Corona Virus in Iran

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • Here in Iran the Corona Virus appeared now and its a big problem

It appeared in several cities now and 4 people died so far. They say it also appeared in Tehran already and so it will be almost impossible to stop it.

All 4 victims were elderly people and many here are worried here how this develops. Health department said if people feel symptoms tehy should not use public transport but call ambulance.

The first infected appeared in the city of Qom. There are many tourists there and it appeared the first infected was a women working as tour guide for chinese tourists.

Now that it spread to Iran it also spread from here into Iraq and Lebanon as well as Israel, where infected were detected.

I hope they find vaccination soon.

• Unfortunately a mass produced vaccine is many months away if not years. Isolation and avoidance of mass events is the only real precaution.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• I wouldn't worry about you have more chance of getting run over buy a bus. It only the old and vulnerable and those that have ongoing health conditions it affects. For anyone else it just a bad case of the flu.

• I wouldn't worry about you have more chance of getting run over buy a bus. It only the old and vulnerable and those that have ongoing health conditions it affects. For anyone else it just a bad case of the flu.

Its not like that. Corona Virus is lethal in 2 to 3 % of cases. Thats 20 times higher than the average flu. Its also extremly infectious, 4 times more than the flu. Up to 60% in a city cqn get infected. Calculate that high mortality 2ith infectiom rate and you are worse than spanish flu.

• Iran right now is 2nd hardest hit nation after China. In most cases the sickness is rather mild but its a big danger for the elderly or already ill people.

• Its very bad here and it doesnt stop. The Virus spreads further and further and we lack breathing machines. Its hits mostly elderly people or those with pre conditions. They die a slow and agonizing death. Its like slowly drowning. Doctors and nurses do evrything but the low number of breathing machines makes it hard to fight all this.

As Iran struggles to fight the coronavirus outbreak, Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has made a public plea for sanctions relief and medical supplies.

Zarif tweeted March 12 that the efforts to fight the virus “are stymied by vast shortages caused by restrictions on our people’s access to medicine/equipment.” He went on, “Viruses don’t discriminate. Nor should humankind.” The tweet was accompanied by a picture listing the country’s medical needs, many of them respiratory-assistance devices and basic medical equipment such as gloves and masks.

Zarif also wrote a letter to UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres calling for the end of US sanctions as Iran battles the disease. In the letter, Zarif called US sanctions “obstacles to the sale of medicine, medical supplies and humanitarian goods.” He said that Iran’s inability to sell oil combined with banking and insurance sanctions have impacted the country’s ability to provide citizens with subsidies on basic goods.

Iran has taken the additional step of asking the International Monetary Fund for money to fight the coronavirus. The head of Iran’s Central Bank, Abdolnaser Hemmati, wrote that the country has asked the IMF for $5 billion. Hemmati said that the IMF’s response will be “good criteria” to judge whether its claims that the body is ready to help counties fight the virus are genuine.

The spread of the coronavirus has shown no signs of slowing down in Iran. The last 24 hours have recorded more than 1,000 new cases, according to Health Ministry spokesman Kianoush Jahanpour, bringing the total confirmed coronavirus cases to 10,078 with 429 deaths. The cases continue to be centered in the provinces of Tehran, Gilan, Qom and Mazandaran, but all of Iran’s 31 provinces have confirmed cases.

Jahanpour also denied reports that the country is considering putting cities under quarantine or closing gas stations amid rumors that gas pump handles were spreading the virus. A number of officials including parliamentarians have called for a quarantine of major centers of the outbreak, but government officials have so far refused to take such drastic measures.

Health Minister Saeed Namaki has announced that rather than seeing people who are symptomatic in hospitals, Iran is now attempting to test individuals for the virus at testing centers. Namaki said that this plan has been implemented in four provinces and will soon be a nationwide program. He added that there are currently 50 such centers and by next week there will be 80. According to Namaki, 3.5 million people have been “evaluated” in the last two days. Of them, 1,200 have been recommended for “monitoring.”

Read more: https://www.al-monitor.com/pul…ctions.html#ixzz6GglCBlLk

• There should be immediate relaxing of sanctions where products and assistance is a necessity.

This is the one time the Christian ethic can be tested. Jesus would be 100% in favour of supporting Iran.

• Because of sanctions we lack evrything. Breathing machines in intensive care units, desinfection supplies and breathing masks.

We produce some of tthat stuff ourself, but in too low numbers. The hospitals here are at their absolute limits. Doctors and nurses dont even go home anymore. nd because teh Corona Virus, they cant do other surgeries.

They have to do the triage here, like in war and decide who they can help and who not. One doctor said she has a private death list and gives her mobile phones to those who are dieing so they can one last time speak with their families. Its a slow death, like drowning.

The nurses here even lack now level 3 gloves and use plastic gloves to cover their hands

248133191234118237255892291361315189243239163.jpg

Medicine in Iran has a very high standard. Doctors and nurses have education and training similar to western Europe or USA. But we lack the equipment now. As it looks like only China and Russia want help us.

To show you whats going on, because lack of machines, nurses have to manually assist breathing nonstop 24/7 at some patients

17016819228221811818417916920923711825172184.jpg

742251751173910673842271861752509499069.jpg

• Yes you are right. i totally support what you say. It is unacceptable for countries who have huge provision/resources not to assist other countries that are very /more vulnerable.

But I say this Darious as a sideline comment - the Potato Famine in Ireland killed half the population and Britain was the richest most powerful country on Earth just a few miles across the water/sea.... the British politicians allowed/wanted the Irish people to die .. they refused to send food and medicines because the Famine formed its own culling/genocide. Only Robert Peel and the Quakers were in full support for the Irish.

This is a main cause for the "WAR" - "TROUBLES" between Ireland and Britain over any decades.

Ethics, religious beliefs.. "love each other" are dismissed..... why??

• We'll do you a deal

Get rid of your evil regime, stop your belligerent attitude to us and we will withdraw sanctions

Simple,isn't it

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• There should be immediate relaxing of sanctions where products and assistance is a necessity.

This is the one time the Christian ethic can be tested. Jesus would be 100% in favour of supporting Iran.

The strategy for controlling a virus is for everyone to stay in the country where they are now. No one should be allowed to travel. Every country should look to itself to contain the virus.

• The strategy for controlling a virus is for everyone to stay in the country where they are now. No one should be allowed to travel. Every country should look to itself to contain the virus.

Sanctions are not travel of people. Iran is suffering from already imposed sanctions. this is a global crisis.

Just as we assist in major Earthquakes we can do something to assist the Iranian people.

The reply from dickhead Bryanluc is an absolute disgrace. He is plying his hatred of Iran (Islam) because of their condemnation of Homosexuality he conforms and complies with the hatred LGBTQ Queers has for Islam.

• We have our own problems reverse the situation would the Iranians help us.

We are a Christian based country and true Christians will never sit back and watch a country, hammered by sanctions, be destroyed fro want of some help. Jesus would never, ever, ever sit by and allow it. Anyone who thinks he would is not a Christian.

• Nothing to do with being a Christian. Every country looks to itself to prosper. British empire went around the world exploited and murdering people in other countries by force. is that being a good Christians?

• I feel sorry for the Iranian people, but not its government, who only have themselves to blame for the sanctions that have been imposed.

As for donating respirators, we don't even have a sufficient number for our own population. Matt Hancock is desperately trying to procure some more, but we are well short of requirements to deal with this crisis.

The money we are spending on this pandemic in the UK is of eye-watering proportions, and we need to direct that towards our own people before we start thinking about assisting other countries, particularly those that are hostile towards us and formenting discontent and war in other neighbouring countries.

Perhaps if they ceased supporting anti-government forces in Yemen, they would have more money to spend in dealing with this crisis.

• We have our own problems reverse the situation would the Iranians help us.

Yes we would help you. We even send help to the americans when they needed help.

When 911 happened in 2001, Iran stood still in silence and offered help and opened fight against the Taliban.

Iran has one of the best medical systems in the world, on same level as in Europe and better than in USA (in USA you are left to die, when you cant afford healthcare). Our doctors and nurses operate worldwide after desasters.

Beside that you obviously dont see, that this will harm yourself. If Iran doesnt get this under control, neither will you. Iran is the most populated nation in the region.

If Iran establishes itself as hotzone for the Virus, it will become a plaque for mankind, just like the flu.

You will be swapped by yearly new versions of the Virus and have to start fighting it again and again.

As for Yemen, the majority in Yemen is Shia and dont want live under a Saudi terror regime. Maybe tell Saudi Arabia to try to annex Yemen would help either.

This is not a politics game. This about humanity and reasoning. Russia and China want help Iran and we watch closely how the west will behave.

We have no doubt France and Germany will do their best to help us as well.

The strategy for controlling a virus is for everyone to stay in the country where they are now. No one should be allowed to travel. Every country should look to itself to contain the virus.

That is nonsense, a Virus doesnt stopat borders. It can only be defeated if we work together.

Without proper equipment, Iran cant contain the Virus, which also makes all your efforts fruitless

• Britain might need help in the future from Iran. can we rely on Iran?

No country in the world is hit harder from this Virus than Iran and we stand completly alone. Where is WHO? Where is UN?

Or the so called "humaniterian west" who always stand up and say how much they care about human rights.

Why you sanction export of medic products for Iran? How humaniterian is it, when you denie a country basic goods they need to save life.

We have nurses to stand next virus victims and assist their breathing 24 hours a day, because we have not enough equipment

?key=4442216519e05860efeee30b5612a317effa58d686101e53a915e55b1da0a52e-aHR0cDovL2ltZy50ZWJ5YW4ubmV0L2JpZy8xMzg5LzAxLzE3MDE2ODE5MjI4MjIxODExODE4NDE3OTE2OTIwOTIzNzExODI1MTcyMTg0LmpwZw%3D%3D

We lack protective gloves and evrything.

We dont want anything from you. You dont want send help? Good. But at least stop the sanctions on medical equipment, so we have at least a chance.

• And what would Iran do in return, Darioush? The West will not issue a free pass. Iran's actions have consequences. The country either plays by the rules or it is on its own. There have been a lot of last chances, but Iran has only taken advantage of the tolerence of the West.

• And what would Iran do in return, Darioush? The West will not issue a free pass. Iran's actions have consequences. The country either plays by the rules or it is on its own. There have been a lot of last chances, but Iran has only taken advantage of the tolerence of the West.

Is that your western humanity? To ask me what i can do for you, when i fight for my grandmothers life and you could help?

This will fall back on you bad.

• Britain might be in the same situation in 6 months who's going to send us aid? Nobody I guess. We sort ourselves out and every other scrounging twat who comes to our shores. Thats enough. Britain as to look to itself again. Italy is in a bad situation. As a former EU member it would be fair to a member state. You should look to your fellow Muslim brothers and see if they can help.

• Britain might be in the same situation in 6 months who's going to send us aid? Nobody I guess. We sort ourselves out and every other scrounging twat who comes to our shores. Thats enough. Britain as to look to itself again. Italy is in a bad situation. As a former EU member it would be fair to a member state. You should look to your fellow Muslim brothers and see if they can help.

We dont want anything from you. We want you to drop the sanctions on medical equipment. Easy to understand, right?

• Is that your western humanity? To ask me what i can do for you, when i fight for my grandmothers life and you could help?

This will fall back on you bad.

Western humanity? You are trying to play to our weakness now - our emotions.

Don't twist this around. Your country flouted the nuclear agreement, continued to cause problems in the region and hangs its own people from cranes. It is a despicable regime and needs to change its ways.

I know the West isn't perfect, but there really is no comparison with this!

• Western humanity? You are trying to play to our weakness now - our emotions.

Don't twist this around. Your country flouted the nuclear agreement, continued to cause problems in the region and hangs its own people from cranes. It is a despicable regime and needs to change its ways.

I know the West isn't perfect, but there really is no comparison with this!

In crisis which is created by natural phenomenon - Earthquakes - Pandemics - etc great things have been done and solved when we apply the Olive branch. The USA ploughed trillions into Japan and Vietnam.

The British stuck to the Rule of Law as an overall concept to bring about peace with Ireland. The reason Ireland and Britain battled it out, many thousands of deaths, is because Britain did not assist Ireland during the famine. I am not partisan I simply mention historic events.

Very rich and powerful countries should help Iran. Great things can evolve from such a hand of friendship during a crisis of natural biomorphic development.

I am NOT a born again Christian or a religious fanatic but I ask - where do we start with being kind in a crisis??

I totally do my best to live my life according to the Sermon on The Mount ethical and moral message given by Jesus. This is the time - if not when is the time.

• Iran right now is 2nd hardest hit nation after China. In most cases the sickness is rather mild but its a big danger for the elderly or already ill people.

Let's get things into proportion. In 2018 61200 people died of flu. I have listened to several people who have been interviewed on the radio who have had Covid-19 and they say it really isn't that bad. The planet is horribly overpopulated with our specie, so having a virus that gets rid of some old and ill people is a good thing, not a bad one. Just make sure you have enough toilet paper, and you will be OK

Don't make me angry

Getting Iranians to wash their hands is going to be a problem :)

Don't make me angry