury of deleting or banning people.

How would you respond to being called and EDL - Racist - LIAR - Walter Mitty ?? When you have only expressed honest opinion on a subject? I am not a snowflake but I will not accept such shite from Jennydots and Bryanluc.... I have never, ever, NOT ever started with the insults.

They know YOU have the power to delete their membership ..

If I am called /labelled racist - liar .... do you think I have the right of reply - just to see how those dishing it out react??

• Well you will never find any thread or post from me anywhere on your forum attacking another individual EXCEPT IN RESPONSE to them first aiming insult at me.

I do not have your luxury of deleting or banning people.

How would you respond to being called and EDL - Racist - LIAR - Walter Mitty ?? When you have only expressed honest opinion on a subject? I am not a snowflake but I will not accept such shite from Jennydots and Bryanluc.... I have never, ever, NOT ever started with the insults.

They know YOU have the power to delete their membership ..

If I am called /labelled racist - liar .... do you think I have the right of reply - just to see how those dishing it out react??

Many years ago in Britain Schofield would of been locked up for Buggering. lol Is Buggering now classed as been a Hero in Britain? He's a traitor to his family.

• Many years ago in Britain Schofield would of been locked up for Buggering. lol Is Buggering now classed as been a Hero in Britain? He's a traitor to his family.

Yep. I have had both Jennydots and Bryanluc say... "well you know what they say about people who keep on about it"? // This childish retort in itself implying I am a Homosexual (in the closet) and also implying it is a bad thing to be one. LOL. They will not allow accept it when you say.. "my best friends are homosexual male married to each other, my wife read her own poetry at their wedding by request"... they respond .. "that old , my friends are gay, chestnut"!! You cant debate with these people. This proves it.

Remember the guy ordering the cake in N Ireland, he wanted two men, gays, on the cake. The Cake maker was a devout christian who held to his belief in opposing same sex marriage and homosexual relationships, not through hate but because it was hi truly held belief emanating from thousands of years in Christianity.

So you see the intent on the part of some gays as a community. They dont give a flying shite for the guys christian belief.. they use words such as - "hate" - "homophobe" so in effect they gays are trying to shut down free speech via identity politics agenda. Thankfully the courts saw sense and the cake shop owner won the case.

So where is the hate and control?? Clearly from the gay people in question. This is why I challenge Le.Libs it is not just a matter of which colour shoes you wear Brown or Black it is a matter of a minority controlling the majority and they enforce with vitriol.

I can also say that my gay friends in no way supported the attitude of the Gays ordering their cake and taking the shop owner to court.

• Yep. I have had both Jennydots and Bryanluc say... "well you know what they say about people who keep on about it"? // This childish retort in itself implying I am a Homosexual (in the closet) and also implying it is a bad thing to be one. LOL. They will not allow accept it when you say.. "my best friends are homosexual male married to each other, my wife read her own poetry at their wedding by request"... they respond .. "that old , my friends are gay, chestnut"!! You cant debate with these people. This proves it.

Remember the guy ordering the cake in N Ireland, he wanted two men, gays, on the cake. The Cake maker was a devout christian who held to his belief in opposing same sex marriage and homosexual relationships, not through hate but because it was hi truly held belief emanating from thousands of years in Christianity.

So you see the intent on the part of some gays as a community. They dont give a flying shite for the guys christian belief.. they use words such as - "hate" - "homophobe" so in effect they gays are trying to shut down free speech via identity politics agenda. Thankfully the courts saw sense and the cake shop owner won the case.

So where is the hate and control?? Clearly from the gay people in question. This is why I challenge Le.Libs it is not just a matter of which colour shoes you wear Brown or Black it is a matter of a minority controlling the majority and they enforce with vitriol.

I can also say that my gay friends in no way supported the attitude of the Gays ordering their cake and taking the shop owner to court.

The impossibility arises with such people, its been proved time and time again these particular type of people are have a one way fixed mind, argumentative illogical fool hearted degenerative disordered plebs, beyond anything apart from lying to others and themselves. I wish them well! the road to failure.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!