Brexit's Going Really Well, Isn't It..?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • None of the above means he’s wrong about the state of the UK today

In broad terms his statement is accurate

I was highlighting the political lens through which he sees things. He is a Marxist (Communist) so for him anything that strays from that doctrine will be bad. For me anything that smells remotely of Communism is bad. Therefore he is talking shite.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Communism has never worked - anywhere. Why would anyone want to control people rather than give them their freedom to make something of themselves?

These people should go to somewhere like North Korea and experience it for themselves.

As for this guy's article, I agree with Armitage. It's over-the-top, negative nonsense.

• Communism has never worked - anywhere. Why would anyone want to control people rather than give them their freedom to make something of themselves?

Sounds just like the UK and many western countries to me. We are all controlled, forced to work, pay bills etc.

These people should go to somewhere like North Korea and experience it for themselves.

As for this guy's article, I agree with Armitage. It's over-the-top, negative

This government want to control people, they want to stop the rail workers striking

They want to curtail protests

This is a slippery slope.

They talk of Liberty but it’s on their terms

• Any government wants to control people no matter what clothes it wears. We are forced to comply with what they want for society to keep them in control. It's either that or become a criminal or vagabond.

• This government want to control people, they want to stop the rail workers striking

That is completely wrong. It’s the rail workers’ unions who are trying to control us, preventing people from going about their business. They want to hold us to ransom in order to get more money than the rest of us.

Protesters also stop us from going about our normal business because they take it too far and won’t let us pass. You have a funny idea of what freedom is.

Protests are not banned by this government. But obstruction and nuisance is.

There is no slippery slope unless you guys get your way and make our lives impossible. I’m sure Liz Truss won’t let that happen.

We have our liberty, although the wokes are trying to take away free speech and generally undermining our way of life. Why can you not see this?

• This government want to control people, they want to stop the rail workers striking

Protests should be focused on the government and authority but not against ordinary members of the public.

I'm surprised that the ordinary public has been as patient as it has to-date.

The protesters rely on law abiding citizens to not harm them when they glue themselves to the road, it would be easy to cross the line and do something silly and then where would we be?.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• That is completely wrong. It’s the rail workers’ unions who are trying to control us, preventing people from going about their business. They want to hold us to ransom in order to get more money than the rest of us.

Protesters also stop us from going about our normal business because they take it too far and won’t let us pass. You have a funny idea of what freedom is.

Protests are not banned by this government. But obstruction and nuisance is.

There is no slippery slope unless you guys get your way and make our lives impossible. I’m sure Liz Truss won’t let that happen.

We have our liberty, although the wokes are trying to take away free speech and generally undermining our way of life. Why can you not see this?

As I said it’s Liberty on their terms .

A protest that doesn’t cause a nuisance isn’t a protest

The rail worker ultimately only have one course of action which is to strike

The union & the rail companies are not allowed to negotiate without interference from government, the matter would probably be settled by now with the interference on Shaps

Liz Truss is a gibbering fool who will be more disastrous than Johnson

Frankly Boyle made a joke about raping & murdering Holly Willoughby

The Anti woke Daily Mail screaming about it

For me it’s a joke in poor taste but nevertheless it a JOKE

More fake Liberty

• Protests should be focused on the government and authority but not against ordinary members of the public.

I'm surprised that the ordinary public has been as patient as it has to-date.

The protesters rely on law abiding citizens to not harm them when they glue themselves to the road, it would be easy to cross the line and do something silly and then where would we be?.

Who are you to decide how people protest ?

It’s their right

Granted choosing to glue yourself to a tube train may well be counterproductive to your cause but that’s not the point I’m making

• Who are you to decide how people protest ?

I am nobody in terms of my ability to influence, but I have an opinion on gaining support for your cause. If your cause is just and fair and reasonable you don't need to take extreme actions.

If your cause is weak but you are ideologically driven, you will be more inclined to take extreme action, especially when you cannot win over the hearts and minds of the general public. Such examples would be Extinction Rebellion, Just Stop Oil, anti-Brexit protestors etc.

It’s their right

To peacefully protest inside the law - yes.

Granted choosing to glue yourself to a tube train may well be counterproductive to your cause but that’s not the point I’m making

Agreed - it will get you nowhere

• I’m not sure what you are on, TrueBrit, but it seems like pretty powerful stuff.

When I speak of liberty, I am referring to the liberty of the majority, you know, those decent, law abiding citizens who work for a living until they retire at old age and help fund our public services.

The minority of people who try to disrupt our lives don’t deserve liberty, they should be locked up until they can learn to behave responsibly. I have no time at all for their constant wingeing.

• Who are you to decide how people protest ?

It’s their right

But, TR, who are you to decide whether I can get to work, keep my dental appointment or take the grandkids to and from school?

It’s an extremely selfish attitude.

• Protests should be focused on the government and authority but not against ordinary members of the public.

The problem is that the gov will protect themselves at our expense. It's the same situation with terrorists....my guess is they would love to directly attack the gov that brought war upon them but they are highly protected so the next best thing is to get the people who support the gov. It's an oldy but a goody and the same tactic is used by criminal gangs and the mafia etc. If you want to get to someone you can get to them through their close family members. The same tactic is used in the Armed forces when training. If a squaddie misbehaves or does something wrong then punish his /her mates in their section and make that person stand and watch them being beasted. Why attack someone directly when you can hurt them a lot more by hurting those either close to them or those they 'supposedly' care about. Hypothetically for arguments sake, if I wanted to get to you I wouldn't do you directly but I would do your wife and / or your kids first and if you then still don't comply I then will do you but only after you have been given the chance and suffered the pain of witnessing those close to you hurt. There's more than one way to skin a cat and when alternative methods are removed you turn to other means.

• Who said anything about anarchism. It's about freedom and ones rights and not to be controlled. If I want to rob you I have the right to do that. If I get caught then that's another matter. LOL Ultimately it comes down to tribal warfare and survival of the fittest. I would rather be the lion out on the hunt rather than leave another lion to do the job for me. Your either the hunter or become the hunted.

• The problem is that the gov will protect themselves at our expense. It's the same situation with terrorists....my guess is they would love to directly attack the gov that brought war upon them but they are highly protected so the next best thing is to get the people who support the gov. It's an oldy but a goody and the same tactic is used by criminal gangs and the mafia etc. If you want to get to someone you can get to them through their close family members. The same tactic is used in the Armed forces when training. If a squaddie misbehaves or does something wrong then punish his /her mates in their section and make that person stand and watch them being beasted. Why attack someone directly when you can hurt them a lot more by hurting those either close to them or those they 'supposedly' care about. Hypothetically for arguments sake, if I wanted to get to you I wouldn't do you directly but I would do your wife and / or your kids first and if you then still don't comply I then will do you but only after you have been given the chance and suffered the pain of witnessing those close to you hurt. There's more than one way to skin a cat and when alternative methods are removed you turn to other means.

So if I beat the crap out of some Extinction Rebellion type who has glued themselves to the road and as a result I miss a medical appointment I have waited 18 months for the government and police will be ok with that?

• This is very good. Getting lots of likes and shares. Not my work - copy and paste - but credit to 'The Jadster'.

"Hello, IT? My economy has stopped working."

"Have you tried switching off your machine and switching it on again?-"

"Yes."

"Okay. Check settings. What does it say under software?"

"Compatible with EU membership."

"Do you have that?"

"I did have but I uninstalled it."

"Er - Why?"

"Honestly, I can't remember. Something about fish?"

"Is your fish industry running okay?"

"No, actually that was the first app to crash."

"You see, that one really needs the EU platform installed."

"Really? But my mate told me fishing would run better without it."

"He sounds confused. Can you reinstall your EU app?"

"That might be hard. I threw it away. Also, now my economy has completely crashed. It's not letting me install anything. All these trade deals i used to have stopped working too."

"Sounds like you'll have to buy a new licence. Unfortunately without the old one it'll be a bit pricey and you'll have to upgrade your currency to Euro."

"What about this app my mate gave me instead? It's called Sovereignty 45."

"Mate, don't touch that. It's malware. It'll reduce your economy down to the levels of 1945."

"But those were the glory years! Weren't they?"

"Mate, when were you born?"

"1954. Why?"

"And do you have strange marks on your fingernails, indicating vitamin deficiency?"

"I do! How did you know?"

"An inspired guess. Listen - don't touch anything. Restart your economy in safe mode, restoring Single Market and Customs Union. That should sort it for now. You can take the further steps to full recovery as you go along."

"But my mate said those things let in viruses."

"Is your mate's name Nigel by any chance?"

"Yes! How did you -"

"Another wild stab in the dark. Those aren't viruses, they are EU workers, and they are vital to the smooth running of your systems."

"But I clicked on a pop-up that said it would get rid of them all for me."

"Yes, I'm beginning to deduce your modus operandi. Well, at least you've called me now. You'll just have to run your economy at half-power until I get your new membership installed."

"Cheers for that. But please be quick about it. I need to get back to normal as soon as possible."

Just telling the truth, that's all. I know you don't like it, but there it is.

• We are still the 6th largest economy in the world and we were when we left the EU.

What’s your point?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!