Virgin Media TV changes

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I don't think Richard has TV360. It's pretty much the same as Bookmarking on Tivo though isn't it?

I have a V6, but prefer to record programmes than use on demand as there's no guarantee as to how long things will be available, you can't use QuickView and there's no guarantee that subtitles will be available.

• The following channel has closed.

ITV Audio Description Ch853

There is an information slate/audio loop on Ch 853 that tells you about the change and how to enable Audio Description on Ch103.

ITV AD is now gone. VM are clearly definitely closing all the separate Audio Description channels since this is another broadcaster.

3 down, 3 to go.

I'm guessing they are deliberately doing them 1 or 2 at a time so not to pull the rug all at once.

• The following channels have been added to the legacy Mix package according to epsilon on Digital Spy.

182. Comedy Central Extra
    250. Discovery Channel HD
    251. Animal Planet HD
    252. Discovery Science
    256. Discovery Turbo
    257. Discovery History
    258. Discovery Channel +1
    259. Animal Planet +1
    260. Discovery Science +1
    261. Discovery History +1
    265. Nat Geo WILD HD
    266. National Geographic
    272. Sky History 2 HD
    335. The Box
    342. Kerrang

This basically means VM are upgrading Mix customers to the Fun tier, simplifying their legacy tiers.

Last time they did this (as I recall) M+ customers got upgraded to Fun.

• I was told a wee while after I posted this, elsewhere, that actually, despite what it looks like, Mix is the pack that is remaining.

And now I've seen proof, VM are informing Fun TV Tier customers that their tier is old and they are being moved to Mix, but there will be no changes other than name.

I'm guessing there are more Mix customers than Fun, so they decided it was easier to make tell Fun customers they were being moved, even though their TV channel lineup isn't the one that's changing, Mix customers are the ones that are getting the lineup change.

• Media Boy is saying 4 UKTV channels are going HD-only on 30th June. UKTV On-Demand is HD already so this is a bonus.

Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post Changes to some UKTV channels on the 30th June:
    125. W (SD) to close on Virgin.
    126. Alibi (SD) to close on Virgin.
    127. Dave (SD) to close on Virgin.
    211. W HD to move to Virgin Channel 125
    212. Alibi HD to move to Virgin Channel 126
    227. Dave HD to move to Virgin Channel 127
    245. Eden (SD) to close on Virgin.
    247. Eden HD to move to Virgin Channel 245
  • MB also said this on Cable Forum:

LaLigaTV - Channel 554 will be removed from VM's Premier Sports add-on from July 1st. La Liga games will still be shown on Premier Sports 1 HD (551) and Premier Sports 2 HD (552).

Changes to CBS channels on the 30th June:

149. Horror Channel is being replaced by Legend.

192. CBS Justice will become HorrorXtra,

197. CBS Drama will be replaced by RealityXtra.

202. Horror Ch +1 will become HorrorXtra +1.

• That whole CBS channel thing is a mess. I'm awaiting official confirmation rather than Digiguide listings.

• Looks like they're changing the packs anyway Richard, unless I'm misreading the situation. Essentially, it looks like they're just heading towards one pack.

• Ah, I really should read posts properly.... :whistling: :

And now I've seen proof, VM are informing Fun TV Tier customers that their tier is old and they are being moved to Mix, but there will be no changes other than name.

So yes Richard, a change in tv packs.

• Will this mean that those on the lower packs will now get the HD versions instead, or will they lose these channels?

I don't know this for certain, but given that Mix customers have just been given the Fun tier channels (as per earlier posts) and Fun customers have been written to to say they are being moved to Mix with no changes to channels or price, I'm going to say it's pretty much definite they won't lose them.

Also, they are hardly going to remove the SD versions of FTA channels i.e. W and Dave leaving those on the base tiers with no version.

• Looking at VM's website and I've no idea how long this has been going, but they seem to list the following as tv bundles now:

Entertainment

Sky Showcase, Sky Witness, Sky Witness + 1, GOLD HD, GOLD + 1, Comedy Central , Comedy Central HD, Comedy Central + 1, ITV 2 HD, ITV 3 HD, ITV 4 HD, ITV BE HD, E4 HD, Dave HD, More 4 HD, Film 4 HD

Documentaries

History, History + 1, History HD, Crime & Investigation, Crime & Investigation +1, Crime & Investigation HD, Discovery , Discovery + 1, Discovery HD, Sky Arts, Animal Planet, Animal Planet + 1, Animal Planet HD, Discovery History, Discovery History + 1, Discovery Science, Discovery Science + 1, H2, H2 HD, DMAX, DMAX + 1, Eden, Eden + 1 , Eden HD, National Geographic , National Geographic + 1, National Geographic HD, Nat Geo Wild, Nat Geo Wild HD, Discovery Shed, Discovery Turbo , I.D, I.D +1, Love Nature, Love Nature HD

Drama

Watch , Watch +1, Watch HD, Alibi, Alibi + 1, Alibi HD, Universal, Universal + 1, Syfy, SyFy +1, TCM, TCM + 1, TCM HD, Sky 2, Movies 24, Movies 24 + 1

Lifestyle

TLC, TLC + 1 , TLC HD, E!, Good Food, Good Food + 1 , Good Food HD, Lifetime, Lifetime + 1, Lifetime HD, Real Lives, Real Lives + 1, Comedy Central extra , Discovery Home and health , Discovery Home and health + 1 , MTV, MTV HD, MTV Live HD, MTV Music, MTV Hits, MTV Base, MTV Dance, MTV Rocks, MTV OMG, Club MTV, VH1, Box upfront , The Box, Box Hits, Kiss, Magic, Kerrang!

Sport Lite

Sky Sports News , Sky Sports Mix , Eurosport 1, Eurosport 1 HD, Eurosport 2, Eurosport 2 HD

BT Sport Collection

BT Sport 1 HD, BT Sport 2 HD, BT Sport 3 HD, BT Sport ESPN HD, BT Sport Ultimate

Standard Channels

4Music, 4Seven, 4SevenHD, 5 USA, 5 USA +1, 5Select, 5STAR, 5STAR +1, Al Jazeera Arabic, Al Jazeera English, B4U Music, BBC ALBA, BBC FOUR HD, BBC NEWS HD, BBC ONE, BBC ONE HD, BBC Parliament, BBC Scotland HD, BBC TWO HD, BET, Blaze, Bloomberg HD, CBBC HD, CBeebies HD, CBS Drama, CBS Justice, CBS Reality, CBS Reality +1, Challenge, Channel 4, Channel 4 +1, Channel 4 HD, Channel 5, Channel 5 HD, Channel 5+1, CITV, Clubland TV, CNBC, CNN International, Create & Craft, Dave, Dave ja vu, Drama, Drama +1, E4, E4 +1, euronews, Film4, Film4 +1, Food Network, Forces TV, France 24 English HD, Freesports HD, Gems TV, Get Moving - Pop Up, God Channel, HGTV, HGTV +1, horror channel, horror channel +1, HUM EUROPE, Ideal World, Islam Channel English, Islam Channel Urdu, ITV, ITV +1, ITV HD, ITV2, ITV2 +1, ITV3, ITV3 +1, ITV4, ITV4 +1, ITVBe, ITVBe +1, Jewellery Maker, Local TV, More 4, More 4 +1, NDTV 24x7, NDTV India, NHK World-Japan, Now 70s, NOW 80s, NOW 90s, Paramount Network, Paramount Network HD, PBS America, Pick, POP, Quest +1, Quest HD, Quest Red, QVC, QVC Beauty, QVC Style, Really, S4C HD, Sky Arts, Sky News, Sky Sports Racing HD, Smithsonian Channel, Sony Channel, Sony Movies, Sony Movies Action, Sony Movies Classic, Talking Pictures, Tiny Pop, TJC HD, Together, YESTERDAY, YESTERDAY +1

• It's not too hard to imagine that the standard channels (aka Freeview) pack will largely remain the same over the coming years, but the other packs will probably go and VM will package streamers instead. They already do with Netflix.

• It's not too hard to imagine that the standard channels (aka Freeview) pack will largely remain the same over the coming years, but the other packs will probably go and VM will package streamers instead. They already do with Netflix.

The first 5 of those are Personal Picks. Missing is the Kids Personal Pick.

VM have had two tiers for a while now. Mixit and Maxit.

The Personal Picks are optional paid bolt-ons to Mixit, which otherwise only contains the Standard channels. Maxit contains all Personal Picks except Kids, which is still a bolt-on.

• Blimey. VM are the masters of taking something simple and making it complicated.

I didn't see any mention at all of Mixit or Maxit packs, but I'll look again.

• I didn't see any mention at all of Mixit or Maxit packs, but I'll look again

We used to be on XL TV but recently they changed it to Maxit and also upped our BB to 500Mbs for the same price. Can't use the full download speed as the router, switches and PCs are only 100T but the improved upload is handy.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• I was originally on XL, then downgraded to L and who knows what it is now, but I've looked again on VM's website and as far as new customers go, the mixit and maxit packs are nowhere to be seen.

• I was originally on XL, then downgraded to L and who knows what it is now, but I've looked again on VM's website and as far as new customers go, the mixit and maxit packs are nowhere to be seen.

Even when VM introduced them they complicated matters by using bundle names and then not using those tier names for the TV part. I suspect they rolled back usage when existing customers got mixed up between Mix and Mixit when looking for a new deal. Advisors would mention Mixit, existing customers thought they would have same channels in their new bundle, only then to find they were on the base pack of channels and needed to add Personal Picks to get the channels they wanted back.

I don't think many of the advisors realised they were downgrading customers when offering certain bundles because of the similarity in TV tier names.

Here is the latest V6 TV Channel Guide. It's from April so doesn't have the change made to Mix.

Virgin TV Channel guide
    You don’t need us to tell you that there’s tons of top telly to enjoy on Virgin TV, with dazzling dramas, must-watch movies and sensational sport to feast on.
    www.virginmedia.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!