Ron's thoughts on the world, human race and other random waffle!

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
    • Official Post

What sort of comments? I've never written anything that's classed as 'extreme'.

If you are referring to my support for Brexit, this was voted for by the majority of people in this country, and so by definition, how can this be classed as 'extreme'?

If you are looking for a good discussion on this subject, you need to open up to alternative views. No-one is trying to convert you, but it is good to hear opposite points of views to continually challenge what you think.

Revert to name-calling and you've well and truly lost the argument.

• Official Post

Revert to name-calling and you've well and truly lost the argument.

Plus, throwing insults around as she keeps doing will ultimately get her banned. Talking of which:

@Jennyanydots you've been warned about this before, several times, but i'ts against the guidelines of this site to use personal insults especially when you are calling people nazis. Take a break until Saturday and if you come back, respect our guidelines and other members or leave. Your choice. My patience with you has evaporated.

ALL, the guidelines are linked to at the top of each page and just had a update a few days ago. Please refresh yourselves of them!

• So the easing of covid restrictions are beginning, somewhat mixed feelings about this, ok it will be nice to have places opening up so we have got places to go and people to see, unless its places or people you would rather not go to or see, also social distancing had it advantages too, in that it encouraged the more fragrant people not to get quite so close to others, because there are some very stinky people around and me working in a face to face retail environment, I met quite a few for who maybe personal hygiene was not a priority and unfortunately good customer service doesn't allow you to point that out to them. <X

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Sticks and stones will break my bones but names/words will never hurt me

I stand by this :thumbup: I tried to call a corner shop by it's more traditional name the other day on here and it was blacklisted. Oh gawd is blacklisted allowed. Personally I couldn't care less and say what I want to say whenever I want to say it. As long as I have mouth I will continue to do so. So when there are blacklists I think we can consider free speech is no longer. The problem here it that responsibility has been put onto to others to become police. Slave labour with the threat of fines or worse. It's like a modern day being press gang.

but the haemoglobin isn't quite where it should be.

How would you know. Haemoglobin is just a transport system for bicarbonates which the blood cells attach to and get released when they get to the right stop. The only problem is when they forget to ring the bell and miss their stop.

• Official Post

I tried to call a corner shop by it's more traditional name the other day on here and it was blacklisted

If its what I assume it is, then yes. Racist terms are not allowed here and will be blocked either by the software or staff :!:

Personally I couldn't care less and say what I want to say whenever I want to say it. As long as I have mouth I will continue to do so. So when there are blacklists I think we can consider free speech is no longer. The problem here it that responsibility has been put onto to others to become police. Slave labour with the threat of fines or worse. It's like a modern day being press gang.

Unless we get a free speech law, sites have to protect themselves and cannot break the law. Please do nothing here to put this site at risk. Thank you.

• What can we call a implement for digging a hole in our garden these days, are we still allowed to call it a "spade"? :/

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• are we still allowed to call it a "spade"?

It's ridiculous because we can come up with alternative meanings for much of the English Language. And while on Gardening tools what about hoe to use an American term who have butchered most of our language trying to Americanise everything.

• Official Post

What can we call a implement for digging a hole in our garden these days, are we still allowed to call it a "spade"? :/

If you use words in their correct context, it should not be a problem. Best just to use common sense and try to avoid offence in this difficult area. If in doubt, don’t, is a good way of proceeding.

• Terminology has become a minefield with minorities taking offence when words of the English language are hijacked by them then no-body else is allowed to use those words.

A tasty English meat dish has always been called faggots The recipe for which is included in this link :- https://www.thespruceeats.com/…ish-faggots-recipe-435283

Are people still allowed to still call them faggots ?.

What about the slang word for cigarette "fag".

Also there was a time when the word "gay" was used as a expression for being happy.

• Official Post

Terminology has become a minefield with minorities taking offence when words of the English language are hijacked by them then no-body else is allowed to use those words.

A tasty English meat dish has always been called faggots The recipe for which is included in this link :- https://www.thespruceeats.com/…ish-faggots-recipe-435283

Are people still allowed to still call them faggots ?.

Of course. That is what they are. But call somebody that, and it is unacceptable.

Context is everything.

• Official Post

Sites that use an American swear filter usually ban that word. An alternative spelling of f@ggots when referring to the meaty treat is usually acceptable.

Context is everything.

Indeed.

• Its such a minefield these days of what you can and cant say, seems like they are trying to kill off language and proper conversation before long only text speak and emojis will be allowed. =O  :D

• Its such a minefield these days of what you can and cant say, seems like they are trying to kill off language and proper conversation before long only text speak and emojis will be allowed. =O  :D

I've often wondered why the range of descriptive words for homosexuals is a no no, yet gay is regarded as legit.

• I've often wondered why the range of descriptive words for homosexuals is a no no, yet gay is regarded as legit.

Its kind of like the "n" word and what that is associated with, wrong if they called it by others but ok if they call each other it, they claim its taking possession of it from those that persecute them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!