Ron's thoughts on the world, human race and other random waffle!

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • I've been around on this planet for 56 years or so, while I don't claim to be an expert on anything in particular, I have observed all kinds of weird wonderful and somewhat mundane stuff going on, so thought why not start a thread about it, some of which, well in fact most of it will be nothing serious, so don't take it as such, in fact it will be nothing more than my opinion and that's worth exactly what you paid for it, and there is a lot of truth in the saying opinions are like arseholes everyone has got one, anyway that's the introduction over with, I will add to this thread as and when I think or see something that takes my interest, but that's it for now. 😎

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

Edited 2 times, last by Ron Manager: Typos caused by my infernal mobile phone! ().

• Official Post

Well Ron, to encourage you a little with your waffles (do you like sweet or savoury stuff on them :)) I'll pin your thread for a bit.

PS: Why not revive your soap thread too, it's still there? I prune lots of old threads, but some will always stay here. 8)

• I was always told speak the truth and shame the devil, also speak my mind, well I try to do both, but it seems that upsets some, I think that says more about them than it does me.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Well Ron, to encourage you a little with your waffles (do you like sweet or savoury stuff on them :)) I'll pin your thread for a bit.

PS: Why not revive your soap thread too, it's still there. I prune lots of old threads, but some will always stay here. 8)

I actually prefer pancakes rather than waffles, and I'm kind of traditional with them just liking sugar and lemon on them.

• I was always told speak the truth and shame the devil, also speak my mind, well I try to do both, but it seems that upsets some, I think that says more about them than it does me.

Now you're using my old lines. ^^

We should all speak the truth all the time. It shouldn't be something that one considers to be an especially honourable personality trait. That would only be the case in a generally dishonest society........... Oh.... wait a minute.....

• I actually prefer pancakes rather than waffles, and I'm kind of traditional with them just liking sugar and lemon on them.

Yeah, I agree with the pancakes and lemon, but it has to be proper squeezed lemon juice, not that yukky Jif stuff.

• So its claimed that we have or want free speech, and people will go to great lengths to drum home that message as often as they can, but then we get the bedwetting cry baby snowflakes going around whinging and whining because they don't like something someone is doing or saying and bleating on about political correctness and all that, going on about how people are being whatever-ist or something-phobic, by far the worst are the offence takers by proxy what's being said or done is not against them but they self-appoint themselves as the spokesperson of those that might be offended without even asking if they are in most cases.

So do we really have free speech if we can only say or do something as long as it doesn't offend anyone.

And on the subject of words either said or written, I was always told "Sticks and stones will break my bones but names/words will never hurt me." But then we get the saying "The pen is mightier than the sword." or something like that which kind of suggest that words are harmful, which begs the question has anyone ever died from a word being written about them, cant say I have ever heard of any cases of that whereas on the other hand quite a few have died from a sword being used against them. :/

• I agree that physical assault against anyone for whatever the reason should not be tolerated. But all this Wokery crap by the loony left Snowflakes trying to stop people talking about life is an indication of how ingrained communist ideology has become among people who are not right in the head.

• I agree that physical assault against anyone for whatever the reason should not be tolerated. But all this Wokery crap by the loony left Snowflakes trying to stop people talking about life is an indication of how ingrained communist ideology has become among people who are not right in the head.

Well yes physical violence is not the answer and anyone who feels they need to use it in a argument has already lost the argument.

• Official Post

Now you're using my old lines. ^^

We should all speak the truth all the time. It shouldn't be something that one considers to be an especially honourable personality trait. That would only be the case in a generally dishonest society........... Oh.... wait a minute.....

I will believe that when you stop referring to moderate Conservatives as right wing extremists and Nazis.

• When it comes to food I consider myself a true omnivore in that I will eat meat, seafood, fruit, vegetables and nuts etc, but when vegetarians and especially vegans talk about people who eat any meat products they tend to refer to them as carnivores, but that would mean they only eat meat which very few if any people actually do.

I have no problem with any one who chooses to be vegetarian or vegan, and I certainly wouldn't try to convert them into eating meat etc, so why is it that some vegetarian and vegans think they can try to convert others to be the same, the way I see it is you pays your money and makes your choice. 🤔

• What is it with the constant need of some to label themselves and others, we have the "class" thing working, middle and upper, the political thing left wing, centre or right wing etc and the generation thing baby boomer, millennial or generation z etc, I guess its the wanting to belong and fit in somewhere need that some people have.

I don't have the need to want to label myself, I'm happy to be what I am whatever that is. 8)

• To paraphrase a popular song, "Religion what is it good for?", but maybe I'm being a little harsh, but why settle for believing in only one god, the ancient Egyptians, Greeks, Romans and the norse had several, one each for everything more or less and they weren't stupid.

If God exists why not santa and the Easter bunny too, not forgetting the tooth fairy while we are at it. 🤔

• which begs the question has anyone ever died from a word being written about them, . :/

There's always the novelty death warrant.

novelty-death-warrant.jpg

Of course, there are some on here who would love them (death warrants of the non-novelty kind) to become a reality again.

I kinda figure signing a piece of paper that puts somebody to death counts as "A word being written about them".

• But its not the actual words that kill is it. 🤣

• But its not the actual words that kill is it. 🤣

I figure the act wouldn't happen without the words. The words may not pull the trigger, but they do load the bullets.

Look up "Cause and Effect".

• I figure the act wouldn't happen without the words. The words may not pull the trigger, but they do load the bullets.

Look up "Cause and Effect".

You seem to be crediting what I post on this thread with far too much seriousness, when it actually doesn't deserve it, 🤣

• You seem to be crediting what I post on this thread with far too much seriousness, when it actually doesn't deserve it, 🤣

I take it as written.

I will believe that when you stop referring to moderate Conservatives as right wing extremists and Nazis.

You write the sort of things you do, you have to expect to be called out for it.

You are by no stretch of the imagination any sort of "moderate".

[HY Mod edit] Offensive comment removed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!