Meghan Markle and Prince Harry won't return to Royal Family - Queen strips all patronages.

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • There is also a picture of Hitler with Jessie Owens and Hitler is laughing, with picture as with everything its the context of that picture that makes the difference, I bet if we trawled the internet for pictures of Hitler with different people we could find loads, being with someone in a picture doesn't mean a lot in itself.

PS. I find the fact that Jessie owns pissed Hitler off big time in that Olympics, hilarious. :D

I'm with you on that one, mate.

Yes.... quite agree there are many pictures of many things and we can all read into them what we want to. Good point well made.

Old Boy said: "Britain will have a trade deal with USA by the end of this year".

• Why on Earth would I check to see if someone I thought was white was mixed race?

Sarcasm doesn't help you successfully get your message across.

• The question is. Is Harry really a member of the Royal Family.???? If not why is he at the funeral? We know his mother was Dianna but who was his real father.? He may not be even related to Prince Philip..

• The question is. Is Harry really a member of the Royal Family.???? If not why is he at the funeral? We know his mother was Dianna but who was his real father.? He may not be even related to Prince Philip..

Errr..... his mother was Diana (only one 'n') and at the time of his birth she was the Duke of Edinburgh's daughter in law so regardless of his paternity, he is related - at least in law.

And besides that, if the Queen says it's alright for Prince Henry to attend he can do so. I'm sure she doesn't need your approval to invite anybody she damned well likes.

Know your place, prole.

Old Boy said: "Britain will have a trade deal with USA by the end of this year".

• Prince Henry

LOL Yeh even if Charles is not his dad, Phillip is still his Grandad, maybe not genetically but by association. It is weird though that he's ginger but I'm sure there is something in genetics that can randomly produce an oddball ginger in families and he is certainly an oddball.

So who's going to bore themselves to death watching all this on the box tomorrow. I think they should have hired in those dancing Black guys from the covid funeral on tick toc to carry his coffin. That would be highly entertaining seeing as it's a TV show. Where they in a commonwealth country too, which kind of seems appropriate. Phillip would see the funny side of that and laugh from his coffin. LOL

On a more serious note I wonder if we will see a tear from the Queen We've only ever seen that once and that was when they got rid of the Royal Yacht Britannia. I have to admit it would be nice to see her show some emotion but then again funerals should be a celebration of life and safe journey rather than doom and gloom.

• Seems appropriate. ^^

According to the article: In Japanese, the sound of the word 'Sussex' sounds like "having sexual activity".

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• It's the Queens Birthday today but Harry flew back to the States Yesterday. Either something has gone down in conversation there between him and his dad and / or brother or he's just a selfish little prick. The Queen is 95 years old today and has only just lost her husband of over 70 years. Surly one more day in the UK to spend some time with his elderly grandmother wouldn't be much to ask. It could be the last time she gets to see him, and in all seriousness the situation must be deeply upsetting for her as elderly old woman so if he could just put on a brave face and make it look like all is OK between him and his dad / brother then it could prolong her life. One less worry.

• It always makes me wonder how all this what seems insider knowledge come to light and appears in the media about who said what to who, is there some blabber mouth within the royal staff ear wagging conversations between the royals and then running to the media, I mean are they allowed to do that, seems highly unlikely they are. 🤔

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Seems appropriate. ^^

According to the article: In Japanese, the sound of the word 'Sussex' sounds like "having sexual activity".

It's the Queens Birthday today but Harry flew back to the States Yesterday. Either something has gone down in conversation there between him and his dad and / or brother or he's just a selfish little prick. The Queen is 95 years old today and has only just lost her husband of over 70 years. Surly one more day in the UK to spend some time with his elderly grandmother wouldn't be much to ask. It could be the last time she gets to see him, and in all seriousness the situation must be deeply upsetting for her as elderly old woman so if he could just put on a brave face and make it look like all is OK between him and his dad / brother then it could prolong her life. One less worry.

Good Post Nora. :thumbup:

• It's the Queens Birthday today but Harry flew back to the States Yesterday. Either something has gone down in conversation there between him and his dad and / or brother or he's just a selfish little prick. The Queen is 95 years old today and has only just lost her husband of over 70 years. Surly one more day in the UK to spend some time with his elderly grandmother wouldn't be much to ask. It could be the last time she gets to see him, and in all seriousness the situation must be deeply upsetting for her as elderly old woman so if he could just put on a brave face and make it look like all is OK between him and his dad / brother then it could prolong her life. One less worry.

I think a lot of people....... including some republicans........ are feeling a tremendous amount of sympathy for the Queen at this time. It is clear that she and Philip were utterly devoted to each other and this will be the first birthday since her 21st that he hasn't been there to celebrate with her.

Back then, she was in South Africa and all her focus was on what she was going to say in her speech to the Empire. Today, there are no words that can express the grief she must be suffering.

Harry...? I don't know...... When we saw a part of the funeral service, wife wondered if being there, among his kin and without Meghan, he was feeling regret for the way he's behaved and would turn back time if he could. Well, perhaps such a thought did cross his mind, but it's too late for that now. Nobody can turn back time (not even Cher) and he has to endure the consequences of his folly.

He could have stayed for one more day to be with his grandmother. I'm sure she would have appreciated it even if everybody else wanted to see the back of him. He could have brazened out just one more day. For her.

He couldn't even find that within himself.

• The Queen is in a bubble with her household staff I don’t think there is room for anyone else much less wayward grandsons.

• The Queen is in a bubble with her household staff I don’t think there is room for anyone else much less wayward grandsons.

What an odd comment.

Do you think she never talks to anybody but the servants..?

• Of course she does she speaks to her family by zoom, but we are in a pandemic and they are sticking to pandemic rules they are not going to have a birthday party ..The closest people to her ARE her servants .

• It always makes me wonder how all this what seems insider knowledge come to light and appears in the media about who said what to who, is there some blabber mouth within the royal staff ear wagging conversations between the royals and then running to the media, I mean are they allowed to do that, seems highly unlikely they are. 🤔

Don't forget they have their own press release. It is always possible for leaks which could come from numerous places. How many people knew about Harry's flight. Security services, Police, British Airways to name a few. It could have even been leaked from the other side of the pond. Meghan may have posted something on social media or to friends on Facebook about hubby coming home. Facebook is insecure and there all the Facebook staff that can read posts and hackers and intelligence services. She may have even told the house cleaner or gardener or someone in passing conversation.

• Don't forget they have their own press release. It is always possible for leaks which could come from numerous places. How many people knew about Harry's flight. Security services, Police, British Airways to name a few. It could have even been leaked from the other side of the pond. Meghan may have posted something on social media or to friends on Facebook about hubby coming home. Facebook is insecure and there all the Facebook staff that can read posts and hackers and intelligence services. She may have even told the house cleaner or gardener or someone in passing conversation.

Yes and lets not forget the media themselves are not adverse to employing hackers themselves to obtain the private and personal comments of who they deem to be of interest to the public. ;)

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Of course she does she speaks to her family by zoom, but we are in a pandemic and they are sticking to pandemic rules they are not going to have a birthday party ..The closest people to her ARE her servants .

Who said anything about a party...??

OK...... Imagine this: Harry has flown from California to UK to attend his grandfather's funeral. I think we can both agree on that much. Harry knows that it will be his grandmother's birthday just a few days after. When he came across it was his stated intention to be with her for her birthday. He then flies back to America before the birthday. That's pretty much the way I understand the chronology of this.

Now... I don't pretend to have any especial knowledge of who the Queen talks to and who she doesn't. I can confirm that I'm not on her Facebook buddies list so I'm not going to sit here telling other people who she confides in.

My comment merely said that I thought it was a shame that Harry, having said he would stay to wish the Queen a happy birthday in person before flying back to California, didn't.

Nothing was said about a party.

I don't know about you, but if I were in London visiting my family, and it was to be my mum's* birthday the next day, and I had said I'd be there, then I wouldn't bug out the day before.

Here is the comment itself, just to save you the difficult task of scrolling back half a page to remind yourself of what was said.

He could have stayed for one more day to be with his grandmother. I'm sure she would have appreciated it even if everybody else wanted to see the back of him. He could have brazened out just one more day. For her.

And yes........ he could have stayed one more day. He'd been in contact with everybody for the entire weekend (It was all over the TV so I think I can safely say that). It would be extremely unlikely that, within Buck House or Windsor Castle or wherever she is residing right now (Phew.... covering the bases on this to head off further nit picking is a pain) that he would contract any nasty bugs. He has to go into self-isolation back in the States anyway. And if he brought it here with him, then he'll have already passed it on though contact at the funeral. And besides that, I'm sure the Royals are tested frequently already (FFS..... how many more bases have I got to cover...?)

No party. No state ceremonial occasion (that comes at Horseguards Parade in June). No royal walkabouts. Nothing of the sort. Just a simple human expression of affection by a grandson to a revered grandmother who is going through a personal hell right now.

Get it..?

Phew....!!!

*My grandparents are all dead so please don't nit-pick over this or that relative.

• So you don’t know the Queen and are not her Facebook buddy but you are ‘sure ‘ she would have appreciated her grandson ( who has rubbished the family and her entire country ) wishing her happy birthday .

One thing the Queen is not and that is senile .

She knows exactly what he’s done and probaby couldn’t care less if he wishes her happy birthday or not .

There are such things as birthday cards I am sure Meghan has popped an insincere one in the post already .

If her grandson has had a big more affection for the grandmother he ‘reveres ‘ he wouldn’t have given a stupid Oprah interview while his grandfather lay dying .

• One thing the Queen is not and that is senile .

She knows exactly what he’s done and probaby couldn’t care less if he wishes her happy birthday or not .

She is a very smart and mentally strong woman. I do believe she is capable of separating work from family life. Family members especially grandparents can be terribly forgiving. But at the end of the day we don't now what goes on behind closed doors.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!