India China border dispute.

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • This could be very serious as both are nuclear powers.

• This could be very serious as both are nuclear powers.

They have these clashes from time to time, so in that sense this is nothing unusual, but set against China's actions in the South China Sea, its expansionism elsewhere, the new Hong Kong law and the virus, there could be the possibility that this might explode.

At the moment, these are all separate matters, but I have a feeling that all of these things will come together at some point in the future, if and when the West decide to stand up against China.

Note: China is Pakistan's biggest arm's supplier... so there is lots of potential for a very serious regional conflict involving several countries.

• Chinese troops ‘mutilated’ corpses of 20 Indian soldiers with gruesome nail-studded clubs after hand to hand slaughter

Ok, well after reading this article in today's Sun, I'm going to take back some of my comments from yesterday.

Firstly, according to the article, China has been deploying thousands of troops and equipment to the Indian border for months which the Chinese say is in response to a Indian build up of forces on their side of the border. But, secondly the violence used in this clash was barbaric and the Indians have called the Chinese troops responsible a death squad, which they may well be.

With the virus causing widespread tensions and a ultra nationalist in charge in both India and China, this could actually explode into something nasty.

You'd think that with the virus causing widespread death and disruption around the world, that the Chinese regime would "lay low" for a while, instead they are doing the exact opposite. From threatnening neighbours in the South China Sea to trying to get that new Hong Kong law passed, the Chinese regime seems emboldened by the virus, not cowering. Almost as if they have planned for these events for a long time...

• Seems saner heads have prevailed for the moment.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!