Foreign Office Extends Doctors Visas - So It Turns Out We Need Those Foreigners After All

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • https://www.indy100.com/article/corona…obox=1585682127

Priti Patel:

"Doctors, nurses and paramedics from all over the world are playing a leading role in the NHS’s efforts to tackle coronavirus and save lives. We owe them a great deal of gratitude for all that they do. I don’t want them distracted by the visa process. That is why I have automatically extended their visas – free of charge – for a further year "

Sorry, what was that, Madam Home Secretary....? Could you repeat that for us....? Would you mind not gritting your teeth while you repeat yourself for our benefit. It's difficult to believe our ears the first time of hearing.

Are you saying now that we NEED foreigners...? But I thought we were going to beat Coronavirus with nothing more than good old British pluck and the Dunkirk Spirit......??

When those 10'000 or so who have already left the NHS went, all the Brexiters said that all we had to do was train more British doctors and nurses, you know... overnight.... that it wouldn't take seven years to train a doctor, and all that rubbish the bleeding heart libtards kept saying would be necessary.

Home Office till 31 March 2020:

“Go home!"
    "Hostile environment!"
    “Control immigration!”
    “Take back control of our borders!”
    “Clamp down on immigrants!"

1 April 2020:

“Stay! Stay!”

https://t.co/2dhj7RbOBh

• These men have given their lives to save our citizens.

How about a round of applause for them, Brexiters....??

foreign-doctors.jpg

I'm not holding my breath.

foreign-doctors.jpg

Don't be silly

Those victims are not white !

• And perhaps one or more of them may have been...... shock horror...... A MUSLIM....!!! Arrrgghhhhhhhh..

How dare any Muslim give his life trying to save British people from dying. We don't want his sort saving British people from the virus.

Only good old, salt of the earth British tommies are allowed to make "the ultimate sacrifice" tm

But as usual, when I post something they have no pre-prepared response for ...... that the usual EDL agenda can't challenge.... they go very quiet.

I'm quite sure they've emailed SY-L's spin doctors for a response and will post it as soon as they get something by reply.

• And perhaps one or more of them may have been...... shock horror...... A MUSLIM....!!! Arrrgghhhhhhhh..

How dare any Muslim give his life trying to save British people from dying. We don't want his sort saving British people from the virus.

Only good old, salt of the earth British tommies are allowed to make "the ultimate sacrifice" tm

But as usual, when I post something they have no pre-prepared response for ...... that the usual EDL agenda can't challenge.... they go very quiet.

I'm quite sure they've emailed SY-L's spin doctors for a response and will post it as soon as they get something by reply.

They are desperately googling to find something to copy and paste :)

• Let's not get carried away. Madame Patel; yes, the odious, repulsive one says "for a further year." I wonder what she will do to these foreigners if this massive problem of coronavirus gets sorted out somehow in less than a year.

foreign-doctors.jpg

Of course we applaud these doctors. And just to clarify, the points based system will enable doctors to immigrate into this country.

The Brexiteer debate on immigration is based on the numbers this country can sustain.

Apart from the rabid UKIP types, most Brexiteers have nothing against immigrants per se. It's just that there are too many of them, which is detrimental to this country and the native inhabitants. If the number was balanced with the number emigrating, there would not be an issue.

• So they claim

And remembering the rhetoric of the Brexit campaign, one can only think that the Brexiters sudden and unexpected desire for foreign medical professionals to stay here is motivated more by self interest than any genuine change of heart.

The truth is, I suspect, that the sudden 180 degree about turn in attitude towards foreign medical professionals is entirely due to our dependence on them to save our wretched skins since this this completely unforeseen pile of shit hit the fan. After Coronavirus can we expect the magnanimity to last...? Time will tell.

Let's return to this thread this time next year to see what the usual suspects are saying about foreigners after the No Deal that Boris Johnson gets.

• Let's return to this thread this time next year to see what the usual suspects are saying about foreigners after the No Deal that Boris Johnson gets.

I'm not optimistic, you only have to look at Johnsons and Pritti Vacants previous comments

• So they claim

You are referring to the ardent far right UKIPPERS. We all know there were a lot of racists amongst UKIP supporters. That doesn't mean that all Brexiteers were racists, any more than there's any truth in saying that all Labour supporters are communists and anarchists.

I am sure that in your heart of hearts you can see that unlimited immigration would do untold damage to this country, given that too few are leaving. All that most Brexiteers want is the ability to control it, not to stop it altogether, as some like to claim.

• You are referring to the ardent far right UKIPPERS. We all know there were a lot of racists amongst UKIP supporters. That doesn't mean that all Brexiteers were racists, any more than there's any truth in saying that all Labour supporters are communists and anarchists.

I am sure that in your heart of hearts you can see that unlimited immigration would do untold damage to this country, given that too few are leaving. All that most Brexiteers want is the ability to control it, not to stop it altogether, as some like to claim.

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/factsheets/en/…igration-policy

The problem is, that the wrong people were blamed for the mass immigration of the noughties.

The EU implemented freedom of movement but individual countries still had the right to impose restrictions on third nation migration. In regard to EU nationals coming to UK, Britain benefited massively from that influx and the vast, overwhelming majority of them only came here temporarily anyway.

It cannot be emphasised enough the majority of migration into UK came from outside the UK. And it is likely to continue in that manner when countries like India demand relaxation of visa and entry rules as a condition of any trade deal. A great deal more migrants are going to come to UK from the sub-continent as a result of Brexit and I doubt very many of those will be the high-end professional types that we would want.

The doors were flung wide open by the Blair government when they didn't need to be. We could have protected our borders better. When the Conservatives came to power they could have changed government policy to stem the flow but didn't. Perhaps it didn't fit their agenda of blaming the EU for everything. Instead they plumped for the populist and toxic "Hostile Environment" Plan in order to look "Tough on immigration" to voters.

And admit it...... Tory voters of every stripe sucked it up. And loved it.

"Twelve million Turks ready to come here" ran the headline. I bet you even believed the shtick that Turkey was going to join the EU "imminently" when their application had already been refused for more than ten years and STILL hasn't been approved yet. You really believed that shit. Gullible doesn't begin to come anywhere close to covering it.

The EU's immigration policy is fair and reasonable and carries plenty of scope for restricting third nation migration.

Mass migration was started by Labour, and continued by the Conservatives.

You were happy to blame the wrong people.

• I see no connection between foreigners working here and the implied accusation they are stopped from coming to UK? Please will someone explain?

It seems to me the aforesaid posters are injecting anti Tory anti EU form a left wing perspective with the recent election results at fault. Please elaborate.

• "How about a round of applause for them" ?

Why? It is OK to hold ones appreciation within ones own mind and heart.

What say we have another "Ice bucket" hypnotic following?

• For those opposed to immigration here are a couple of doctors who would not be working for the NHS in a hospital at this time when they are so needed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-cornwall-52181433/coronavirus-the-father-and-son-doctors-fighting-covid-19

• For those opposed to immigration here are a couple of doctors who would not be working for the NHS in a hospital at this time when they are so needed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-cornwall-52181433/coronavirus-the-father-and-son-doctors-fighting-covid-19

As you well know, Bryan, there will be no restrictions on doctors coming into the country.

Brexit means we control immigration, not prevent it.

• As you well know, Bryan, there will be no restrictions on doctors coming into the country.

Brexit means we control immigration, not prevent it.

If you read the article the father came here when immigration for those of colour was very unwelcome before even hard line racists realised that the NHS needed medics of any colour

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!