Brexit's Going Really Well, Isn't It..?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • You've moved the goalposts. The point at hand was whether we had left or not.

As it happens. you might have this dream that there is much to be gained form these supposed 'new freedoms' but 4 years on it's not lookig good. No good trade deals signed, immigration up, small businesses hurt and travel to Europe gets more difficult each year

Its the same in the EU, most of those problems could easily be solved for the UK if we tore up the TCA and Windsor framework. Thats crap governments fault not Brexit.

EU trade deals never favoured the UK anyway, they tied us to the EU for trade rather than the rest of the world. At least now we can set our own trading arrangements, unlike before when they were done for us by an unelected government in a country we aren't part of.

• Without the TCA and its necessary Windsor agreement we'd so be in the shit right now. A successful economy below critical mass in modern times needs adjacent free trading partners. Not least for affordable food

• Just FYI - food inflation is not unique to Brexit-UK, it is also bad in France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, etc..... all those counties enjoying the vast benefits of EU free trade.

• You've moved the goalposts. The point at hand was whether we had left or not.

As it happens. you might have this dream that there is much to be gained form these supposed 'new freedoms' but 4 years on it's not lookig good. No good trade deals signed, immigration up, small businesses hurt and travel to Europe gets more difficult each year

I've not moved any goalposts. I have explained that while we are no longer members of the EU, the government has not done enough to take advantage of our new freedoms, so it feels like we've never left.

Of course, we have had to endure Covid and the Northern Ireland Protocol nonsense with the world and his wife falsely alleging that the Good Friday Agreement was being breached, but it is still deeply frustrating for the majority of us who voted for Brexit.

And what is more, we now have the spectre of a Labour Government that will be hell bent on drawing us back in again, whatever the perpetual u-turning Kier Starmer says now.

Heaven help us!

• Words are important - Starmer said he will "scale back" the £28 billion on Green Policies.

Note he did not say NO money. Or stop the policy. "scale back" has no meaning and it allows him to continue with it the day after he is elected. He will never drop the policy, He is lying, and worse still are the people who fall for it. His press secretary created those two words - "scale back". It means he will SCALE-UP and appear never to have lied.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• I've not moved any goalposts. I have explained that while we are no longer members of the EU, the government has not done enough to take advantage of our new freedoms, so it feels like we've never left.

Of course, we have had to endure Covid and the Northern Ireland Protocol nonsense with the world and his wife falsely alleging that the Good Friday Agreement was being breached, but it is still deeply frustrating for the majority of us who voted for Brexit.

And what is more, we now have the spectre of a Labour Government that will be hell bent on drawing us back in again, whatever the perpetual u-turning Kier Starmer says now.

Heaven help us!

Of course it's frustrating for the (actually a minority of Brits) who voted Brexit that all those false promises they were given to buy their votes have turned out to be exactly that, false.

• The NI protocol keeps us locked into the EU tax regulations. We can't lower VAT (lower than 15%) in the UK because we can't lower VAT in Northern Ireland to the same rate, it would infringe the Windsor Framework and we can't have two separate VAT rates throughout the UK.

Just one example. Thats why I keep saying we are still in the EU in all but name, they still control the UK through the Windsor Framework and the TCA.

And that won’t end until Northern Ireland becomes part of the Irish Republic.

• Of course it's frustrating for the (actually a minority of Brits) who voted Brexit that all those false promises they were given to buy their votes have turned out to be exactly that, false.

They were not false promises. The plan is simply delayed, and the majority of voters wanted this.

Personally, I support democracy. Many remainers clearly don’t as clearly shown by their actions since the referendum.

• They were not false promises. The plan is simply delayed, and the majority of voters wanted this.

Personally, I support democracy. Many remainers clearly don’t as clearly shown by their actions since the referendum.

Fiction ^

• Of course it's frustrating for the (actually a minority of Brits) who voted Brexit that all those false promises they were given to buy their votes have turned out to be exactly that, false.

There you go yet again - you seem paralyzed by bitter resentment, and so utterly convinced by the endless Remoaner FICTION - - - that we were all 'bought by promises' (we were not - the wind of change was heading that way anyway as one glance at the EU parliament results prove), so deluded that the only 'lies' and 'fiction' were an evil plot on one side while the other was angelic, so blinkered that everything thereafter has been a disaster when in fact almost nothing has changed (except for those who were riding the gravy train), so stupidly intractable that you just can't stop parroting idiotic platitudes like the one that tries to paint the referendum as a 'minority' (it was not, it was a MAJORITY OF VOTES CAST, just like every election)... that you again and again and again stand here and insult our intelligence by slandering us and our voting preferences.

Worst of all, you erode the credibility of your other valuable posts on other subjects by being so facile on this subject.

• There you go yet again - you seem paralyzed by bitter resentment, and so utterly convinced by the endless Remoaner FICTION - - - that we were all 'bought by promises' (we were not - the wind of change was heading that way anyway as one glance at the EU parliament results prove), so deluded that the only 'lies' and 'fiction' were an evil plot on one side while the other was angelic, so blinkered that everything thereafter has been a disaster when in fact almost nothing has changed (except for those who were riding the gravy train), so stupidly intractable that you just can't stop parroting idiotic platitudes like the one that tries to paint the referendum as a 'minority' (it was not, it was a MAJORITY OF VOTES CAST, just like every election)... that you again and again and again stand here and insult our intelligence by slandering us and our voting preferences.

Worst of all, you erode the credibility of your other valuable posts on other subjects by being so facile on this subject.

I’m not going to get involved with the “false promises “ thing ,it’s been done to death

The winds of change ?

There are indeed more eurosceptic governments popping up around Europe but they appear to want reform rather than destruction of the EU

If we had remained the UK could have lead that that reform, instead we’re in a kind of economic & political no man’s land

• I’m not going to get involved with the “false promises “ thing ,it’s been done to death

The winds of change ?

There are indeed more eurosceptic governments popping up around Europe but they appear to want reform rather than destruction of the EU

If we had remained the UK could have lead that that reform, instead we’re in a kind of economic & political no man’s land

David Cameron tried with a pretty pathetic and easily achievable list of demands and was rebuffed. At that point, the majority of voters decided they had had enough.

• Cameron asked the EU to tweak some of their overreaching rules - they refused. Then followed the referendum.

There exists this faction of malcontents, lacking a foundation of argument, in many issues of the day. Trump - EU - Immigration - rule of law - diversity, PC, Neo-Liberalism - who just go on and on and on and on. Never stating worthy input to back up their views except moaning and crying in their soup.

Imagine a student demonstrating his/her credibility by constant moaning -"Cameron didn't tell us everything" - "we were not informed" - "Boris is a fascist" - "I did not get a leaflet" etc. That student would score an F-.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• No it’s not. What it is, is the truth that bursts the bitter remainer view of the world.

Bubbles based on tenuous arguments tend to burst quickly.

So you forget that it wasn't a majority of the electorate and that all those promises haven't been delivered.

Start here : http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/briefing_trade.html

First up: 'FACT: After we Vote Leave, British businesses will trade freely with the EU. '

Didn't happen did it, just ask the financial services companies and all those ex Pats that held current accounts in British Banks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!