Your Beliefs In A Nutshell

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Well, now the government have decided to lock us all away, I thought this would make a good time killer. I want to know your beliefs in a nutshell, and give you the opportunity to challenge mine. I think this loosely covers everything, but I may have to add to it if I think of something

:- Firstly, I believe there are far to many human beings on the planet, and this is one of the fundamental issues why we have so many of the problems we do. As a civilised society I think it's our responsibility to control not just the quantity, but the quality of human being we have in our society. This can be achieved by issuing permits to people in order they can produce a child. Those people who are massive burden on society should be humanely dispatched. It's a myth that every life is sacred, it isn't.

:- I believe capitalism is the only real system that works, but also believe that this can and should be carried out with compassion

:- I am a passionate animal lover, and believe some of the laws protecting our own specie should relate to theirs.

:- I believe our society is far to liberal. Rights protecting the LGBT and BAME communities have gone to far, and as a result people have been robbed of the right to a freedom of speech.

:- Multiculturalism doesn't just NOT work, I don't believe it actually exists in it's true form.

:- I believe our benefits system is far to generous. People who can work should be given work cleaning streets etc. Those who genuinely can't work should be given a basic life, not a new car every 3 years, or enough money to take foreign holidays.

:- I am fed up with the belief all change has been for the better, it hasn't. Indeed we have experienced changes in technology that have made our lives better, but we have also experienced changes that have made the country a lesser place to live.

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• Can't argue with any of that Bibbles, except your second paragraph. (It's sensible but far too radical and wont work). I'd like to add another belief :- that moral behaviour and decency has declined rapidly and what used to be considered disgusting crimes have become acceptable within certain groups, due to Lefty PC dogma.

The Voice of Reason

• Can't argue with any of that Bibbles, except your second paragraph. (It's sensible but far too radical and wont work). I'd like to add another belief :- that moral behaviour and decency has declined rapidly and what used to be considered disgusting crimes have become acceptable within certain groups, due to Lefty PC dogma.

That is the one regrading animals. I just think it's wrong someone can commit a heinous crime against an animal and get a small fine, or banned from keeping a pet for a year.

• I agree with the OP's list but I would add that I do not believe in a creator or supreme being. Many religions are mind poison.

I am the OP, and don't understand your comment. Like you, I am not religious, and not sure where that came from

• I believe we are heading for another big war and that will balance things back out again. It could be with the Middle East somewhere or with the Chinese or even the Russians. Tension are rising in all them areas. The US have just sold a 60 odd Patriot missiles to Kuwait, we are settling a deal with BAE and helping Japan with their own F-X stealth fighter and the US has just agreed to sell Japan some F35's. At this very moment in time we have a Russian missile destroyer ship and support tanker sitting on the edge of international waters inside the Moray Firth up in Scotland.

If we don't reduce numbers and we keep abusing the planet then nature will spit a volcano or something. Mother nature has given us a few warning shots over the last few years with extreme weather. Hopefully it will be a war that does not involve nukes because that would be pointless. Saying that there is archaeological evidence of previous nuclear weapons on this planet before us. I can see there being a rise of the Nazis again or equivalent power under a different label and attempt to take over the world. It will start with smaller wars kicking off in countries that grows and leads eventually to world war.

Its either that or we will either make ourselves extinct through disease, cancers from plastics and other pollutants or nature will spit a super volcano or something that will make us extinct. We're heading for a reboot and I believe there has been reboots in the past, ancient civilisations before us that where possibly more advanced than we are now and they got wiped out or wiped themselves out. The question is what are we going to leave behind for future historians and archaeologists to find so they can learn and maybe not make the same mistakes.

I honestly think as species we are getting close to breaking point. The planet can't cope with any more of us without either us fighting for survival for limited planetary resources along with overcrowding or nature is going to bite back and put us in our place and show us who is boss. The industrial revolution, commercial greed and capitalism was the turning point that allowed us to grow at such a fast pace. Everything else you mention is irrelevant.

Oh...and there is also the worry of dumbing down. With each new generation we are getting more dumb. We even have dumb leaders now and a population that are like cattle in the herd following dumb leaders. The machines already have more intelligence than us and have taken over and we are all aiding and abetting that.

Keep feeding it. With defence comes tensions and with tensions comes war. We are all recruited into it.

Screen-Shot-2020-11-07-at-07-32-31.jpg

• I agree with much of that, but not all. Indeed, mother nature is getting fed up with how many of us there are, and what we are doing to her planet. The world leaders believe we can handle everything thrown at us, but eventually there is going to be something we can't deal with. Who knows, it may be with us now?

This won't happen, but it's what we need to do. The world population has to reduce, and reduce drastically. If we are going to have less people, we need better people, and I don't mean everyone has to be an academic. We need to respect the planet, and more importantly learn to live with other animals without harming them or their environment. Sorry guys, we also need to look at our diets, if not for us, for the planet. Like I said though, we won't do any of that, we will just continue putting up wind turbines, and putting lithium batteries in cars, in the naïve belief that will sort everything out.

Regards a war. I don't see a war as we know it happening. The powerful nations know full well that the destruction and damage to their own country will be inevitable if they step out of line. We are far to tolerant of Islam, so terrorism is likely to get worse, and who knows, perhaps there maybe some sort of backlash?

• I agree with Bibbles that there is war looming in the near future .China is building up tensions with their neighbours and as predicted are planning to dominate the world. They started with the spread of Covid 19 to weaken, and reduce their enemies

They have been secretive in the way that they have infiltrated other country's IT networks making it easy to disable other country's infostructure. In the event of war

It wont be a conventional war with armies fighting it out on a battlefield.

it will be more clandestine, but equally devastating and the death toll will be enormous.

I also agree that terrorism is on the increase and will continue to do so.

in particular Islamic terrorism. We should be very wary who we allow into our country,

The Voice of Reason

• We need to respect the planet, and more importantly learn to live with other animals without harming them or their environment. Sorry guys, we also need to look at our diets, if not for us, for the planet. Like I said though, we won't do any of that, we will just continue putting up wind turbines, and putting lithium batteries in cars, in the naïve belief that will sort everything out.

And here lays the problem. Why do you think they are concentrating more on wind turbines or removing the damage caused on the planet by replacing it with another product that is damaging the planet like Lithium batteries. It's all down to corporate greed and the drive to earn more money. You can't have you cake and eat so to speak and until we get rid of the power and greed that comes from the corporate establishment and governance, a hierarchical I'm more important and better than you kind of attitude that comes with the money then there will never be peace and humanity on Earth.

It's also the corporate greed that is keeping people alive longer. The medical world is not about humanity not at it's core. It is for the majority of underpaid staff on the ground but not the institution and those that have risen though the ranks to mangers and exec's. It's all about the profit and working with not only the health department to save money and pocket what they can but it's also working and feeding big pharma at that level where government MP's and medical / hospital exec's most likely have personal stocks and shares. More like a laundering service than health. Then there is the arms industry. Oh I could go on and on. The corruption and greed is rife and it's the systems and way of life that is the root of the planets and our problem and will eventually be our ultimate downfall.

Animals are basically another commodity and if we don't kill them for food then we will kill them for vanity with beauty products and other stuff that is marketable for profit. They may even be a by-product in other foods. If you buy a vanilla yogurt from the supermarket there is a good chance that the e number for that flavour comes from the gland's of a beaver anus. Even in so called veggie food, especially the commerciality made pre made meals there's a good chance there are animal by-products in there. It could be something that started out from an animal but then was processed to the point it's no longer considered an animal product and is now some other product so this then gets them around any regulations in place and makes it cheaper for the supermarket to make and profit more from the sales. Mr and Mrs vegi come along and buy the meal because they like all the pretty marketing and message it puts out, they go home eat it and are none of the wiser.

It's the same with all the health foods. Because of the sugar tax supermarkets have other products now that they use to get around that because it's no longer classed as sugar. In reality these products are often worse for us than the sugar. One in particular is being marketed as the new age health food and looks like a honey type substance with a high price tag because it fashionable. And why is there a sugar tax. Because the government realise we are all hooked on this drug and they want a piece of the cake. The supermarkets are now working around it to maximise their profit and not have to give it to the gov.

• And here lays the problem. Why do you think they are concentrating more on wind turbines or removing the damage caused on the planet by replacing it with another product that is damaging the planet like Lithium batteries. It's all down to corporate greed and the drive to earn more money. You can't have you cake and eat so to speak and until we get rid of the power and greed that comes from the corporate establishment and governance, a hierarchical I'm more important and better than you kind of attitude that comes with the money then there will never be peace and humanity on Earth.

It's also the corporate greed that is keeping people alive longer. The medical world is not about humanity not at it's core. It is for the majority of underpaid staff on the ground but not the institution and those that have risen though the ranks to mangers and exec's. It's all about the profit and working with not only the health department to save money and pocket what they can but it's also working and feeding big pharma at that level where government MP's and medical / hospital exec's most likely have personal stocks and shares. More like a laundering service than health. Then there is the arms industry. Oh I could go on and on. The corruption and greed is rife and it's the systems and way of life that is the root of the planets and our problem and will eventually be our ultimate downfall.

Animals are basically another commodity and if we don't kill them for food then we will kill them for vanity with beauty products and other stuff that is marketable for profit. They may even be a by-product in other foods. If you buy a vanilla yogurt from the supermarket there is a good chance that the e number for that flavour comes from the gland's of a beaver anus. Even in so called veggie food, especially the commerciality made pre made meals there's a good chance there are animal by-products in there. It could be something that started out from an animal but then was processed to the point it's no longer considered an animal product and is now some other product so this then gets them around any regulations in place and makes it cheaper for the supermarket to make and profit more from the sales. Mr and Mrs vegi come along and buy the meal because they like all the pretty marketing and message it puts out, they go home eat it and are none of the wiser.

It's the same with all the health foods. Because of the sugar tax supermarkets have other products now that they use to get around that because it's no longer classed as sugar. In reality these products are often worse for us than the sugar. One in particular is being marketed as the new age health food and looks like a honey type substance with a high price tag because it fashionable. And why is there a sugar tax. Because the government realise we are all hooked on this drug and they want a piece of the cake. The supermarkets are now working around it to maximise their profit and not have to give it to the gov.

I appreciate what you say, but I regret that capitalism is the only thing that works. Large companies exist because they make big profits. If they didn't they wouldn't exist. Tax them to highly, and they go elsewhere. These large companies employ lots and lots of people, and we shouldn't forget that. Should the MD earn a hundred times more than any of the full time employees, of course not, but that's something we just have to accept, because in reality we can't legislate against it.

The world population is a massive problem that all governments choose to ignore. They ignore it because any answers to the problem are unpalatable, and go against the liberal values of the west, or any other civilised nation. If the third world countries become more civilised, heaven help us all !!. Meantime, all our decisions and progress will only be short term measures. The good news is that by the time things get really bad you and I will be dead, and even if they do address the issues, Islam will take over the planet anyway.

• If they didn't they wouldn't exist

And what would be so wrong with that. Think of how much better the planet would be which would then have a positive effect on humanity and how we live our life's. So what....people are made unemployed, why would they need to be employed if money did not exist and no bills to pay. You want your garden cleaned up you either do it yourself or you request the services of someone to do it out of the goodness of their heart because they have the time and skills, call it charity if you want, although what we call charity today is mostly not true charity and another form of business and way of making money tax free. Legalised tax evasion, somewhere for companies and super rich to offload cash in donations and evade tax. Those same people, patrons, exec's etc will have tires with the charity to feed the laundered cash back to them, maybe making use of middle men to cover their tracks who get their cut as a charity exec. Why do you think charities are on the increase while the public are all duped my media TV programmes and celebs. Capitalism does not work for the majority and only works for the rich and those in high circles while they live of the debts of everyone else. Capitalism and greed is killing the planet and us as a species. Tear down the local supermarkets and put allotments there for the locals. If you want electrical power then you cycle for it. You can be the dynamo that generates your electric or in your case maybe attach a storage device to your golf club, so with every swing it generates a bit of power LOL

• has it occurred to you that if we had no incentive to do well for ourselves, nobody would bother, You are relying on people to do the right thing. You believe people want to be doctors because they want to help others, rather than to earn £112k a year. I admire your faith in human kind, unfortunately we aren't the lovely compassionate hard working creatures you suppose we are

• Of course we would bother what do you think humans did before the industrial revolution. Even those that are unemployed work, not including the time wasting the DWP put them (and every company that advertises for staff) through before they get their money. The only difference if employed by a company is the majority don't get paid fairly and it's slave labour to feed (profit) someone else outside of their pack and they only get some scraps for doing it. Just enough to keep them hanging on by the skin of their teeth, in other words enslaved to the system. No...we are tribal, we are pack animals and those within the pack look after each other and the pack and that does not happen in the majority of work places especially when the manager is not working for the good of the pack but is working for outsiders in the form of shareholders. That's corporate privatisation for you. The only thing left for the pack animals to do then is to rip off the workplace and kill the pack leader off because they are in direct competition with you and not working for the good of the pack. Much like most politicians. As things stand life is about stealing what you can while you can and f***k everyone else because only I matter. We have built a society on selfish greed and waste. The biggest difference between us and 99.9% other animals on this planet is that other animals only hunt to survive and only take what they need. We hunt for fun. We even encourage it in society and call it sport. Dangle some carrots on a string in the form of marketing and advertising and it turns into a fox hunt.

• Of course we would bother what do you think humans did before the industrial revolution. Even those that are unemployed work, not including the time wasting the DWP put them (and every company that advertises for staff) through before they get their money. The only difference if employed by a company is the majority don't get paid fairly and it's slave labour to feed (profit) someone else outside of their pack and they only get some scraps for doing it. Just enough to keep them hanging on by the skin of their teeth, in other words enslaved to the system. No...we are tribal, we are pack animals and those within the pack look after each other and the pack and that does not happen in the majority of work places especially when the manager is not working for the good of the pack but is working for outsiders in the form of shareholders. That's corporate privatisation for you. The only thing left for the pack animals to do then is to rip off the workplace and kill the pack leader off because they are in direct competition with you and not working for the good of the pack. Much like most politicians. As things stand life is about stealing what you can while you can and f***k everyone else because only I matter. We have built a society on selfish greed and waste. The biggest difference between us and 99.9% other animals on this planet is that other animals only hunt to survive and only take what they need. We hunt for fun. We even encourage it in society and call it sport. Dangle some carrots on a string in the form of marketing and advertising and it turns into a fox hunt.

Your argument barely justifies a reply. I believe it makes sense to euthanize people around the age of 70 because that's what best for society, but I know it will never happen. You believe communism is the way forward, and that won't happen either. Perhaps we just have to accept the status quo

• I believe it makes sense to euthanize people around the age of 70

You may as well give up on that one, Bibbles. It will never happen, and nor should it.

Imagine the ire of all those people when they discover that David Attenborough is in the line for execution under a Bibbles government. You’d be lynched, mate.

I’m sorry, but the whole idea is bonkers.

You might have a point if you say that people in constant pain or with full dementia or otherwise debilitated should be helped out of their misery, but that is controversial enough. I can’t see that happening either, to be frank.

• Why would you kill 70 year old people Bibbles. I know many in that age group who are mountaineers, fell runners, and long distance runners. They are fitter and healthier than many who are 20 years younger.----------- Maybe your ideas should be directed at lazy, obese couch potatoes of any age who are constantly guzzling junk food and are a drain on the NHS resources.

The Voice of Reason

• You believe communism

More like a commune not communism. People are not forced to do anything if they don't want to but then they lose out at some point unless they do something to help others where they can get help in return. A shared responsibility between all, I'll scratch your back you scratch mine.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!