Brexit's Going Really Well, Isn't It..?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Tories will say whatever

Correction....politicians will say whatever. This is not party battle and Labour would do exactly the same. The problem we have is the system and how politics works. We need a revolution. The whole system needs stripping apart and rebuilt from the foundations up.

• 2018 - Brexit Fantasy .................................................... 2021 - Brexit Reality

Brexit-bonus.jpg

Tories will say whatever will placate the believers in the moment. Whatever you want to hear, they'll tell you. More fool you for believing them.

Did you actually read the link, Jenny?

That article was critical of the claim made by the Brexiteers because obviously they quoted the gross saving rather than the net saving, but then it goes on to say:

'So the claim about money going to the EU was never correct. But the Government has nonetheless found extra funding for the NHS. And it comes to more than the £350m a week, or £18.2 billion a year, that was promised.

It’s introduced legislation placing a legal duty on the Government to guarantee a minimum level of spending every year, rising to £148.5 billion by 2023/24. This is an increase of £33.9 billion a year compared to today.'

So yet again, you are wrong and your desperate attempts to claim that Brexit was the biggest mistake are beginning to fall on stoney ground.

You will, of course, continue to find stories in the media about something that has gone wrong or not materialised, but those stories will start to dry up in time as the advantages of Brexit start to shine through. Make the most of it, Jenny, but please try to get your facts right.

• Can we have a rule against being boring and repetitive, as well as long winded walls of text and copy and pasting from other forums. 🤣

What's the matter...? Does information that you don't like challenge your attention span...?

Or is it just a case of......

Jack Nicholson You Cant Handle The Truth GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
    Discover & share this Jack Nicholson GIF with everyone you know. GIPHY is how you search, share, discover, and create GIFs.
    giphy.com

You know when your message is hitting the mark when they try to silence you

Begging the site owner to ban messages that tell the truth is a mark of desperation.

• Not falling on stony ground at all. Oh, for sure, I'll never convince you because you're a disciple, but we're getting our message over to a lot of people.

You see......... the message on the bus was always intended to get attention. The finer points of the issue, such as the fact that Britain never did send £350 million a week to the EU was never meant to be a part of the discussion. The toady press made sure of that. It was meant to have immediate impact. Just like the three word slogans. No substance, no detail, no attention paid to the finer point of the debate..... just keep repeating the slogan over and over and over. That was what made it so effective.

And we've learned that.

And so we keep using your own message and hammering it, especially now that the tories are raising taxes to pay for Social Care. Oh, not in a way that affects the rich. Only the poor will pay.

Are my posts irritating you...? Clearly you don't like them.. Would you like Horizon to ban me or block me from posting this stuff...? Ron Manager would. But the irritating thing about the truth is that it comes out in the end. And once the people of Britain start to realise that they've been had (and that realisation is starting to grow), disillusionment will start to set in.

The sort of message posted below is starting to make an impression.

I'm not alone, you know. There are a lot of us and we're not going to stop.

Ever.

brexit-lies.jpg

• Er, Jenny, could you just hold on a minute?

You said:

So..... what's happened to that £350 million a week (which we all knew - and said at the time - wasn't actually £350 million so that was yet another Brexit lie, but be that as it may), the Brexiters said would go to the NHS...? They promised £350 million a week to the NHS. So...... where is it...?

I responded:

Already done, Jenny. Do keep up!

You then said:

Tories will say whatever will placate the believers in the moment. Whatever you want to hear, they'll tell you. More fool you for believing them.

And so it went on. You are making claims, not looking at the responses that prove you wrong, and then making the same claims again.

You are just trotting out rubbish and then covering your eyes and putting your fingers in your ears because you don’t want to know the actual truth.

And you wonder why some on here don’t bother to read your posts any more.

Just to remind you - the NHS reimbursement is already being made. That is the truth.

• I agree . The UK Population hating Remoaners amongst us are diminishing by the week. Soon they will disappear.

They have lost every vote, lost every argument. All they have is their own carcase to gnaw upon.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Who would’ve thought it Michel Barnier the EU’s chief Brexit negotiator has become a Eurosceptic.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Better late than never...

Maybe he will be batting for the French in their Frexit negotiations with the EU?

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Barnier Calls For A Referendum On Immigration

Nice try guys, but this in no way means he has become a Frexiter.

Having thrown his hat into the ring on the Conservative ticket it is not - as you seem to be gleefully assuming - to aid the cause of Frexit. Nowhere has he said that. Rather, he is offering a referendum on immigration and is using the language of "sovereignty" which proved so successful in Britain. Clever politics. Telling people what they want to hear to gain popularity.

I wonder who he could have learned that from over the course of four years negotiating with Britain over Brexit...?

Actually, I rather welcome Barnier's intervention. And perhaps......... as some on liberal forums are suggesting............. his is a political manoeuver to split the right wing vote.

Every vote for Barnier would be one less vote for Marine Le Pen.

So........... If Barnier were to be elected, what is the best that Frexiters could hope for? Well, they would get a referendum to vote for France to pass laws to "take back control" of their borders...... control that they have never actually lost.

France, like Britain pre-Brexit, already has all the laws it needs to control immigration. It's just that the current government isn't using them.

Indeed...... even in the unlikely event of Barnier being elected, and then implementing his referendum..... and then getting a winning vote.... he could then pass laws that he didn't need to win a referendum to do. And he knows it.

This is all electioneering. It's exactly what the Tories have been doing in Britain for the last five years. Creating a bogeyman to get the votes of angry people who don't understand the issue.

Unfortunately, if he was genuinely serious about closing the door on migration, there would still be a stumbling block in his way...... which has nothing to do with the EU, and he can do nothing about even if he won.

The European Court of Human Rights. Which is NOT a part of the EU. Never has been. And it isn't under German control.

All the referendums in the world don't trump the ECHR.

But he isn't telling anybody that.

• Their words, not mine. Brexit is being blamed for store closures in France, not by the pandemic, not by Rejoiners, not by liberal lefties, not by 'wokeists' or any other kind of 'ists'. Marks and Spencer are blaming BREXIT.

Marks And Spencer Blame Brexit For Store Closures In France

snips from article:

"M&S said supply chain problems since Brexit had made it "near impossible" to maintain standards of food supply."

"However, as things stand today, the supply chain complexities in place following the UK's exit from the European Union now make it near impossible for us to serve fresh and chilled products to customers to the high standards they expect, resulting in an ongoing impact to the performance of our business."

"One of the main problems Marks & Spencer was facing in France was post-Brexit bureaucracy, a spokesman said."

"The export of fresh processed food from the UK to the EU is a classic example of precisely the sort of trade, built up under the single market, that was bound to be challenged by the new post-Brexit arrangements."

"Steve Dresser, managing director of Grocery Insight, said that while all retailers' sales had been affected by Covid, Marks & Spencer in France was "another casualty of Brexit". (note: "another" casualty of Brexit)

OK... point made. Brexit is to blame and no other factor can be used as a scapegoat, whipping boy, dead cat, straw man or any other form of logical fallacy, sophism or idiomatic expression.

Brexit is failing.

The penny is starting to drop with more and more people in Britain. There are 100 days until Christmas. And we will be pumping the "Brexit is to blame" message with every shortage in the shops in the run up to the festive season.

• Folks, I'm going to create a separate thread for the French elections and move some posts into there. Probably need one for the German elections too as Mrs Merkel is finally stepping down.

• Crown Stamp to return to pint glasses after Brexit bonfire of EU red tape
    PINT glasses will get a Crown Stamp again under a Brexit bonfire of EU red tape. Shops will be able to sell food in pounds and ounces once more as imperial…
    www.thesun.co.uk

A bonfire of EU red tape is promised as well. Brexit dividend.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• It's getting ridiculous now as they want to get rid of the metric system and bring back imperial. I can work in both but metric is so much more straight forward and makes more sense. A lot easier to do maths and more logical. Saying that with an 1/8th of dope you have 1/2 gram more than the 3 to 3.5 gram equivalent so you get more for you money and a penny coin convergently weighs about right for an 1/8th :) Geez if we want to be British we should go back to Whitworth instead of adopting the US system.

• It's getting ridiculous now as they want to get rid of the metric system and bring back imperial.

Nobody's talking about abolishing the metric system. I think it's letting retailers sell in imperial as well as metric if that's what the customer wants. At the momet it's actually illegal to do that. I can work in both as I was bought up on imperial and pounds, shillings and pence. Long division in that was mind blowing for a child.

I'm quite happy buying products in Gram marked packages and quantities but I weigh myself in Stones and Pounds (11st 2lb) and state my height in feet and inches. (5' 10") Timber is still sold in imperial sizes but stated as mm and metres

It's also interesting that the temperature measurement and control industry that I do work in is almost exclusively in Centigrade. The products CAN be set to run in °F but the default is °C as is all the internal calculations.

The thermocouple and resistance thermometer tables issued by the BSI have always been in °C. ( They might have been in °F a long time ago before I was born)

There's also been creeping metrication on our roads in that warning signs are at very odd yardage values these days unless you convert them to metres.

Must really stick in the EU craw that aviation altitude is always in feet. I guess the USA has a hand in that.

4312-gwban-gif

• I can work in both !mperial and Metric.. I always work out my mileage in MPG .. I buy my beer by the pint. My speed in MPH. I weigh myself in imperial. ............... I use metric when Woodworking and DIY . When cooking or baking I use whatever is on the recipe.

The Voice of Reason

• The UK & The EU - How And When We Will Rejoin

This has been a terrific meeting. I've been following it online this evening.

The lecture was streamed online and rejoin groups all over the country have been energized by it tonight. It's being especially well received on university campuses and with young people all over the country. And it will be the young people of Britain who are going to be the ones to carry it over the finishing line.

Prof Grayling (no relation to Chris "Failing" Grayling of Tory infamy) has really lifted morale with this lecture. He has outlined a very genuine and workable strategy. Of course, it won't happen immediately, but that's alright. We're in this for the long haul and nobody's resolve is going to falter.

It's going to happen, Brexiters. We will be going back in. I can't say when, but it's going to happen.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!