Death in Paradise.

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • Death in Paradise is a series I quite enjoy ever since the first season with Ben Miller playing the main character, I know the subject matter of a murder is quite grim but the humour they inject into the series makes it enjoyable to watch and the location it is filmed on Guadalupe is gorgeous to say the least, different actors have come on gone as the main character after Ben Miller left it was Kriss Marshall that took over then Ardal O'Hanlan, and now the in the present series its Ralf Little.

Death in Paradise (TV series) - Wikipedia

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• These series leave me cold. Father Brown...... Death in Paradise..... Midsomer Massacres.... all exactly the same, with the same plots and sub plots regurgitated over and over. Only the settings and the names of the sleuths change.

Agatha Christie once said "give me a decent bottle of poison and I'll give you a hundred perfect murders." What she meant was that you can weave the same story a hundred times by just changing a few minor points (see my comments about the Butterfly Effect on Ron's thread about changing one thing in life).

As in everything..... what happens in these television investigations bears no resemblance to real life. Which I suppose is the whole point........... they're a distraction... entertainment for the masses to take our minds off the godawful reality of trying to thrive and survive in the world.

I guess it's like everything else. You pays your money you makes your choice.

• As in everything..... what happens in these television investigations bears no resemblance to real life. Which I suppose is the whole point........... they're a distraction... entertainment for the masses to take our minds off the godawful reality of trying to thrive and survive in the world.

You say that like its a bad thing, I however see it as a positive thing.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Staff Notice

I liked the early series for its humour rather than the story lines, to be honest! That's why when the central character (who was the hapless detective who couldn't fit very well into his new environment) left the series, there was nothing left in it for me.

• I liked the early series for its humour rather than the story lines, to be honest! That's why when the central character (who was the hapless detective who couldn't fit very well into his new environment) left the series, there was nothing left in it for me.

They have kind of kept that aspect each of the replacement detectives have not always fitted in, and for me the appeal is the humour, as well as the location too which is the escapism aspect for me, I watch it to be entertained not educated so who cares if its not realistic, it has the aspects of a classic whodunnit detective drama, you have the murder, the list of suspects, the investigation and then the gathering the suspects together with the detective explaining how it was done and then the reveal of whodunnit.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!