Why is it so important for some people to be able to say "I told you so"?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I have in my past in using internet forums seen it so often where someone will say somthing and when the thing they have predicted happens they will take great joy and pleasure in pointing out that they were right even if what they predicted means some people will suffer or be hurt by what they predicted, they totally ignore that because being able to say they "told you so" is way more important to them, I'm sure some will even sit there willing the things they predicted will happen just so they can say they were right, I should point out that this is just a generalisation and not about anything in particular and also merely an observation of human nature on my part. :/

• It's just showing off Ron, something people are far more cautious about if someone real is actually standing in front of them, rather than posting on the net.

Nice to see you posting again, by the way.:thumbup:8)

• I have in my past in using internet forums seen it so often where someone will say somthing and when the thing they have predicted happens they will take great joy and pleasure in pointing out that they were right even if what they predicted means some people will suffer or be hurt by what they predicted, they totally ignore that because being able to say they "told you so" is way more important to them, I'm sure some will even sit there willing the things they predicted will happen just so they can say they were right, I should point out that this is just a generalisation and not about anything in particular and also merely an observation of human nature on my part. :/

I was going to say that it is always nice to be right, but as I have never been wrong about anything, I wouldn't be the person to ask

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!