The Sovereign Individual

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I know.... I know...... It's a blog by Alistair Campbell and so before all you ardent Brexiters eyes glaze over, at least read this post before you dismiss it without a second thought. How this could have been in the public domain for more than twenty years and not been known about is, quite frankly, stunning.

Yes, it is an Alistair Campbell blog, But this is one hell of a blog and it is worth reading if only because it not only makes sense of Brexit, but it makes sense of WHY we had Brexit, who will profit from it, how they will profit from it, the ideological motivation behind it and the long term strategy it is headed towards.

Everything that has happened was foreseeable, because it was all written down in the 1990's, with staggering levels of accuracy which simply can't be written off as mere chance. The authors of this work knew what they were proposing and they knew where they were going. This wasn't a pie-in-the-sky dream, this was a manifesto.

I now have a copy of this book on order and have already recommended it to a number of politics and journalism students among Rejoin's (growing) numbers. I've already notified the Volt Party * who will be certain to be interested. This is going to blow heads off as it circulates.

We have been so blind to many things. If only this had been available to us in 2016.... well, actually it was, but it was so obscure and unheard of that it seems it completely ducked under the radar. No more.

It's too late to stop Brexit, but the contents of this book will have to be fully understood and combated if, in the long term, we are to overturn it.

* The Volt Party is a pan-European political party, that will fight elections where possible, but is first and foremost intended as a political pressure group. Volt UK is slowly getting going. Not wealthy or organised enough yet to be effective but membership is growing and it is becoming organised.

It is the first party of its kind, not restricted to one country, or indeed, to the EU. It has a Europe wide vision.

Europeans will not allow our vision of what our continent can be to be destroyed by disaster capitalists and hard-right fascists. We've been slow off the mark, and underestimated our opponents. Not any more we won't.

Volt UK

• Well, I managed to make it to the third paragraph of his rantings where he says this:

I am not by nature a conspiracy theorist. However, when you reflect that Brexit is the consequence of a reverse takeover by a tiny but well-funded minority of the Tory Party

Yes, Dear Alistair, Brexit is of course everything to do with the takeover of a political party and nothing to do with how the majority in this country feel and think...:rolleyes:

What a twerp!

• how the majority in this country feel and think

Never ceases to amuse me how anyone can totally disregard the result of the referendum, we get that it was not an overwhelming landslide majority in favour of Brexit but it was still a majority all the same, now either some people are blissfully unaware how democracy works or they are arrogantly ignorant, maybe both. :D

• Remoaners are so bitter that they will latch on to any miss-guided publicity seeking nutter who has an axe to grind. Campbell, otherwise known as Blairs " Liar in Chief " . Will never accept democracy and like many of his kind, does not accept the will of the people..

The Voice of Reason

• My God, what a rant from Alistair Campbell! Is this where Jenny gets it from?

It’s a convoluted way of telling his fans and others who will listen that they should simply ignore votes cast by the British electorate.

Make no mistake, the threat to our democracy and to our very way of life is from the Left. The UK is pretty well the best place to live at the moment, despite its failings, as we’ve seen from the EU hordes, and they want to destroy everything we value. I think most thinking people see through all that.

With Brexit, we should arrive at a situation where we are earning more from global trading (which the Left seem to hate the sound of for some obscure reason) and what we should see is an equitable proportion of that increased wealth filtering down to the rest of us, which will help the poor. Cheaper products from abroad should also help.

I suppose that what the Left are afraid of is that they will lose their voter support if poor people start to see more benefits from Conservative policies. They want to keep their supporters poor, of course, for this very reason.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!