VM Press Yellow for +1 feature

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I've been having a try of the Press Yellow for +1 feature again, since it is no longer hidden.

I can't see why they released it, it's still clunky, with blank screens, spinning discs and odd on-screen messages.

For Channel 4 SD> Channel 4+1 the message is "there is no +1 for this channel, yet it has already tuned to it! Now being pedantic I know that maybe the +1 doesn't have the regional advertising, so its not exactly the same, but it has still reached the intended channel.

For the others I have tried so far (Sky Witness SD, Sony Channel, ITV4) they also switch to the correct +1, but then bring up the message "you are already tuned to a +1 channel". Which makes no sense.

The delay with blank screens and spinning loading discs doesn't happen on the similar Press Blue for HD feature, why should this be any different?

The on-screen messages don't look good at all, given they are just confusing given the box successfully switches to the desired +1 channel.

• The delay with blank screens and spinning loading discs doesn't happen on the similar Press Blue for HD feature, why should this be any different?

Don't know, but I agree with you, it's clunky.

I would prefer the +1s were back next to their main channels rather than slung all over the place.

• Don't know, but I agree with you, it's clunky.

I would prefer the +1s were back next to their main channels rather than slung all over the place.

If it were me, and I was creating a new EPG User Interface, I'd not give any of the +1s channel numbers, but I'd have a "toggle" button which would toggle whether they showed on the EPG. They would appear next to the main channel, but would hide from those that don't want them cluttering things.

E.g.

Before

114 ITV2

115 ITV3

116 ITV4

After pressing +1 "toggle" button

114 ITV2

ITV2+1

115 ITV3

ITV3+1

116 ITV4

...etc

Edited once, last by cheekyangus: Spelling (February 17, 2020 at 9:45 AM).

• Like that cheeky and to add to that, a little option to get a little live preview box showing the channel.

I just got the "you are already tuned to a +1 channel, E4+1. Press ok to close" message when I selected the +1 while on E4.

I assume that the v6 automatically tuned to the +1 ch before I selected it, as the v6 is tuned to several channels at once, but what a bloody mess...:rolleyes:

• Like that cheeky and to add to that, a little option to get a little live preview box showing the channel.

I just got the "you are already tuned to a +1 channel, E4+1. Press ok to close" message when I selected the +1 while on E4.

I assume that the v6 automatically tuned to the +1 ch before I selected it, as the v6 is tuned to several channels at once, but what a bloody mess...:rolleyes:

I knew what my tuners were tuned to before I tested it. It's not that as far as can see.

• I was told on Friday a fix was coming.

I haven't had need to check since then so I only tried it again today, and it is fixed and working as it should. Speedy and no messages. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if the feature being unhidden now is a precursor to VM rearranging the +1 channels. A Sky-style arrangement maybe.

• Not everyone has the Visable Yellow Button update yet according to spiderplant on Cable Forum.

At least they shouldn't get to see the clunky version, now it has been fixed. I wonder if the fix was at VM's end. If so, it may fix it for those that still have older software that has the feature in its hidden form.

• I was told on Friday a fix was coming.

I haven't had need to check since then so I only tried it again today, and it is fixed and working as it should. Speedy and no messages. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if the feature being unhidden now is a precursor to VM rearranging the +1 channels. A Sky-style arrangement maybe.

Yep, works for me now.:thumbup:

How does Sky organise their +1s now?

• Yep, works for me now.:thumbup:

How does Sky organise their +1s now?

They put the +1s whose primary channel is in the 100s, into the same two digits in the 200s.

E.g. 103 ITV, 203 ITV+1

104 Channel 4, 204 Channel 4 +1

105 Channel 5, 205 Channel 5 +1

...etc...

Any channel without a +1 has a blank space in the relevant 200s position.

+1s outside the 100s EPG numbers e.g. film channels, have any +1s wherever they can.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!