Ungrateful Scrounging Gits

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • I was watching the breakfast TV whilst having a cup if tea this morning, and my wife and I were incensed by the BBC's take on kids FREE food hampers. From what I can gather, parents with children ring a number, and if they qualify are given some food to feed their kids lunch. From the picture supplied this is what they got for two children

2 large potatoes

2 carrots

1 loaf of bread

some cheese

A large tin of baked beans

2 apples

2 bananas

two drinks

In my humble opinion this more than generous, and more food than two kids could hope to eat. I would go as far to say it would probably be enough to feed three or even four people. However, parents were complaining, and even a government official was apologising. So what did they want, caviar, foie gras, and possibly a bottle of Chablis to wash it down? The food they were given was adequately nutritious, reasonably tasty, and as far as quantity is concerned, more than enough. Let us not forget, it is the responsibility for a parent to feed their children, NOT the tax payer. Perhaps if these scrounging gits cut back on their fags and high end mobile phones, they could indeed afford to feed their already obese children. What they want is vouchers, so they can stuff sweets and crisps down the throats of their fat offspring.

I am so bloody angry !!

White lives matter

• It would appear that the food is to last a week according to this.

I understand this is just to replace the free school dinner that the children were entitled to so it's one meal on 5 days of the week.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• It would appear that the food is to last a week according to this.

I understand this is just to replace the free school dinner that the children were entitled to so it's one meal on 5 days of the week.

Aagghh, so that is for one child for 5 days. Still bloody generous, and pretty good for nothing

White lives matter

• Aagghh, so that is for one child for 5 days. Still bloody generous, and pretty good for nothing

I have made sure that your original post (In screen shot format) is now circulating on parent websites, anti-tory websites and a number of other places that I have placed it on. Decent people there are already expressing utter disgust at your sickening level of sub-humanity.

You are the voice of Toryism and what is sickening is that anybody who can talk in that manner, when commenting on the feeding of children actually exists in our society.

Just for information, the contractor co-ordinating this programme is spending only £5 for every £30 given to them for foot, on buying food for children.

No prizes for guessing where the rest of the money is going............

contractors.jpg

I'm sure that Bibbles will approve of tory contractors siphoning off the money for themselves. Anywhere else it would be called "Theft" but I suppose to him it's perfectly acceptable.

• I remember when my kids were at school we aa parents were responsible for feeding them, yes at times it could be hard to make ends meet, but we understood it was our responsibility to feed our children, and if it meant we had to go without certain luxuries we did so without whinging and whining about it, simple truth is if you don't want the responsibility of providing for children don't have them.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• That's great news. If people can afford mobile phones, computers, and broadband to read your posts, I would like to think they could afford to feed their kids. Once again, it's the parents responsibility to feed their kids, not the tax payer. I just wonder how many countries are following the requests of the multi millionaire Marcos Rashford ?

I challenge you to visit the homes of these poor starving children, because I bet you a pound to a penny there are far more obese ones than there are underweight ones . Never mind, I would imagine the smoke fumes from their parents fags will help suppress their appetites !

White lives matter

• I remember when my kids were at school we aa parents were responsible for feeding them, yes at times it could be hard to make ends meet, but we understood it was our responsibility to feed our children, and if it meant we had to go without certain luxuries we did so without whinging and whining about it, simple truth is if you don't want the responsibility of providing for children don't have them.

Thank God, a voice of reason

White lives matter

• Images were shared on twitter. How? No doubt by the expensive fancy iPhone on a new contract.

It's all a matter of priorities.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Some people do indeed seem to have a warped view of what counts as priority when it comes to how they spend money, often putting smoking and drinking higher on the list than food and also having the latest smartphone and games console as well as the most expensive TV and media packages.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• An average child requires between 1000 and 2000 calories a day. Older children and adolescents range more widely, between 1'300 to 3000 per calories per day.

Lunch constitutes a main meal and should provide at least one third of this dietary need and should be made up of half plate of fresh vegetables, a quarter plate of protien (eg: meat or fish), and a quarter plate of starchy food such as potato or pasta.

2 large potatoes

2 carrots

1 loaf of bread

some cheese

A large tin of baked beans

2 apples

2 bananas

two drinks

I defy you to make five meals to the required standard from the ingredients on that list. For a start, there is only provision for 2 meals in starch. 2 carrots won't stretch for five days and the baked beans will provide only a little fibre. The bread can't be used as a starch substitute in a . There is no fresh meat or fish and "some" cheese is an unspecified amount that I suspect wouldn't provide the protein needed.

Only unripe bananas and apples can provide starch. ripened bananas and apples provide carbohydrate in the form of sugars.

This diet would NOT provide anywhere near the minimum of around 2000 - 3000 calories for an average child in lunches for a week, much less the amount required for an older child or adolescent.

These are starvation rations. Inadequate and unbalanced. whichever contractor is providing this as a diet sheet for children should be arrested and charged with child abuse.

You know...... when I was studying at uni, I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't ever work on any research project that involved experimentation on animals. I'd be prepared to make an exception for Bibbles.

An opportunity to dissect that particular animal would be irresistible.

• Well I suspect the purpose of the box is to provide a little extra help not completely feed someone's children for a week, that should still and always should be the responsibility of the child's parents, people need to learn to prioritise and budget their finances better, maybe cut backk on non essentials would be a start.

• More to the point is it right that £30 for each pack should be spent whereas it costs £5 to fill it. So for each pack some tory supporter is pocketing £25 of tax payers money. You can get a healthier more beneficial meal out of an army 24h ratpack than that lot they have put together. For those that live in poverty what is in that box is fantastic because they are in poverty so will be thankful for small mercy's. This does not make it right though and to anyone outside of extreme poverty it does not look substantial at all and really it is quite disgusting that stuff like this becomes normalised and acceptable. Nobody should have to live in poverty and it's nothing to do with budgeting.

So where's the limit and how far do we push people. Maybe if we can't afford to give our citizens living in poverty some food we should get Africa to do a Band Aid charity event for the UK.

xsFlx0F.jpg

• Just teach people in this country to do basic household budgeting and learn what counts a priority and what they actually need to be able to live rather than what they want, that would make all the difference.

• A friend of mine works a t a school where these packs are being handed out. Parents are turning up in their cars to collect them. They can afford to run a car, but they can't afford to feed their kids.

White lives matter

• A friend of mine works a t a school where these packs are being handed out. Parents are turning up in their cars to collect them. They can afford to run a car, but they can't afford to feed their kids.

Bet they all had the latest smartphones too, probably smoking too, and nipping to the supermarket to stock up on booze.

• Bet they all had the latest smartphones too, probably smoking too, and nipping to the supermarket to stock up on booze.

You can bet your house on it. I just wonder how many other countries are doing the same, or do they believe a child is the responsibility of it's parents?

White lives matter

• More fascist rants from the sites star Nazis.

Unfortunately, Brexit has enabled Nazis like the ones on here. They stereotype people as "scrounging gits" and yet know nothing of them. Of course, they're alright. They are probably quite well off and comfortable and care nothing for human life.

Of course, they will be delighted to read that children will go hungry during the next school holiday. Perhaps some of them might die..!! That would be an added bonus which would have them franticallymasturbating into their favourite Winston Churchill teatowel.

Schools In England Told Not To provide Free Meals For Children.

It is true that some parents claiming the meals have mobile phones and some have cars. It hasn't occurred to the Nazis (or it may have done and they they're ignoring it because it doesn't pander to their prejudices to admit it) that those people were once in better circumstances and bought their car then..!! When I was a hungry student, my father bought me a mobile phone (and I did have a part time job too).

Poor people haven't always necessarily been poor. One parent of a boy at my school has a very smart IPhone. She did indeed buy it when she was working. But as swish and expensive looking as it is, she now doesn't run it on a tariff. She now has the cheapest PAYG tariff and restricts herself to £5 a month. Of course, the fact that she owns such a thing would be cast iron evidence to the Nazis that she's a crack addicted prostitute selling her child's food parcels to buy cocaine to stuff up her nose.

This is the politics of the right wing. Demonise minority groups. Demonise those least able to fight back. And anybody who doesn't work...... that is, anybody who isn't providing the labour that makes a profit for the big business....... is a sub human that the world would be better off without.

Yes..... you're right. Nazis indeed.

• There are several issues to discuss. I don't believe Brexit has had any influence on my thinking. I didn't like scrounging bastards before Brexit, and my mind hasn't changed since. I appreciate there are a SMALL % of people who worked hard and then fell on hard times. I would be more than happy to see a benefits system based on previous contributions (like any other insurance policy), that way those who have put in can justifiably take out. From memory Maggie started such a system, but I Think John Major removed it when he got in power. We all know the majority of people I refer to are life long scroungers. As far as I am concerned these people don't deserve anything, as they are nothing more than stinking leeches. Of course, their brats will turn up to be the same.

Finally, we don't have poor people in this country, we just have people with less money. If you want to witness poverty, look at other countries. Everyone in this country is given a chance, we just have to work hard and take our opportunities. I came from an unbelievably poor background, but my father worked hard and ended up reaping the benefits. I wasn't the cleverest child at school, yet hard work allowed me to eventually retire early and have a good life. I wasn't handed opportunities, I just took them. Knowing anyone can do as I did, has formed my opinions of the lazy and feckless. If it wasn't for the lefty liberal attitudes we have in tis country, we wouldn't have these scumbags.

White lives matter

• out2grass and Jennyanydots Do not accuse any members of being Nazis just because they disagree with you.

Play the ball, not the man. Repetition will result in infractions.

4312-gwban-gif

• Post by Jennyanydots ().

This post was deleted by Horizon: Off topic and/or insulting ().
  • For the record despite the assumption by some that I am quite well off, I wish I was, but unfortunately I speak from experience of struggling to make ends meet, but as I have already said I didn't whine or whinge about it I instead used common sense and survived by Prioritising needs instead of wants, went without the luxury of unessercery material things, put feeding myself and my family ahead of things I didn't need, I pride myself on being able to budget on a low income and still don't spend beyond what I can get by on, rather than that of excess and greed like some people do.

• For the record despite the assumption by some that I am quite well off, I wish I was, but unfortunately I speak from experience of struggling to make ends meet, but as I have already said I didn't whine or whinge about it I instead used common sense and survived by Prioritising needs instead of wants, went without the luxury of unessercery material things, put feeding myself and my family ahead of things I didn't need, I pride myself on being able to budget on a low income and still don't spend beyond what I can get by on, rather than that of excess and greed like some people do.

Ahhhhhh, but there you have it. Nobody mentioned you by name. Read the post.

You seem to set yourself as a template for everybody. "I did it so everybody can". But society doesn't work like that. Different people are in different situations. Levels of poverty vary. Some people have children with special needs and in the current climate, get very little support. What you call "prioritising needs vs wants" may well be vastly different to somebody elses description of the term.

Everybody is an individual.

But to advocate the deliberate and wilful deprivation of food to children, just because you did something different, perhaps many years ago before austerity, and before dreadful changes to social welfare such as the monumental balls up that is Universal Credit, doesn't mean the same thing can be done in all instances today.

Try something new today: How's this for a suggestion: Try to Empathise. Try to imagine that you can feel for and understand somebody else's circumstances.

Or put it like this: The amount of money needed to feed all the children needing food is approximately 1.4% of the amount that the City of London lost on the first day of post Brexit trading. That amount was shrugged off by the Exchequer as "a very small amount".

So............ if that amount was "very small".... what description would you give to a mere 1.4% of those losses..? And if it's that small, then surely it's not too much to feed hungry kids.

• Post by Bibbles ().

• I stand by what I said, I'm a realist, worry about the things you can change not about the things you can't, I also didn't mention anyone by name, fact is you can't teach common sense. I also don't need to make boring novel like wall of text rants to make my point.

• Post by Jennyanydots ().

• The thing is I'm not suggesting anyone has to learn quantum physics, just learn how to budget their finances better and understand the difference between what they need and what they want not too much to ask surely, I'm not talking about taking thier benefits away just learn how to manage them better.

• The thing is I'm not suggesting anyone has to learn quantum physics, just learn how to budget their finances better and understand the difference between what they need and what they want not too much to ask surely, I'm not talking about taking thier benefits away just learn how to manage them better.

Even better Ron, how about we have some decent journalism for once.

If the parents do not have enough money for their children's food, then why not? Presumably they get child benefit on top of other benefits, but perhaps they don't. I don't know, do you?

We need to know these things first, before passing judgment.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

And very sound practices they are too. Everybody should be able to balance a family budget, but a number of factors come into play and it's impossible to tarnish everybody with such a sweeping, broad brush as branding them feckless, and then suggesting... or rather in Bibbles case, demanding........ that the way to deal with it is to starve their kids.

The children are not to blame for their predicament.

• Even better Ron, how about we have some decent journalism for once.

If the parents do not have enough money for their children's food, then why not? Presumably they get child benefit on top of other benefits, but perhaps they don't. I don't know, do you?

We need to know these things first, before passing judgment.

It cant all be blamed on bad journalism, some of these people do actually exist, not everyone is irresponsible with money but some are, I've actually seen that.