Brexit's Going Really Well, Isn't It..?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • We have had an unfortunate combination of factors that has created this situation. Brexit was not expected to create shortages, but Covid caused a massive problem for us, coming as it did at the same time. That had not been factored in of course, and the training of more British lorry drivers was not possible because of the pandemic restrictions. Then there are worldwide shortages on top.

The perfect storm. But the storm will pass.

• It's the same with the Blood. We have some of strictest restrictions on who we can take blood from too. If you have been ill recently you can't give blood. I think they now wont event take blood from anyone that smokes which is ridiculous and if you have recently been in hospital you can't give blood for something like 3 months.

• We have employers in the UK who became addicted to cheap foreign labour . This created a skills gap as they stopped training UK staff when they could import from overseas and pay low rates. Now the cheap labour has dried up. The uk work force have the whip hand again and will expect decent pay for their time. The uk training will also have to ramp up once more with apprenticeships and other vocational training. Universities could also help by stopping plastic worthless degrees such as women’s and gender studies and replace this Marxist garbage with something useful to the national industries. The current problems were entirely foreseeable and predictable but many chose to ignore. Employers will have to pay more. No longer can they abuse the native workforce to line their pockets. Those days are gone matey and Brits first is the new game.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• We have employers in the UK who became addicted to cheap foreign labour

Correction ....addicted to profits. The decent pay thing is a myth, yes, wages will rise but the price of living will also rise so there will be no change. All we are doing is inflating figures. Slave labour will always be an issue because of simple greed and the goal being maximum profit. The financial system of broken and has been taken over by greed and selfishness.

• Now, who could possibly have foreseen that happening..?

Not Brexiters, that's for sure.

shortages.jpg

Not helped by the Covid pandemic restrictions, of course.

By the way, there is also a lorry driver shortage on the Continent, probably for the same reason.

By the way again,I love your strap line. It says all we need to know about your affection for our country.

• And it keeps on coming........ Brexit never quits taking. But it never gives.

national-insurance.jpg

Yep your caring sharing government. They don't care ,they won't share, you're the oiks they're the elite, they're the pearls you're the swine. The people suffer without food, without medicines, without a work force, without drivers, but Brexit is a win-win for every one, eh..?

Only, it isn't.

I'm immensely heartened by the responses to my last message. In the absence of any denial or reasonable argument to support Brexit, the usual suspects are now reduced to personal abuse. That's fine by me. It indicates two things.

1. You have no argument because Brexit is indefensible. You think that making spurious comparisons without detail (which, if provided, would only serve to throw the disaster of Brexit into even greater relief) is justification for the demolition of our country.

2. You attack me because you can't attack the post. It's the last resort of the failed debater.

But here's a little thought. Some of you talk about "teething troubles." Well, the referendum occurred in June 2016. More than five years ago. We have had plenty of time to organise, plan, build and implement any Brexit strategy that might have been workable. And yet, here we are still........ Still in the downward spiral because from October, MORE customs difficulties are going to hit our system and all those "experts" who you clearly despise and do your best to ignore, are predicting that Britain's downward spiral is set to continue.

How long is it going to be before ANY Brexit benefits are seen....? Indeed, what Brexit benefits are anywhere on the horizon...? None that I can see. There is absolutely no good news to be had. Not even the prospect of the much-promised "Jam Tomorrow". It just isn't in sight, not even in the far distance.

It's failing. And you know it. You just won't admit it.

So go ahead. Call me names. I don't mind.

I'll just keep shooting back. And I've got plenty of ammunition.

• Keep taking the anti-depressants, Jenny. We understand your reservations - no need to keep repeating yourself with such regularity.

Yes, we have answers to these points you keep making over and over, but none of us can be arsed to go over all this yet again. Just read the previous posts in answer to one of your diatribes. It won’t change your mind, but you won’t change ours either if all you do is rant.

I will just say that we recognise that there are some serious problems to be resolved. But with time, they will be, one way or the other.

Things would have been so much better had remainers not kept interfering with the process of negotiation. But we have to live with that now and sort out all these problems post Brexit instead.

• bus.jpg

Yep..... I definitely recall there being a bus.

So..... what's happened to that £350 million a week (which we all knew - and said at the time - wasn't actually £350 million so that was yet another Brexit lie, but be that as it may), the Brexiters said would go to the NHS...? They promised £350 million a week to the NHS. So...... where is it...?

Or more likely, whose pocket has that money gone into..?

On the evidence of events that have transpired, and are still transpiring, far from Brexit solving problems like Social Care..... we're getting our taxes increased instead. So much for the "Party of low taxation".

Teething troubles, I suppose...?

• Things would have been so much better had remainers not kept interfering with the process of negotiation.

Exactly, that is why there are any issues, they wanted it to fail at the nations expense just so they can bleat about how bad it is and it was wrong to leave the EU, they are willing the process to fail just so they can say "told you so" such is their simplistic mindset, they want to be right at any cost.

• As this is a Brexit issue I think I shall post it here. I tried logging into PayPal today and they are trying to force me to give them a Mobile Phone number because of new EU regulations. FFS I am a verified PayPal user (linked to my UK bank account) and for two factor authorization (I'm not a supporter of Two Factor but that's another issue) up until now I have used the house phone where I have to enter 4 digit number. Anyway to cut a long story short I went around in circles with PayPal customer services and it seems there is no way around this. This is bang out of order. The last time I checked it's not a legal requirement to own a mobile phone and worse still is that they are trying to enforce EU regulations on UK citizens. This is why we had Brexit so we no longer get all this nonsense including things like straight bananas. The whole bloody thing is bananas.

I'm frustrated and I have the same issue with my online UK banking. I have yet to contact my bank about it so not sure if there is an alternative but this is an issue that is plaguing us right now with more and more companies trying to force us to hand over a mobile phone number and more often that not it's EU regulations used as the reason besides 'so called' security reasons. Security my arse...they just want an easier way to data collect and it weakens my security.

Anyway I don't want to rant on about it but I feel so strongly about this issue that I am thinking of contacting mu local MP, for what good it does I don't know. I have never contacted my MP before and don't even know who the MP is. I don't even know the correct procedures but I need to do something because this is wrong IMO, we're not in the EU. I'm sure it's not that difficult to write, email or phone. Surly there has to be some kind of political pressure that can be put on these companies to abide by UK laws and regulations and not EU.

So in that sense Brexit is not going well. Are these companies now breaking UK laws by trying to enforce EU regulations on us? If they are I think I have a leg to stand on here and it would be worth taking it further. It's an issue I am passionately against in general with the forcing people to have a mobile phone. The thing is the Gov are guilty of it too as shown with the COVID app crap and eventually no doubt we will be forced to only have online banking via a mobile phone. It's weakening our security and leaving folk not only vulnerable to digital attack but invading our privacy for data collection purposes and resale. Cold calls are bad enough at the moment and I would like to minimise who gets my number.

I'm not sure where I go from here but right now I feel I have battle on my hands if I want to to take things further to make a change and get some people in power in my corner starting with getting companies to stop enforcing EU regulations on us. Maybe it's something I should contact the MSM about too. Try to get it discussed as a topic on a TV chat show or something. Bad publicity from my experience seems to be only only thing that forces companies to change. If companies do not offer an alternative does this not break anti discrimination laws too and possibly those with disabilities?

• You can email your MP @parliament.co.uk, but you'll need the exact address for the name part. It will probably have a dot between the first name and surname, but it would be wise to check. You can probably find it by googling the name of your MP and include 'email address' in the search.

Alternatively, if you want to write on old tech paper you can snail mail your MP thus:

The Rt Hon (John Smith) MP

House of Commons

LONDON SW1A 0AA

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!