Illegal Immigrants in the Channel

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • As the good weather and lax French authorities encourage more illegals to take to boats to get to their destination of choice, our Priti Patel decided to go to war with Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream over their Tweets.

Not entirely sure why a US Ice Cream Company would get involved in illegal immigrant traffic in Europe but here we are in strange times.

Ben and Jerry's now expunged from the shopping list - probably do me good.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53741180

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• I'm quite sure the last thing on this bloke's mind was taking some British worker's job.

And of course, none of the Tory papers reported this bloke rescuing the kid from the English Channel.

migrant.jpg

(how long before somebody here says "if he wasn't trying to come here illegally, it wouldn't have happened." A typical heartless, totally-lacking-empathy-or-compassion, Tory thing to say.)

• France is a perfectly safe place to claim asylum. This bloke is reckless in endangering his off spring in trying to get the UK to milk out soft system.

• The Daily Mail doesn't change its spots, does it...?

It's continual ranting tirades against migrants have been going on for nearly a century now.

This newspaper clipping is from 1938, when the paper persecuted Jews fleeing Germany and seeking asylum in Britain.

Same Daily Mail then. Same Daily Mail now. And shamefully, the same sort of people that supported them then, support them now.

German-Jews-2.jpg

(post #2)

(how long before somebody here says "if he wasn't trying to come here illegally, it wouldn't have happened." A typical heartless, totally-lacking-empathy-or-compassion, Tory thing to say.)

Within the hour

(post #3)

This bloke is reckless in endangering his off spring in trying to get the UK to milk out soft system.

You really are the most vile people. Utterly without feeling or any sort of human capacity for compassion. I pity you and I fear for your children who will possibly grow up as lacking in humanity, with such people for parents.

You truly are the emptiest of vessels.

• "if he wasn't trying to come here illegally, it wouldn't have happened." France is a perfectly safe country as would most of the countries he passed through to arrive in France. Just because the UK is a soft touch, doesn't warrant the flood of immigrants trying to enter the UK illegally by paying people smugglers to ship them over here. Much safer to settle much closer to their countries of origin.

The Voice of Reason

• I think it needs to be made abundantly clear that if you edge up on the shores of Old Blighty after crossing the channel that you have no claim for asylum. There will be no money, no houses, no job, nothing but a ticket out of the UK to a destination of your choice.

• Jenny

Why do you and the MSM refer to these people as “Migrants”. They are not migrants they are Illegal Immigrants. It’s not the same thing, not at all.

Nobody with any sense in their head is falling for it.

Maybe if I rocked up on the coast of the USA and had to be rescued by the coastguard they would let me stay and give me a house and money. Some might say why didn’t you stop at Ireland that was the nearest safe country rather than risking life and limb crossing the Atlantic in a dingy. I would respond by saying that USA was my destination of choice and I spoke the language. Do you think that would be OK?

Come to think of it give it another few years and that might be something we native Brits will have to consider.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Why do you and the MSM refer to these people as “Migrants”. They are not migrants they are Illegal Immigrants. It’s not the same thing, not at all.

Quite right and that's a very important distinction. If they where genuine migrants fleeing from the threat of death they could do that via official methods and nobody would have any quarrels with them. I don't blame the immigrants though, I blame the gov for being such a soft touch. What Heero says above about making it clear that we are not a soft touch is what is needed and we need to be sending them packing when they get here to get the message out to prevent others following.

It's time to get harsh and put them in their place. They are like a leaking tap and that leak needs fixing because we are flooding and the ship is sinking. Stick them on a plane and send them to a camp in Syria or wherever else they have came from. They can also be processed over there to determine if they are genuine migrants claiming political asylum or immigrant chancers. At the same time we need to do something with the Eastern Europeans coming here. They shouldn't be allowed to work until they become a British citizen, that includes those that work for a foreign company that have a business over here so no internal transfers. I once worked in a place over here where I was in the minority as a Brit and the rest of the staff where Polish and they all mostly spoke in Polish to each other and favoured employing other Polish (their mates) and I was outcast so ended up leaving. So I have first hand experience of A) how difficult it is to get a job here and B) How difficult it is to keep that job and feel comfortable in a working environment where you feel at home and have something in common with others you work with.

The immigrants need to rebuild their own country after allowing it to get to the state it was in where we had to step in. We can help them rebuild there instead of them coming here to steal off our plates. If we are not careful and don't stand up to them then we are in danger of ending up in the same dictatorial state they ended up in. There will be a war here then instead of over there. Will they help us rebuild then or flee to the next country giving out hand out's at the sacrifice of those in the country they flee too. It wont be a war with another country saving us, it will either be an internal civil war amongst ourselves or the immigrants will end up fighting each other with us stuck in the middle. They may even directly attack us when a few extremist rogues slip in and start recruiting and with the rivalry between us and them it wont be difficult to recruit. Sympathisers like Jenny can go out to Syria with them and volunteer to lay mud bricks to help rebuild their houses and get some veg gardens going. Quite a nice opportunity actually. I wouldn't mind doing that myself for a couple of years as long as it costs me nothing and my food and board is paid for by the UK gov or UN or whatever and I have some form of Internet access to communicate back home I would be more than happy to help.

• migrant.jpg

I'm quite sure the last thing on this bloke's mind was taking some British worker's job.

And of course, none of the Tory papers reported this bloke rescuing the kid from the English Channel.

How long before somebody here says "if he wasn't trying to come here illegally, it wouldn't have happened." A typical heartless, totally-lacking-empathy-or-compassion, Tory thing to say.)

Seriously, who care's what's on their mind? Besides, I’ve seen enough interviews with them to know what’s on their simple or devious minds. I agree, the last thing in the minds of any of these dinghy immigrants is taking British jobs. More simply, their preoccupation is "me, myself and I"

You comment that Tory newspapers have chosen not to report on this act of touching heroism. But why should the Tory media make a hero out of someone exercising a natural instinct? Also, was it really a natural heroic instinct? After all, the photograph’s definition shows he is near enough to the camera to be sure of being rescued. And it's a nice warm day for a swim!. Who knows, perhaps what's on his mind is that he'll have a better chance of staying in Britain with a live kid than a dead one; not to mention a child allowance, which is tricky if they’re dead. So he's asking “is the Guardian newspaper or Channel 4 News camera rolling?” …. “Okay, let's chuck the kid in, then I dive in and be the hero, and get myself interviewed by Krishnan Murthy, that will be worth a £100, plus being able staying in The Land of Milk & Honey …… and money”.

I’m more than happy to fulfil your prediction by being that somebody who says "if he wasn't trying to come here illegally, it wouldn't have happened". Although, as I’ve said, I don’t think “it” is what you think it is. Ultimately though, I don't care whether he comes here on a dinghy legally or illegally, with or without a rescued child; I simply wish he wouldn't come. We don’t have the room. Do you personally want them to camp in your garden? How many? The more the merrier? If not your garden, then whose? Everyones? Whose towns? Whose regions? *

Let me also be the first to say (rather than just think): will there ever be a lefty Useful Idiot who can refrain from wearing compassion and empathy on their sleeve and turning a blind eye - or blank mind - to the fact that most of the ever-procreating human flotsam South of the equator - or in much of the Middle East - having already dumped on their own doorstep, want to move their sorry arses to the North equator and do the same.

Have you heard of the probem of getting a quart into a pint pot? Do you have anything useful or at least sane to say about that?

* In a schadenfreude-ish way I do so wish they'd all land on the shores of Cornwall.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!