Brexit's Going Really Well, Isn't It..?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • The EU do want a deal....... but not at any price. They won't sacrifice the integrity of the Customs Union and Single Market just to accommodate the British.

The difference I notice though, is that only one side is playing the blame game and that's the same team that's doing the walking away from the table.

I think we'll all regret No Deal. Nobody can say how bad it's going to be yet, but it will be bad.

The plus side for people of the Rejoin persuasion is that we can feed all this into our narrative for promoting disillusion with Brexit. Some may call that a despicable tactic, but it's what Boris Johnson did with his weekly stories about bendy bananas and his false and grossly exaggerated stories about the EU. He and the likes of Littlejohn and Liddle sowed the seeds of discontent over many years. Well, that's what we're doing now. it's already started and the ground is fertile.

All the more fertile in a no deal scenario. I wouldn't want it this way because people will suffer and that's never a good thing. But we didn't start any of this. None of this is anybody's fault except the Conservative Party. So, why shouldn't we make capital of the facts as the shitstorm batters the country in the coming weeks, months and years...?

The Tories OWN Brexit. And that's going to be our stick to beat them with.

• None of this is anybody's fault except the Conservative Party. So, why shouldn't we make capital of the facts as the shitstorm batters the country in the coming weeks, months and years...?

This is all on Tony Blair. We were supposed to have a referendum in 2004 on the Treaty of Lisbon which included FOM. There was a lot of very vocal opposition expressed at the time and after winning in the GE by a comfortable margin the Labour government decided against the referendum as they feared we would give the wrong answer. The same referendum was held in France, Ireland and Norway where the population of those nations said no to reject the treaty. The EU managed to persuade these nations to rerun their referendum and got yes votes eventually. Blair feared a UK rejection would be irreversible because we Brits have more backbone so he signed the treaty which forever changed our nation without consultation of the British public because he was not constitutionally obliged to do so. Blair’s mistake is now being rectified. The suffering and impact of this necessary correction is on Blair. I am sure the EU will do whatever they can to make Brexit as painful as possible it will only highlight what they really are. The EU is Hotel California, you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• This is all on Tony Blair. We were supposed to have a referendum in 2004 on the Treaty of Lisbon which included FOM. There was a lot of very vocal opposition expressed at the time and after winning in the GE by a comfortable margin the Labour government decided against the referendum as they feared we would give the wrong answer. The same referendum was held in France, Ireland and Norway where the population of those nations said no to reject the treaty. The EU managed to persuade these nations to rerun their referendum and got yes votes eventually. Blair feared a UK rejection would be irreversible because we Brits have more backbone so he signed the treaty which forever changed our nation without consultation of the British public because he was not constitutionally obliged to do so. Blair’s mistake is now being rectified. The suffering and impact of this necessary correction is on Blair. I am sure the EU will do whatever they can to make Brexit as painful as possible it will only highlight what they really are. The EU is Hotel California, you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave.

What backbone do you have? Whenever we do something your foreign Minister crawls to Tehran and begs for mercy.

• This is all on Tony Blair. We were supposed to have a referendum in 2004 on the Treaty of Lisbon which included FOM. There was a lot of very vocal opposition expressed at the time and after winning in the GE by a comfortable margin the Labour government decided against the referendum as they feared we would give the wrong answer. The same referendum was held in France, Ireland and Norway where the population of those nations said no to reject the treaty. The EU managed to persuade these nations to rerun their referendum and got yes votes eventually. Blair feared a UK rejection would be irreversible because we Brits have more backbone so he signed the treaty which forever changed our nation without consultation of the British public because he was not constitutionally obliged to do so. Blair’s mistake is now being rectified. The suffering and impact of this necessary correction is on Blair. I am sure the EU will do whatever they can to make Brexit as painful as possible it will only highlight what they really are. The EU is Hotel California, you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave.

The British people WERE consulted. It was called a general election.

And you presume that had there been a referendum, you would have won it. You can't "prove" something that didn't happen. Your presumption is not my fact.

And it seems invidious to me for you to start whining and complaining now that Brexit isn't as easy as you claimed it would be. We were telling you all along what would happen. "Project Fear" you called it. "The EU will roll over in the end. They always do" you said.

But they're not rolling over are they..?

"We will come out of this laughing." you said. Who's laughing now..?

You expected to get all your own way for no other reason than that you're British. "Britain is strong" you said. Not strong enough, it would seem.

And now you're grizzling all over social media because the things that we warned you would happen, and you denied, are happening.

You don't want to be a part of Europe, but you want the benefits of being a member of a club that YOU VOTED to leave.

And now you're complaining that you're being punished. I disagree. The EU is doing nothing more than protecting its market, it's people and it's own interests from a vicious, predatory country that has openly stated seeks to destroy the very concept of European unity and create a free-for-all, dog-eat-dog Europe.

Not surprisingly, the EU doesn't want that to happen and is not going to give Britain the openings it's looking for to take the continent down that road.

You wanted a political, cultural and economic war. And you started one with Europe. Brexit was your victory. But it wasn't the end. It wasn't the beginning of the end. And what is happening now isn't even the end of the beginning.

You won a battle in 2016. You haven't won a war.

• Blair made an election pledge to have a referendum. Therefore he broke that pledge post election. Does that constitute fraud?

You are correct I cannot call a referendum that never happened but nor can you. What we do know is people voted Labour expecting to get a referendum and they renegaded on that claiming the vote might go the wrong way. Why would they do that?

You make a lot of claims about Brexit that I personally never said. Sure negotiations are ongoing despite the declaration of no deal but they are still just about alive. Who knows what will happen? I don’t and nor do you.

You talk of a culture war. What do you actually want apart from being in the EU?

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Blair made an election pledge to have a referendum. Therefore he broke that pledge post election. Does that constitute fraud?

You are correct I cannot call a referendum that never happened but nor can you. What we do know is people voted Labour expecting to get a referendum and they renegaded on that claiming the vote might go the wrong way. Why would they do that?

You make a lot of claims about Brexit that I personally never said. Sure negotiations are ongoing despite the declaration of no deal but they are still just about alive. Who knows what will happen? I don’t and nor do you.

You talk of a culture war. What do you actually want apart from being in the EU?

Guess she dont want be locked on an Island with old Zombies who dream about an Empire that died decades ago.

Young british want stay with Europe and are desperate because those old Zombies ruin their Future.

I know a guy from Bristol who is my age and openly says that those old farts should be shot. He loses Most of His business with brexit. He is a Fitness Guy offering training and such stuff and 80% of His customers are from EU

• Guess she dont want be locked on an Island with old Zombies who dream about an Empire that died decades ago.

Young british want stay with Europe and are desperate because those old Zombies ruin their Future.

I know a guy from Bristol who is my age and openly says that those old farts should be shot. He loses Most of His business with brexit. He is a Fitness Guy offering training and such stuff and 80% of His customers are from EU

If 80% of his business is in EU why is he in UK. That business model is broken. Be where your market is would be sensible maybe he should leave the UK.

• If 80% of his business is in EU why is he in UK. That business model is broken. Be where your market is would be sensible maybe he should leave the UK.

That was no Problem until the living dead took over. You advice your youth now to leave?

• That was no Problem until the living dead took over. You advice your youth now to leave?

No I don’t offer advice but I would guess the product he is shifting was imported to the UK from the EU so it makes no sense to ship it back to where it came from. Middle man businesses will struggle to survive post Brexit as costs will rise with import and export duties so moving to your market is just a sensible thing to do.

• No I don’t offer advice but I would guess the product he is shifting was imported to the UK from the EU so it makes no sense to ship it back to where it came from. Middle man businesses will struggle to survive post Brexit as costs will rise with import and export duties so moving to your market is just a sensible thing to do.

That’s too easy, my good man. Don’t forget that people these days like to play the victim.

• This article really confirms where the problem is and, as always it’s the French who are being stubborn. It seems they are being told to back down by the other EU members in order to secure a deal.

It’s always been about access to British fishing waters, it’s all they are interested in.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/134…e-angela-merkel

• No I don’t offer advice but I would guess the product he is shifting was imported to the UK from the EU so it makes no sense to ship it back to where it came from. Middle man businesses will struggle to survive post Brexit as costs will rise with import and export duties so moving to your market is just a sensible thing to do.

He is a fitness coach. He does not import himself.

• He is a fitness coach. He does not import himself.

Well in that case it makes even less sense for him to reside in the UK. If 80% of my employment required me to be away from home in the EU I would move closer to where my work actually is. This has zero to do with Brexit perhaps your friend should exercise his brain as much as he does his body.

• Well in that case it makes even less sense for him to reside in the UK. If 80% of my employment required me to be away from home in the EU I would move closer to where my work actually is. This has zero to do with Brexit perhaps your friend should exercise his brain as much as he does his body.

No i dont think so. Best option is to be political active, fight the old retarded brexit clowns and make their project fail.

And it will fail exactly for that reason. Your nation is divided. Its impossible to do something in a country when almost 50% viciously oppose it, even to the point where tehy prefer to destroy your country (Scotland ect).

Thats one of the reasons why the EU is so calm about all of this and let you guys ran at a wall.

• No i dont think so. Best option is to be political active, fight the old retarded brexit clowns and make their project fail.

And it will fail exactly for that reason. Your nation is divided. Its impossible to do something in a country when almost 50% viciously oppose it, even to the point where tehy prefer to destroy your country (Scotland ect).

Thats one of the reasons why the EU is so calm about all of this and let you guys ran at a wall.

So bitter Darioush. Brexit has already happened we are in the transition period. From Jan 1 2021 we are a third country to use EU terminology. The only thing undecided is the trading arrangements. If they are not resolved it will be WTO and the end of the French fishing industry.

You talk a lot of hot air Darioush. I agree that Brexit is sub-optimal for trade but you cannot have everything. You have to decide what is most valuable to you.

If Iran could have sanctions removed but you must accept American law would you take it?

• So bitter Darioush. Brexit has already happened we are in the transition period. From Jan 1 2021 we are a third country to use EU terminology. The only thing undecided is the trading arrangements. If they are not resolved it will be WTO and the end of the French fishing industry.

You talk a lot of hot air Darioush. I agree that Brexit is sub-optimal for trade but you cannot have everything. You have to decide what is most valuable to you.

If Iran could have sanctions removed but you must accept American law would you take it?

Its also the end of british fishing industry, because the big majority of your fish gets shipped to EU. You have not the transport equipment nor the procession equipment to see such huge amounts of fish elsewhere

• Its also the end of british fishing industry, because the big majority of your fish gets shipped to EU. You have not the transport equipment nor the procession equipment to see such huge amounts of fish elsewhere

So let’s go through your ludicrous post step by step shall we?

Assuming a no deal the UK regains sovereignty of its territorial waters and associated fishing rights. The French lose all rights to fish the waters.

The UK can fish the waters as much or little as we choose to suit domestic demand or from elsewhere. But wait a minute the UK fishing industry has been decimated by EU fishing policy for over 40 years and we cannot meet the demand. What shall we do?

Well, we could offer to buy the French fishing fleet for a knock down price because they don’t have any need for it now. But what about processing and exporting? We don’t have capacity and the EU will impose tariffs but as we have the fish and they don’t who are they hurting? Are you suggesting the demand for fish from UK water disappears with the death of the French fishing industry?

We can rapidly construct processing facilities for exporting we are an advanced civilisation you know so this really is a non issue.

If this happens we can negotiate with the EU about letting the French boats fish the water in return for a reasonable trade deal. At the moment the French want their fishing rights guaranteed as a prerequisite to any deal but that ain’t gonna happen. What sort of negotiation would it be where you agree to what your opponents want before you start negotiations. The French only have interest in fishing that’s all they care about. They know we care about a trade deal but currently we can’t get it sorted because of the fishing. If we go WTO and take fishing with us we can then restart negotiations based on given something rather than taking something.

French fishing is a huge deal to Macron and if he loses fishing he risks his political future. His future is pretty rocky anyway but if he loses fishing he will be toast. The UK are already gearing up for no deal, most realistic people knew this would be the outcome because the French have done everything possible to poison the negotiations. It may turn out that they choke on their own poison.

• Its also the end of british fishing industry, because the big majority of your fish gets shipped to EU. You have not the transport equipment nor the procession equipment to see such huge amounts of fish elsewhere

Then we will acquire the equipment necessary. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

The EU isn’t the only place in the world, although to hear you EU lovers talk, you’d think the EU was the be all and end all.

• Of course, the nonsense of this argument is falling on stony ground. So predictable.

One only has to ask whether the EU would let us have the same proportion of access to French fishing grounds. Or if we demanded that in order to trade with the U.K. without tariffs, that they accept all U.K. laws and British jurisdiction.

This just shows the utter ridiculousness of the EU’s position. We are not asking anymore than what they’ve already offered Canada. And we are not making any demands of the EU that could possibly be construed as unreasonable.

We are an independent country now and the EU continues to want us shackled tightly to them.

• The french fishing industry wont die. They have the entire atlantic and can fish as much around your island as they want.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!