What is British?

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • I saw this and thought it was excellent food for thought. Especially in today's society divided by the Culture War.

What do you all think?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• My parents were big tea drinkers but I only drink coffee

But then I don't see myself a British, I am European ^^

• My parents were big tea drinkers but I only drink coffee

But then I don't see myself a British, I am European ^^

I am English, then British and then a citizen of the United Kingdom.

Europe is a continent. Which bit of the continent are you from?

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• I thought the point that was made - that very little is considered British because of its origins - could be carried over to the people that live here, was interesting. It is a British characteristic to drink tea, of that nobody could deny, but that does not make tea British. Similarly just because people have settled here in recent times from other parts of the world and had their families here, they, like tea, are no more British than the tea and never can be. This was a point that the BBC was trying to make to kids via CBBC Horrible Histories. They did a lengthy piece ridiculing Britishness. They were referring to traditions and everyday things we use and take for granted. This little video just takes their own argument and expands their own reasoning to a logical conclusion. I’m sure they would disagree though.

• It generally in my bloodlines. Parents and Grandparents. There also a little bit of Canadian in there on the Ulster side as my father's father was Canadian apparently though I never met him and I've not really been told much about him but he either left when my father was young or died.

Jamiesons and Bells

How dare you both are equally disgusting and can't be classed as whisky. ;) A nice bottle of Glenfarclas 105 should do the trick. I am also a big fan of the Speysides.

https://www.masterofmalt.com/w…s/glenfarclas-105-whisky/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!