Spitting Image returns

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Link has additional information and several pictures. Original creator Roger Law heads up the production team.

Loved the original but as we don't intend to subscribe to Britbox I hope it comes to Youtube or other source in due time.

• Love those puppets, how do they manage to capture the worst of people but make them instantly recognisable

To those of us of a certain age and read the Eagle will remember Dan Dare and his battles with the Mekon who looks to have been reincarnated as Dominic Cummings

• Spitting Image’s new puppets are looking Greta than ever.

Swedish eco-campaigner Greta Thunberg, 17, appears in the new BritBox show, which starts this month.

And Home Secretary Priti Patel is portrayed as a vampire.

Others set to feature in the revived satirical series include Michael Gove, Prince Andrew and Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

The satire show is making a comeback exclusively on streaming service BritBox and this time it’s going international with Brad Pitt, Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping puppets all lined-up to make an appearance.

Follow link above for pictures of those puppets and additional ones.

Wasn't Keith Joseph a vampire in the original series?:/

• Official trailer now released:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The previous series of Spitting Image was spoiled by the blatant lampooning of any characters from the centrist and centre right groups leaving the centre lefties, ultra lefties and commies alone.. I sincerely hope that this series will be equally scathing right across the political spectrum.

The Voice of Reason

• Rather disappointing: Where was the pace? The Boris and alien Cummings had done all the gags in the first minute and should have finished then.

The final Mary Poppins ( Me neither ) sketch, I did wonder what that was about.

Highlights: Prince Andrew getting whacked in the back of his head by a bit of 2x4 and Priti Patel as a BDSM mistress with Gove as the client.

"C" Must try harder.

• I've not seen it either but have seen S/Image trailers on TV. If that's the best they can do, I have no desire to watch the full programme. I though it was garbage and not a bit like the original of many years ago which was new and exciting. It might suit some, but I won't waste my time watching this re-hashed version.

The Voice of Reason

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!