How Has The Shutdown Changed Your Life

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • I have to say I quite like the social distancing, and will try to keep that up after this is all over, it certainly means for fresher air around my nostrils, as there are some very stinky people around. :D

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• I have to say I quite like the social distancing, and will try to keep that up after this is all over, it certainly means for fresher air around my nostrils, as there are some very stinky people around. :D

No reason for that these days, plentiful showers and deodorants

In the good old days it was a weekly bath, if you were lucky and talcum powder

• I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina. We've been in lock-down for nearly three weeks and it's taking a big toll on our income, as for so many other people.

I fix and build computers, so that's not possible, but fortunately my wife is an accountant, so she always has work fighting off the taxman for her clients, some of whom are still paying her.

I also do motorcycle courier work and was able to get an exemption certificate, so that when stopped by the police I can show it to them and not get hauled away to a police cell which they have the right to do, no questions asked.

Talking of which, random police checks are a common sight here here anyway, not forgetting that they're armed too with very large calibre weapons. However I have developed techniques for avoiding those over the years. I know that in the UK, random police checkpoints are a new and unfamiliar sight for most people. We should all hope that the state doesn't get used to the control that it now has.

I'm also repainting the house to keep me out of mischief.

• I know that in the UK, random police checkpoints are a new and unfamiliar sight for most people. We should all hope that the state doesn't get used to the control that it now has.

Thankfully we haven't quite got to that level yet. Just the normal police stops, vehicles pulled at random and police on foot walking around parks etc. Nothing out of the norm. If there where to ever be checkpoints like you talk about I would guess that would be at the point where the Army get called in and it would be like a Northern Ireland type situation. For that to happen on UK soil outside of Northern Ireland would take extreme measures. It would never happen and I think it may even start a riot because many folk wont accept that level control and restriction on our freedom of movement. Were are not even required to carry any form of identity. Right now they have people on a voluntary lockdown of sorts. Give us the reason why, tell us that's what we should be doing and that's what they want us to do and the majority accept that. It's not a martial law type scenario. If they where to introduce a martial law type scenario it would cause more problems than what it's worth.

• The general public has been asked to report on anybody they see breaking this lockdown

Here where there are many many holiday properties/second homes the LA has set up a hotline for people to report those that are being used either by their owners or holidaymakers

They have been inundated with calls

• The general public has been asked to report on anybody they see breaking this lockdown

Here where there are many many holiday properties/second homes the LA has set up a hotline for people to report those that are being used either by their owners or holidaymakers

They have been inundated with calls

LOL. I live in a holiday area with the biggest concentration of static caravans in Europe. The majority are 10 month a year. So people sell their houses, bank the equity, buy a static, live in it for 10 months a year, and go to Spain for two months. It's actually not a bad plan, but it is a very big strain on the services, because these people are not registered as living in the area. Many of these are now being told to get out, and I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for them, sod it ^^

White lives matter

• Bibbles

For the avoidance of any doubt, this thread is about the lockdown not eugenics and as you created this thread, you should know that. I've just spent 60+mins going through this thread and have now moved the hundreds of eugenics posts to your eugenics thread here:

EUGENICS

Please stay on topic and keep ALL matters relating to eugenics within your eugenics thread. Thank you.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• That was Bryan's fault

White lives matter

• That was Bryan's fault

No, it was your fault. You started talking about eugenics here.

Now, back on topic please.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• here in Iran it had a funny effect in the way that more rural areas which are normally looked down by people from Tehran suddenly became en vogue. In rural areas was no corona crisis. People kept distance and beside that all was good. In big metropolitian regions like Tehran the lockdown was much harsher. Also public transport pretty much got snubbed. People prefer own car to keep distance.

• here in Iran it had a funny effect in the way that more rural areas which are normally looked down by people from Tehran suddenly became en vogue. In rural areas was no corona crisis. People kept distance and beside that all was good. In big metropolitian regions like Tehran the lockdown was much harsher. Also public transport pretty much got snubbed. People prefer own car to keep distance.

That appears more sensible to me. I live in the country but have the same rules to abide by. It is very strange over here. The supermarkets are open, but garden centres are not. We are throwing away millions of plants. We can go for a walk, but we can't go for a walk and hit a golf ball. Today we will see it extended, many think this is the right thing to do, I don't. I believe there should be restrictions, but some should be eased off now

White lives matter