A look at the BT Sport £330,000 8K TV camera- currently the only one in Europe.

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • And what's the resolution of our eyes watching it. :P This is a bit like the audio sample rate argument. Anything over 96 KHz is pointless IMO but many would argue that anything more than CD at 44 KHz is pointless. With visuals I don't think we need anything beyond HD 1920 x1080, possibly 4K for nature programmes but I think the content and quality of the colour grading is of more importance. It's getting silly now and all it does is increase the costs and the filesizes so we need more bandwidth and therefore more power. They will expect everyone to go and buy a new TV now LOL I thought that 8K had been out for while. Wasn't the Red the first camera to get it.

• And what's the resolution of our eyes watching it. :P This is a bit like the audio sample rate argument. Anything over 96 KHz is pointless IMO but many would argue that anything more than CD at 44 KHz is pointless. With visuals I don't think we need anything beyond HD 1920 x1080, possibly 4K for nature programmes but I think the content and quality of the colour grading is of more importance. It's getting silly now and all it does is increase the costs and the filesizes so we need more bandwidth and therefore more power. They will expect everyone to go and buy a new TV now LOL I thought that 8K had been out for while. Wasn't the Red the first camera to get it.

Apparently, our eyes aren't capable of appreciating anything above 8k.

If TV manufacturers want to go beyond 8K, they will have to sell a double deal of eye modification along with the TV set!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!