When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Racism, now that's a strong word. I say it should not exist as a word. Why? The word, human beings, human kind, one kind. One kind that comes in various shades of colours, so what. It's impossible to be racist towards another human being the whole idea is insane. To be prejudice /dislike towards a culture or a religion is a whole different issue. My opinion. :)

• Racism, now that's a strong word. I say it should not exist as a word. Why? The word, human beings, human kind, one kind. One kind that comes in various shades of colours, so what. It's impossible to be racist towards another human being the whole idea is insane. To be prejudice /dislike towards a culture or a religion is a whole different issue. My opinion. :)

I see your point entirely. To have a strong dislike of a different culture, value set and way of life is quite understandable. Disliking somebody simply because they do not look like you is a strange behaviour that I have never understood.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

People hate other people and refuse to own their hatred. I dont look at a persons quality or character from their appearance, especially colour. I am not racist (I also agree racism does not exist) I can not understand the speech of some foreigners who work as Phone Operator sales -customer service reps..thats I a fact I also struggle to understand Geordies doing same job,it is near impossible to understand them.. that is a simple fact and not racist. But some leftie liberals will leap on that and call you a racist.

Edited once, last by mali99 (March 20, 2020 at 2:16 PM).

What you are saying is an ideal that is too far removed from reality. It is the holy grail of sociology.

Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another and that an individual’s social and moral traits are predetermined by his race. That belief exists; so it is not impossible for one human being to be racist to another human being. It happens all the time. All throughout human history. Only now has it been at the forefront because victims have found the chance to push back.

Having racist thoughts doesn’t make you racist outright. Thoughts can be random, passing, intrusive; but holding racist beliefs and then acting on them with malice and intent makes you racist.

Good or bad, the modern day meaning of the term “race” in the context of racism transcends race itself. It now connotes and denotes culture, religion, traditions, mores. They’re all tangled up and interchangeable and you can’t extricate one from another when the subject is about race and racism.

• What you are saying is an ideal that is too far removed from reality. It is the holy grail of sociology.

Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another and that an individual’s social and moral traits are predetermined by his race. That belief exists; so it is not impossible for one human being to be racist to another human being. It happens all the time. All throughout human history. Only now has it been at the forefront because victims have found the chance to push back.

Having racist thoughts doesn’t make you racist outright. Thoughts can be random, passing, intrusive; but holding racist beliefs and then acting on them with malice and intent makes you racist.

Good or bad, the modern day meaning of the term “race” in the context of racism transcends race itself. It now connotes and denotes culture, religion, traditions, mores. They’re all tangled up and interchangeable and you can’t extricate one from another when the subject is about race and racism.

Hence it is racist to state that all white people are racist just because they are white, but it happens all the time.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• I think in my example belief and state are interchangeable.

It's your sentence so you can tell me what its semantics are but I won't interchange the words. I'll re-jig the sentence instead such that:

it is, superficially and by definition, racist to state your belief that white people are racist just because they are white.

To me, however, depending on who is stating it and if you take a nuanced interpretation of it; the sentence becomes an anti-racist lament.

• if you study posts from certain posters they show racism if you need examples - stated and underlying

• I think most people are OK and tolerant when they see a level playing field. For example: I would love anyone on this forum to explain to me... (A) If they believe David Lammy MP is a racist and if he incites racial hatred? If they think he is NOT then why is that? If they think he is then why is it he has never been arrested or warned or had the cops knock on HIS door?

(B) Can a Black person never be a racist - against whites?

(C) Why/how is it possible to simply state - "I favour border control" and be subjected to being called a racist? When saying that is, by any rational deduction, not at all racist?

• I think most people are OK and tolerant when they see a level playing field. For example: I would love anyone on this forum to explain to me... (A) If they believe David Lammy MP is a racist and if he incites racial hatred? If they think he is NOT then why is that? If they think he is then why is it he has never been arrested or warned or had the cops knock on HIS door?

(B) Can a Black person never be a racist - against whites?

(C) Why/how is it possible to simply state - "I favour border control" and be subjected to being called a racist? When saying that is, by any rational deduction, not at all racist?

Is it fair to say to much of something is bad. In the case boarder control, every country has this policy. It is not a racist issue. Besides the point in my opinion I don't recognise the damn word.

• It's your sentence so you can tell me what its semantics are but I won't interchange the words. I'll re-jig the sentence instead such that:

it is, superficially and by definition, racist to state your belief that white people are racist just because they are white.

To me, however, depending on who is stating it and if you take a nuanced interpretation of it; the sentence becomes an anti-racist lament.

humans are of the same race. Therefore the word racist cannot be used to define a different version of a human being we are one of the same. Culture is perhaps a better example I don't like a culture or a religion etc etc. Perhaps racist is a more appropriate word.

• humans are of the same race. Therefore the word racist cannot be used to define a different version of a human being we are one of the same. Culture is perhaps a better example I don't like a culture or a religion etc etc. Perhaps racist is a more appropriate word.

Racism to me is simple

It is commenting on another persons skin colour

• I started a thread "are you a racist" very much the same thing. To be honest, I am pretty much fed up with the entire subject. Definition, a person who considers any race superior than another, or a person who considers a person of another colour or different physical persuasion inferior to their own. That's just stupid, of course there are races superior than others, and to think otherwise is just stupid.

So let's take the literal definition out of it. So who is anyone to tell me who I can and can't dislike. If I choose to dislike people from France, Pakistan, Wales, or Canada, surely that is my choice. Big brother tells me I have to consider everyone equal (which they aren't) and not to say anything negative about anyone different to me. Well bollocks, regardless of what the politically correct snowflake liberal leftie twats say, I am going to continue liking and disliking who I choose. Rant over for now

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!