Ron's thoughts on the world, human race and other random waffle!

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • And the best thing about sarcasm is the Britishness of it, a lot of other nationalities just don't get it and when it is used they just stand looking completely baffled by it or it goes completely over their heads. 🤣

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• And the best thing about sarcasm is the Britishness of it, a lot of other nationalities just don't get it and when it is used they just stand looking completely baffled by it or it goes completely over their heads. 🤣

Norwegians have a similar problem with us. They like to make joke comments with a dead pan face. So you might go to get in a lift and a Norwegian will say "You will need to give me 5 euros to come in here" dead pan. I've been caught a few times in the past by their humour.

I am the one in ten a number on a list

I am the one in ten even though I don't exist

Nobody Knows me though I'm always there

A statistical reminder of a world that doesn't care

I'm the murderer and the victim the license with the gun

I'm a sad and bruised old lady in an ally in a slum

I'm a middle aged businessman with chronic heart disease

I'm another teenage suicide whose life ended at 13

• Oh No !!! The Remoaners and the Marxists have already taken that route and see what it's done to them.. :P

You forgot to mention Muslims, I'm sure you could Muslims in there somewhere, Ooh and LGBT. Must be a way of labelling them as all the same too.

• You forgot to mention Muslims, I'm sure you could Muslims in there somewhere, Ooh and LGBT. Must be a way of labelling them as all the same too.

Don't need to Zany --- You are doing a good job of denigrating those two groups yourself. :P :P :P :P :P

• Don't need to Zany --- You are doing a good job of denigrating those two groups yourself. :P :P :P :P :P

Just joshing really. But us lefties are not produced from a mould you know.

• Good job we don't have any yanks here then, isn't it? ^^

The majority of yanks just don't get anything what they don't consider as being American, it like the world begins and ends at the American border. :D

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

Edited once, last by Ron Manager ().

• It never surprises me the amount of people I see sat there smoking tobacco or whatever and drinking alcohol while complaining they have no money for food and heating. :/

• Yanks with a capital W :P The US are as thick as shit and we are sadly closely following them. They are another invasive force taking out other countries and passing on their stupidity disease. You just have to look at the majority of comments on YouTube and Twitter to see they are mostly in the US. We will even import their crap like the BLM movement. It's the same on other parts of the Internet and we are all feeding them. They basically run the Internet and the rest of the world via their big tech companies who help to keep the people dumbed down.

FFS they can't even spell colour and are also taking out our language in favour of theirs. Indoctrination to the American way. Respect to the Afghans who didn't want a McDonald's and Starbucks on every corner and gave them a beating. They where not prepared to be indoctrinated to the American way. On a deeper level the US are like the new Nazi Germany and are full of them interbed into the country via all the Germans imported after the war including the 1500 or so Nazi scientists and bio weapon experts. Look into Plum Island to see the depths they will go to which has now moved to Kansas right in the middle of the food chain. How many sons and daughters of Nazi's are now part of the Neo-Natzi movement over there and systematic inbred racism which is spreading here and to other countries.

• It never surprises me the amount of people I see sat there smoking tobacco or whatever

And once they have finished they put on a face covering because they don't want to breath in anything nasty

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• The changing slang vocabulary, if you want to appear street you have to learn the current slang vocabulary.

Whereas the police force were call "coppers", and then "pigs" the modern version is "the feds"

and your friend is no longer called "your mate" they are instead "bro"

things are no longer "good" they are "peng"

You must also talk in some kind of faux Jamaican gangsta patois ending every sentence with the word "einit"

You may of course sound like a complete moron to the people over a certain age but rest assured to the streetwise gangsta types you will be revered and held in high esteem, which I'm sure means a lot to some.

:D 8o ;)

• It’s amazing how language morph’s with time. If we went back a few centuries we would not be understood because the spoken language hath changed.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• One needs to be careful how much it changes and into what it changes and one needs to be especially careful of doing something to a Mother tongue so it isn't recognised by the people who created it. If slang is to be the vehicle for that transformation then it may be time that Mother Tongue speakers got their act back together :evil:

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• You forgot 'sick'. It's where words change their meaning where we run into problems. And what happens when a derogatory word also has alternative genuine meaning. Do we start fining and arresting people for opening their mouth. It's another form of control and taking peoples right to free speech away that is happening these days. All people will do is change the word to mean the same thing.

• Yes, "sick" has bothered me for some time. Pity it wasn't rejected but if it's cool and everyone's doing it, the habit sticks and the meaning changes, or expands. Beautiful, nice, good and amazing all become "sick". But the definition of "sick" remains, so now everything that is genuinely "sick" is related to the opposite.

• The English language is an amazing thing, so what is wrong with speaking it properly why do people degenerate it into unintelligible meaningless nonsense just to appear cool, anyway I'm of the opinion that if you say or have to try to be cool then that's not cool. :P

• The other problem is this insertion of "like" into everything to the point where some people can no longer make themselves intelligible.

"I was like sitting in a like park and like you know what I mean suddenly there was this like big shadow and a like huge bird crapped on my head and I was like whoa this is like gross and I needed to like get away but my feet were like stuck to the ground and I was Ew how like disgusting. After that I was like super careful not to like get into any open spaces where things like that could like happen again."

:rolleyes:

• The other problem is this insertion of "like" into everything to the point where some people can no longer make themselves intelligible.

"I was like sitting in a like park and like you know what I mean suddenly there was this like big shadow and a like huge bird crapped on my head and I was like whoa this is like gross and I needed to like get away but my feet were like stuck to the ground and I was Ew how like disgusting. After that I was like super careful not to like get into any open spaces where things like that could like happen again."

:rolleyes:

Right on, bro, you got that ting! Ah, you're so sick, man, I love you - you know what I mean, tho.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!