Brexit's Going Really Well, Isn't It..?

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • So you forget that it wasn't a majority of the electorate and that all those promises haven't been delivered.

Start here : http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/briefing_trade.html

First up: 'FACT: After we Vote Leave, British businesses will trade freely with the EU. '

Didn't happen did it, just ask the financial services companies and all those ex Pats that held current accounts in British Banks.

You already know the answers to those points, Steve. Firstly it was a majority of the voting public who voted for Brexit. That is how democracy works in this country. No-one knows what the non-voters thought, or even if they cared.

Secondly, you know very well that the antics of the remainers ruined the negotiations we were having with the EU. They would have caved to what Brexiteers wanted had those interfering naysayers not encouraged the EU to believe that it would be US who were desperate for a deal.

• Look you were the one that claimed it was a majority of the people. Glad to see you now recognise it was now only of those who voted.

As for your belief it was 'remainers' that gave us a deal you describe as ruined that's delusional. We got the best deal we could have honestly imagined in record time and it was that arse Boris with his 'cake and eat it' jibing that made the Davis led negotiations fraught and then that idiot Frost got involved with a NI protocol he tabled and then tried to blame on everyone but himself.

Maybe you think Boris and Frost were remainers. Well they were not.

Currently ignoring Echo 10

• Look you were the one that claimed it was a majority of the people. Glad to see you now recognise it was now only of those who voted.

As for your belief it was 'remainers' that gave us a deal you describe as ruined that's delusional. We got the best deal we could have honestly imagined in record time and it was that arse Boris with his 'cake and eat it' jibing that made the Davis led negotiations fraught and then that idiot Frost got involved with a NI protocol he tabled and then tried to blame on everyone but himself.

Maybe you think Boris and Frost were remainers. Well they were not.

Well, of course I was referring to those who voted! Who the hell did you think I meant! You are so pedantic!

For all you know, maybe the majority of the public would have preferred to leave as well, but there is no evidence for that one way or the other.

It is not delusional to say the the remainers ruined our negotiations. They were briefing the EU against us. To try to lay that on Boris Johnson and Lord Frost requires a considerable amount of facts-twisting for anyone to believe that.

The problem with the Protocol was that the remainer scaremongerers were falsely claiming that it went against the Good Friday Agreement, which spooked everyone, including the US.

• Well, of course I was referring to those who voted! Who the hell did you think I meant! You are so pedantic!

For all you know, maybe the majority of the public would have preferred to leave as well, but there is no evidence for that one way or the other.

It is not delusional to say the the remainers ruined our negotiations. They were briefing the EU against us. To try to lay that on Boris Johnson and Lord Frost requires a considerable amount of facts-twisting for anyone to believe that.

The problem with the Protocol was that the remainer scaremongerers were falsely claiming that it went against the Good Friday Agreement, which spooked everyone, including the US.

The meaning of words is important. I have no doubt you were inferring that a majority of the country wanted Brexit.

As for that paranoic belief that remainers were briefing the EU what a load of codswallop.

And that 'The problem with the Protocol was that the remainer scaremongerers were falsely claiming that it went against the Good Friday Agreement' is just utter BS. It was the UVF and then the pro Leave DUP that objected to it.

Currently ignoring Echo 10

• The meaning of words is important. I have no doubt you were inferring that a majority of the country wanted Brexit.

Well, the fact is, I was referring to the voters. You are parading here your deranged belief that those who didn't vote were against leaving the EU. Where is your justification for that argument? It is wishful thinking on your part, nothing more.

for that paranoic belief that remainers were briefing the EU what a load of codswallop.

They were, and Tony Blair was one of them. It was widely reported at the time. And remember the so-called 'Ben Act'?

And that 'The problem with the Protocol was that the remainer scaremongerers were falsely claiming that it went against the Good Friday Agreement' is just utter BS. It was the UVF and then the pro Leave DUP that objected to it.

No, it's not, as you well know. I'm not saying they were the only ones either. The Protocol did NOT break the GFA. I'm not surprised that the DUP jumped on that idea as well, because they certainly did.

• If we had remained the UK could have lead that that reform, instead we’re in a kind of economic & political no man’s land

Now that is an interesting if moot thought experiment, but two things are self-evident

1) UKIP would have stayed UKIP and eaten more and more into the votes of both main parties.

2) The EU elections would be even more of an embarrassing landslide for the dissenting party than they were before.

Other consequences would be more speculative, but I guarantee one thing - there would not have been the excessive embarrassing whining about the result that Remain have put up - it would just have steeled Leave to step up their game and get a clear win next time they had a party's nuts in a vice with a decisive minority.

• "If we had remained" LOL. I am not British, I support Britain and always want it to succeed. Why do the British denigrate their own country?

I Would Rather Be Hated For Telling The Truth Than Revered For Speaking A Lie.

• Thank you for confirming you feel the rules here don't apply to you or those of your political persuasion

Well, what would you call a rigid belief that everyone (or let's say, a majority) who didn't vote in the referendum wanted to remain in the EU? It is certainly not the most sensible conclusion to draw from this result, and given the apparent importance you attach to facts, peddling that argument is a surprising development and not one I expected from you.

Nobody knows why those people did not vote, but I'd wager that the list would have included remainers, leavers, don't knows and those who didn't have a clue what the debate was all about. Nor does anyone know in what proportion.

• Awkwardly for you it's the truth https://ukandeu.ac.uk/the-importance-of-non-voters/

Vote Leave knew it which is why they spent that last week using illegal money to target remain voters to get as many as possible not to vote

Blog-Snip-30.06.2022.jpg

The conclusions drawn from this poll are extremely speculative and compare voting results in the referendum with a poll carried out at a later date on whether to stay out or rejoin. The opinion poll also includes all those who were not eligible to vote at the time.

Some people who voted for Brexit now believe the decision to leave was wrong and some remainers now believe it was the right decision and now wish to stay. As such, this poll does not reveal voting intentions on the date of the referendum.

• Well, the fact is, I was referring to the voters. You are parading here your deranged belief that those who didn't vote were against leaving the EU. Where is your justification for that argument? It is wishful thinking on your part, nothing more.

They were, and Tony Blair was one of them. It was widely reported at the time. And remember the so-called 'Ben Act'?

No, it's not, as you well know. I'm not saying they were the only ones either. The Protocol did NOT break the GFA. I'm not surprised that the DUP jumped on that idea as well, because they certainly did.

it does break the GFA. The GFA ensures that NI is governed by the government of their choice, the UK in this instance. The Irish Protocol (and Windsor Framework) put NI in the regulatory orbit of the EU which is governed by EU. So it breaks the GFA.

• Yes, you have a point there!

Of course, I was only referring to border controls on goods, which is not prohibited under the GFA - only the free movement of people is mandatory.

• There is disapproval and then there is dissent. Beyond that, there is borderline-deranged obsession.

I'm hoping Steve's endless comments about this are based in some actual personal circumstances that made him far better off within the EU, because if not I fear the latter. :(

• There is disapproval and then there is dissent. Beyond that, there is borderline-deranged obsession.

I'm hoping Steve's endless comments about this are based in some actual personal circumstances that made him far better off within the EU, because if not I fear the latter. :(

I wouldn't be surprised.

• UK seals partnership with Nigeria to boost trade, investment - The Nation Newspaper
    The Nation Newspaper UK seals partnership with Nigeria to boost trade, investment
    thenationonlineng.net

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/kemi-badenoch-launches-bid-for-three-new-mini-us-trade-deals-in-brexit-election/#:~:text=Exclusive-,Kemi%20Badenoch%20launches%20bid%20for%20three%20new%20mini,deals%20in%20Brexit%20election%20boost&text=Trade%20chief%20Kemi%20Badenoch%20will,a%20pre%2Delection%20Brexit%20boost.

[EXTRACT]

Ministers are kicking off discussions with New York, Colorado and Oregon in the coming weeks, LBC can reveal.

New York's huge £2trillion dollar economy could be opened up to British markets if a deal if signed in the coming months.

In addition to this, a trade deal with India is now imminent. It’s not all bad news, is it?

• https://thenationonlineng.net/uk-seals-partn…ade-investment/

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/kemi-badenoch-launches-bid-for-three-new-mini-us-trade-deals-in-brexit-election/#:~:text=Exclusive-,Kemi%20Badenoch%20launches%20bid%20for%20three%20new%20mini,deals%20in%20Brexit%20election%20boost&text=Trade%20chief%20Kemi%20Badenoch%20will,a%20pre%2Delection%20Brexit%20boost.

[EXTRACT]

Ministers are kicking off discussions with New York, Colorado and Oregon in the coming weeks, LBC can reveal.

New York's huge £2trillion dollar economy could be opened up to British markets if a deal if signed in the coming months.

In addition to this, a trade deal with India is now imminent. It’s not all bad news, is it?

Bonza !

Expect a lot more deregulation from the EU as well on the run up to the election. We should be fully signed up to CPTPP by then too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!