Brexit's Going Really Well, Isn't It..?

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • This is much more interesting to me and is very encouraging. young businessmen in britain are keen to return to the eu. Just look at the age demographic in this. the trend of young people is moving towards rejoining. Last year the figures were much lower. YOung business men are positive about rejoining and that trend is increasin.g the figures tell the story. Now nearly half of business owners aged between 18-34 are keen to rejoin. that figure is only 23% for those aged 55 and over, but they are the fading generation. they will decline as time goes on.

Only 35% of all businessmen polled think that brexit is here to stay. but a fair number of those favour a return to the customes union and single market but that in itself will be a major step to rejoining.

last year there was fewer were keen to rejoin so the trend towards rejoin is already starting. I suppose this will be shrugged off by you all but you only see what you want to see so that wont surprise me. it is the young that rejoin are targeting and it seems the message is being listened to. very encouraging.

• Good News!

Of course, the French and Spanish are still fishing in our waters, but once current arrangments have ended, we will have a say on new foreign fishermen in our seas and about time too!

if you are talking about NEW foreign fishermen then that is fair. the disputes going on are over licences for those who have a right to fish by virtue of long standing tradition. sort that out and everybody is happy.

• I see the angries have no real green credentials.

Fishing on the humongous scale that is commercial today is decimating the seas of stock and upsetting the feeding of many species humans don't consume or need. So putting a cork in it is a good idea. Not belonging to a great greedy empire that fishes where it pleases is a good idea. Taking control of one's own resources and maintaining them at optimum levels is a good idea. It's a green process. Where are all the so-called greens and political green agitators in this? They should see Brexit as the ultimate victory over empire. They don't. They are too busy squealing and whining over things they don't appear to have the intelligence or green cred to even consider.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• This article has had a fair bit of comment in rejoin world today. the sun picked up on this article on Devon live and ran with it. Well i am glad something has cheered you up. Hooray. ONe fishing town in Britain is successful and now all is well. the tone of your posts suggests to me that you are on your bended knees in gratitude for one solitary success story. Only its a bit of a pyrrhic victory. One of the organisers in the rejoin campaign group lives in a cornish fishing town and she has been saying that the report only tells one half of the story. Brixham has been successful because it has picked up the business that has been lost by so many other fishing communities in the west country. Cornwall, and especially where she lives, is decimated. So Brixham has just picked up the sales lost by others. this is where the article falls down because it is very narrowly focused. it looks at only one place not the entire country. But is suppose you dont want to read that. you will cling to this as proof that its all going to plan. but for your one success story there are many more losses. shutting down the entire high street to benefit one shop is great for the one shop that benefits but the rest lose. all that has happened is that almost all the sales in that entire area are concentrated in one town. some victory that is.

Indeed. :sleeping:

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• if you are talking about NEW foreign fishermen then that is fair. the disputes going on are over licences for those who have a right to fish by virtue of long standing tradition. sort that out and everybody is happy.

I did say new fishermen, yes.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Goodbye folks. I'm sorry but I am not happy to continue under these rules applied so haphazardly. Insults to Leavers allowed, insults to Brexiters not. Leavers driven from the site with no protection from the mods.

The thread in this instance was going nowhere and took an interesting turn, there was no bad feeling or aggression. Just good conversation

I will leave you to your tiny group of Brexit friends to carry on your circular conversations.

You better read this quick it will be deleted PDQ

I am the one in ten a number on a list

I am the one in ten even though I don't exist

Nobody Knows me though I'm always there

A statistical reminder of a world that doesn't care

I'm the murderer and the victim the license with the gun

I'm a sad and bruised old lady in an ally in a slum

I'm a middle aged businessman with chronic heart disease

I'm another teenage suicide whose life ended at 13

• The problem here is that it's a very contentious subject. So would you prefer a forum where it goes around in circles with the same arguments but with the roles reversed. It's actually very rare for mods to step in here or remove posts. On many places there is a greater amount of manipulation and controlling of what members say and the flow of direction that threads take. Heavy handed moderation never goes down well for any forum.

What I think your after is people with the same viewpoint you can bounce off. Unfortunately there are many members here with the same mindset only they are of the opposite opinion. It's best not to argue with a pack of wolves unless you have backup and because there are so few members here it mostly always is a one sided argument. Your just have to take it a with a pinch of salt and quietly laugh to yourself or just make jokes and not take anything seriously. Your never going to turn anyone's viewpoints. It a sad reflection of society.

This thread is not going anywhere accept around in circles no matter what points anyone makes. Personally I would have quietly removed the whole thread a long time ago. It's politics the one subject along with religion that is always going to cause problems as that's the nature of the subject hence why so many forums ban these topics completely. It's very unhealthy for any forum but unless one has a common interest then what else is there to talk about and then it gets boring unless there are many issues members can help each other out with along with some expertise and /or respect rather than trying to convert.

Sadly this thread is a reflection of our parliamentary system only they have a speaker instead of mods. The biggest difference being they have more or less equally the same number of wolves on each side. Your never going to get any deep intellectual conversations going on here. The intelligence level is just not there. What this forum needs is more members so it would be sad if you leave but thank you for the short spark of hope. It's been good chatting and having some intellect around.

• Goodbye folks. I'm sorry but I am not happy to continue under these rules applied so haphazardly. Insults to Leavers allowed, insults to Brexiters not. Leavers driven from the site with no protection from the mods.

The thread in this instance was going nowhere and took an interesting turn, there was no bad feeling or aggression. Just good conversation

I will leave you to your tiny group of Brexit friends to carry on your circular conversations.

You better read this quick it will be deleted PDQ

The posts in question were deleted as they were off-topic.

The bias towards leavers that you talk of is in your head. There are Brexiteers and Remainers contributing to these debates. This is not one of those left-leaning platforms that shout down any contrary opinion and ostracise those who won't agree with tneir views.

You only have to look at the contributions that have been made by both sides in the Brexit debate to see that there has been a lively exchange of views, with both sides expressing their views in a forthright fashion. Nobody has been chastised by the mods for that.

We would prefer that people stopped being rude to one another, as they can be sometimes, but we are not going to intervene every time there is a disagreement. It is worth noting that the rudeness comes from both sides, Zany.

We will be sorry to see you leave, if that is your final decision, and your contribution will be missed.

Note that your post remains in tact. Nobody has deleted it.

Now then, back to topic.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Thanks for your kind words. There are forums out there with mixed views and intelligent people. Plus people who are grateful for interesting conversation and like evidence that challenges their views. They don't just dismiss that evidence or make stupid remarks, they challenge and rebut.

I tried to introduce the concept here but to no avail. Good luck and good hunting my friend.

I am the one in ten a number on a list

I am the one in ten even though I don't exist

Nobody Knows me though I'm always there

A statistical reminder of a world that doesn't care

I'm the murderer and the victim the license with the gun

I'm a sad and bruised old lady in an ally in a slum

I'm a middle aged businessman with chronic heart disease

I'm another teenage suicide whose life ended at 13

• The British people voting to instruct parliament to leave the sinking ship otherwise known as the EU, was the fair and democratic expression of the will of the British people.

In all elections there will always be people who wished the vote went the other way, but are prepared to accept the result - That's democracy.

Sometimes there are poor misguided people who hate the British public for voting the way they did and become vocal about overturning democracy. Communists and Marxists are always anti-society and coupled with biased broadcasting from places like the BBC and opinions of the far left press continue to bury their heads in the sand and pretend that Brexit was just a bad dream.. Time for them to wake up and smell the coffee.

We've now left that awful sinking ship and will never board it again. Besides soon that ship will be totally sunk and no longer exist.

• Post-Brexit trade deal with India could be bigger than agreement with USA
    A POST Brexit trade deal with India could be bigger and better than an agreement with the United States, experts have said. The Government is laying on the…
    www.thesun.co.uk

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!