Brexit's Going Really Well, Isn't It..?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I'm happy to call out Nazis where needs be. The worlds full of them still. :rolleyes: It's not like that kind of evil can't be matched by modern day behaviours.

If I meet a true Nazi I will call them out, but Nazis were not infamous for not caring about the poor or racism, they were infamous for vivisection and genocide.

• I have said many times that extreme far right are very rare as they are banned in the UK unlike the extreme far left. Weird don’t you think that fascism is banned but communism isn’t. We have had wars with both regimes. Both regimes have claim millions of lives but we only banned fascists whilst letting communists advise the government about health issues during a pandemic.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• I have said many times that extreme far right are very rare as they are banned in the UK unlike the extreme far left. Weird don’t you think that fascism is banned but communism isn’t. We have had wars with both regimes. Both regimes have claim millions of lives but we only banned fascists whilst letting communists advise the government about health issues during a pandemic.

Not sure, hadn't really compared them in that way. I guess the first question is WHY is Nazism banned.

• This is interessting though.

Times Of India = Talks To Open For India UK Trade Deal

I am also copying the following text below from a poster on a rejoiner forum I am a member of so this is not my own analysis but written by somebody who really knows his stuff.

We’re sure the EDL, BF and Tory blue rinse brigade will be delighted. 😉

As we have pointed out since 2016, due to Brexit, the UK had to leave it’s enclave as an EU member of the WTO and agree its own trade schedules.

This requires the approval without veto of all 164 WTO members.

The U.K. tried to cut and paste the EU schedules and sneak them through, but immediately 22 friendly nations like the USA, Canada, New Zealand and Australia said no way would they agree to a small nation like the UK getting the hugely beneficial terms the mighty EU has.

The fact that the U.K. team hadn’t even changed the € symbols to £ hadn’t helped their deception. And you can see this and the embarrassing correction and resubmission on the WTO website for good now.

So, now we have a Santa’s wish list to fulfil for every other WTO member in order to get their agreement, and it’ll never be as good as what we had. The tariffs will be higher and the quotas more limiting.

India has already demanded favourable terms on visas and will get them. So much for taking back control of our borders.

Spain asked for more say over Gibraltar, and not only did they get it, Gibraltar is now in Schengen with EU immigration officers checking U.K. entrants to Gib. The inclusion of Spain into consultation over Gibraltar affairs agreed by Theresa May to get Spanish and hence EU approval of her EU Withdrawal Agreement is something the Spanish PM hailed as the greatest move forward for Spain regarding the Gibraltar issue in over 300 years.

Argentina wants substantive talks over the Falkland Islands and watch this space because rumours are things are moving there too.

God only knows what Russia and China will want, but the 164th member we needed to appease was Afghanistan and we’ve now pulled out giving the Taliban what they want.

Since 31/12/20, the U.K. has unusually been operating off-schedule with the WTO, with the agreement of the EU, whose member nations, including Spain (see Gibraltar), France (see fishing disputes) and Ireland (see border and peace treaty), must also agree since their veto would mean a veto from the entire EU.

And you thought we were screwed before?

Just telling the truth, that's all. I know you don't like it, but there it is.

• I am not going to waste time posting on here if my posts are wholesale deleted without explanation.

From memory none of the posts were rude or insulting. They were off topic, but then they could be moved if that was so important on a thread that had reduced to a pantiomime of "Oh yes it is, oh no it isn't"

You have 4 or 5 members in this exclusive Brexit club, is this what you want, please let me know.

• I am not going to waste time posting on here if my posts are wholesale deleted without explanation.

From memory none of the posts were rude or insulting. They were off topic, but then they could be moved if that was so important on a thread that had reduced to a pantiomime of "Oh yes it is, oh no it isn't"

You have 4 or 5 members in this exclusive Brexit club, is this what you want, please let me know.

Equally annoyed HY.

I’m taking a week off.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

I like reading your comments. You are fair and objective and I dont mind you picking me up on points I make. I admit I am not in the clever league like most of you lot but I have my say to make too. Please dont leave. It have noticed that there is a dedicated anti rejoin and pro brexit league who all back each other up and jump in to support each otehrs posts regardless of facts or evidence that brexit is failing. i suppose things like that happens everywhere but its easy to see who they are here. I dont mind going off topic as long as nobody complains when i bring things back on topic later. Like now.

This sums up for me how I was conned into voting for brexit, and how I now see how I was conned. The things we were told before and the way things have turned out after the result. The disgraceful bit of that is the brexiters KNEW they were lying and the stupid part is that remainers told us so. I just didn't believe the remainers. I believed the brexiters who said it was all scaremongering when in fact the remainser were telling the truth.

daily-express.jpg

• As someone who didn't vote in the Brexit referendum ( We were on holiday at the time. ) ----I can look at the situation with an open mind. On reflection, did I want the UK to be ruled by Germany and France ?--- Absolutely NOT.. Did I want a European Army controlled by Germany --- Again -- NO. -----Did I like when we were in the Common Market with it's trading opportunities.--- YES. ------Would I be interested in joining other european countries in a trading relationship --- Yes. --------- Would I be interested to join or rejoin a political union with Germany or France --- Absolutely NOT.

So there you have it. I didnt vote for Brexit, but now that we have it, I consider it to be good for the UK.

The Voice of Reason

Edited once, last by mike murphy (January 3, 2022 at 3:02 PM).

• Had the vote gone the other way I would have accepted it as being the democratic will of the people, you certainly can't keep having referendum after referendum until you get the result you want that's not how democracy works, the first vote to join the common market as it was called then happened before I was old enough to vote, I think it should be atleast the same amount of time even before we think about having another referendum to rejoin. I cartainly don't feel conned, but then I fully understood what was being voted for, wisdom comes with age.

• Me I didn't vote. Haven't bothered voting for anything since the war criminal PM. TBH I don't see the point and we have far more concerning things we should be focusing on instead of being distracted by pantomimes.

• It have noticed that there is a dedicated anti rejoin and pro brexit league who all back each other up and jump in to support each otehrs posts regardless of facts or evidence that brexit is failing. i suppose things like that happens everywhere but its easy to see who they are here.

Hold on, IT Girl. If time and again people continue to moan on and on about Brexit being a mistake and the worst thing ever, and bang on about rejoining, do you really expect Brexiteers to remain silent?

We have both remainers and Brexiteers on this forum, but you only seem interested in promoting the rejoin campaign.

This is not an echo chamber, it is a debating forum and you can’t expect people to agree with you all the time. I like seeing what other people think about different matters and enjoy debating the points that I pick up. But none of this is personal, and you should not take it as such.

You complain about this being an extreme right-wing forum, but in actual fact we have people from both the left and right on here, as well as some who appear not to have any political allegiance. That makes for healthy debate, right?

And incidentally, people on the centre-right of politics are not fascists any more than centre left Labourites are all communists.

• Hold on, IT Girl. If time and again people continue to moan on and on about Brexit being a mistake and the worst thing ever, and bang on about rejoining, do you really expect Brexiteers to remain silent?

We have both remainers and Brexiteers on this forum, but you only seem interested in promoting the rejoin campaign.

This is not an echo chamber, it is a debating forum and you can’t expect people to agree with you all the time. I like seeing what other people think about different matters and enjoy debating the points that I pick up. But none of this is personal, and you should not take it as such.

You complain about this being an extreme right-wing forum, but in actual fact we have people from both the left and right on here, as well as some who appear not to have any political allegiance. That makes for healthy debate, right?

And incidentally, people on the centre-right of politics are not fascists any more than centre left Labourites are all communists.

I don't expect you to be silent, but I wish you'd be honest. The replies I get usually go along the lines of i should get with the programme or some such and you yourself have told me to stop complaining. How is that discussing anything. I am frequently labelled a remoaner even though there is no such thing any more. And again, you yourself have done this. I dont expect you to agree with me but i would hope that a reasonable view would be taken of factual statments made such as the one that will follow this, rather than repeating three word slogans or rubbish such as these are all teething troubles when you know damned well that none of what is happening now was told to us before we voted. you people. Yes you people told the remainers that they were scaremongering and calling it project fear and yet when proof taht such things are happening you shrug it off as teething troubles that you said all along would happen. this is hypocrisy. OK so I will go on to the next item I will post and watch it get shrugged off just like everything else. No this is not meant to be an echo chamber but that is what you want, only you want one that echoes your views and people like me are a pain in the arse you wish would just shut up or go away.

• this really happened. a tory peer has spent money that was given to the so called levelling up fund for his constituency on having the potholes filled in on the road to his country estate. Yeah,he was levelling up alright. Levelling the road for his own convenience. £330'000 of money that was meant to be spent on improving the lot of the people of the north east used to make a comfortable drive home for a tory peer.

Tory peer uses levelling up fund to fill in potholes on road to his estate

When we were still in the EU, The North East benefited from billions of EU support funding to the region as it was classified as a “disadvantaged area“.

Despite promises of ‘levelling up’, this has not been matched from the government, meaning that the North East and many other regions are worse off. And this when Tory areas continue to be showered with funding.

• this really happened. a tory peer has spent money that was given to the so called levelling up fund for his constituency on having the potholes filled in on the road to his country estate. Yeah,he was levelling up alright. Levelling the road for his own convenience. £330'000 of money that was meant to be spent on improving the lot of the people of the north east used to make a comfortable drive home for a tory peer.

Tory peer uses levelling up fund to fill in potholes on road to his estate

Well, if you want a sensible response, can I point out that this road is not actually the peer’s own road. It belongs to an estate company and the leaseholder is the museum.

But let’s not let the facts get in the way of a Conservative-bashing story.

I don’t blame you for that, by the way. It is a poorly researched article.

• I don't expect you to be silent, but I wish you'd be honest. The replies I get usually go along the lines of i should get with the programme or some such and you yourself have told me to stop complaining. How is that discussing anything. I am frequently labelled a remoaner even though there is no such thing any more. And again, you yourself have done this. I dont expect you to agree with me but i would hope that a reasonable view would be taken of factual statments made such as the one that will follow this, rather than repeating three word slogans or rubbish such as these are all teething troubles when you know damned well that none of what is happening now was told to us before we voted. you people. Yes you people told the remainers that they were scaremongering and calling it project fear and yet when proof taht such things are happening you shrug it off as teething troubles that you said all along would happen. this is hypocrisy. OK so I will go on to the next item I will post and watch it get shrugged off just like everything else. No this is not meant to be an echo chamber but that is what you want, only you want one that echoes your views and people like me are a pain in the arse you wish would just shut up or go away.

Well, I’m lost for words. There are Brexiteers lies and there are Remainer lies.

I guess we could all go on about lies told by the other side.

We have a mature electorate here, and most of us are quite a savvy lot and use our own judgements. If anyone seriously believed that Brexit would happen with no problems from day 1, they were incredibly naive. All big changes have teething troubles, and there is a lot to implement before this settles down.

It will be a few years before we start to see big benefits, but I know that there are people on the remainer side who won’t believe it until they see it. So let’s wait, shall we?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!