Sky TV services changes

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • I'm not a customer, but I was made aware of this earlier tonight, so I'll post it.

Smithsonian Channel is moving from 195 to 160 on the Sky EPG from this Monday (9th).

A quick search suggests this was the former VH1 slot, so this is ViacomCBS shuffling their own services again, like they did recently with Smithsonian and 5Spike on Freeview.

• The long awaited HDR feature will now be rolled out on the latest Sky Q boxes tomorrow (Wednesday) it is anticipated. It will be available on some on demand services, not on live tv.

https://www.tvbeurope.com/medi…ected-to-happen-this-week

Sky is expected to launch content in High Dynamic Range from this Wednesday.

According to ISPReview, the HDR launch will coincide with the debut of the broadcaster’s new channels, Sky Documentaries and Sky Nature.

Sky is expected to introduce HDR using the HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) standard. The vast majority of HDR TVs in use already support HLG, which has been trialled by the BBC on iPlayer, alongside HDR10.

However, the HDR content is not expected to be available for all of Sky’s customers. According to Forbes, the new 1TB and 2TV Sky Q boxes will support HDR, but older Sky Q boxes will not.

It’s also thought HDR will only be available on VoD downloads, not as part of any linear live transmission.

Sky hasn’t officially confirmed the launch, but it also hasn’t denied it.

Protect the vulnerable and get back to work

• I wonder if that includes the new Dplay streamer which is still missing from the firesticks?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I wonder if that includes the new Dplay streamer which is still missing from the firesticks?

That's what I wondered as well.

Protect the vulnerable and get back to work

• I'm getting ahead here, but I just saw the Sky Forum post for changes coming up in August.

Wednesday 5th

NOW 90s (368) moves to EPG number (372)
    Clubland (372) moves to EPG number (373)
    NOW 70s (373) moves to EPG number (368)

So now the NOW channels will be in ascending year order...though not all next to each other, yet.

• Pick HD is closing on Sky tomorrow (4th) , so they aren't even keeping it on their own.

Source: Sky Changes for August thread on official Sky Forums