Ron's thoughts on the world, human race and other random waffle!

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • I've been around on this planet for 56 years or so, while I don't claim to be an expert on anything in particular, I have observed all kinds of weird wonderful and somewhat mundane stuff going on, so thought why not start a thread about it, some of which, well in fact most of it will be nothing serious, so don't take it as such, in fact it will be nothing more than my opinion and that's worth exactly what you paid for it, and there is a lot of truth in the saying opinions are like arseholes everyone has got one, anyway that's the introduction over with, I will add to this thread as and when I think or see something that takes my interest, but that's it for now. 😎

Just picked up on the thread, and thought I should reply without going into every belief I hold.

In brief, I believe many of the World's problem are as of a result of being overpopulated. Reducing the population would be incredibly hard, as the tree needs trimming from the the top. Other people don't find my answers to the problem palatable, but that doesn't mean we should just dig our heads in the sand and hope things sort themselves out.

My other biggest gripe is societies reluctance to offend people, when in reality being offended is as much a part of life as anything else. You see, I believe that the majority should have the loudest say, but unfortunately we have got to a stage where minority opinions appear to be the only ones that matter.

• Staff Notice

Just picked up on the thread, and thought I should reply without going into every belief I hold.

In brief, I believe many of the World's problem are as of a result of being overpopulated. Reducing the population would be incredibly hard, as the tree needs trimming from the the top. Other people don't find my answers to the problem palatable, but that doesn't mean we should just dig our heads in the sand and hope things sort themselves out.

My other biggest gripe is societies reluctance to offend people, when in reality being offended is as much a part of life as anything else. You see, I believe that the majority should have the loudest say, but unfortunately we have got to a stage where minority opinions appear to be the only ones that matter.

It’s definitely not palatable, and it is no sensible solution.

The answer is obvious - birth control. This is why we need to improve the lot of these poor countries so they can have modern services available to them. If they had better health services and employment opportunities, they would have smaller families.

• It’s definitely not palatable, and it is no sensible solution.

The answer is obvious - birth control. This is why we need to improve the lot of these poor countries so they can have modern services available to them. If they had better health services and employment opportunities, they would have smaller families.

Agree, it isn't palatable for most people, but sensible it is.

Birth control is a short term answer for third world countries, but no good for the western world. Old people serve no real purpose, and are a drain on society. China restricted child birth, but it didn't work for long because they were losing their work force. I don't claim to have an answer that most people would accept, but that doesn't mean the world should bury their head in the sand.

• Just picked up on the thread, and thought I should reply without going into every belief I hold.

Anyone is welcome to contribute to this thread, please bear in mind what I post one here isn't intended to be taken seriously and most of it is just random thoughts I have about anything and everything in general.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Apparently these days "thoughtcrime" and even "lookcrime" is a thing, you can be as guilty of thinking about something as much as you are of doing something or so it seems, and "lookcrime" is where you are not allowed to look at someone in certain way, it can be as simple as casual glance in someone's direction which they will take offense too and you will get a confrontational "what you looking at?", just be careful how you respond even just saying "nothing much" can be taken offense at, just better to say nothing and certainly don't make eye contact. :D

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Staff Notice

Apparently these days "thoughtcrime" and even "lookcrime" is a thing, you can be as guilty of thinking about something as much as you are of doing something or so it seems, and "lookcrime" is where you are not allowed to look at someone in certain way, it can be as simple as casual glance in someone's direction which they will take offense too and you will get a confrontational "what you looking at?", just be careful how you respond even just saying "nothing much" can be taken offense at, just better to say nothing and certainly don't make eye contact. :D

Best to hide yourself away in a dark corner to avoid giving any offence, Ron! View it as just another lockdown until that pesky virus goes away altogether. That probably means forever, but hey, at least you won't get Covid! Always look on the bright side...

• Best to hide yourself away in a dark corner to avoid giving any offence, Ron! View it as just another lockdown until that pesky virus goes away altogether. That probably means forever, but hey, at least you won't get Covid! Always look on the bright side...

Yes everything has a plus side even death, especially for those who are left behind in the case of a rich person or if the person who snuffs it was an arsehole. 🤣

• The problem is there are far too many self obsessed paranoid snowflakes around, people who go looking for things to be offended by or take offense at by proxy, it's like they have a daily quota to fill.

Edited once, last by Ron Manager ().

• Apparently these days "thoughtcrime" and even "lookcrime" is a thing, you can be as guilty of thinking about something as much as you are of doing something or so it seems, and "lookcrime" is where you are not allowed to look at someone in certain way, it can be as simple as casual glance in someone's direction which they will take offense too and you will get a confrontational "what you looking at?", just be careful how you respond even just saying "nothing much" can be taken offense at, just better to say nothing and certainly don't make eye contact. :D

Not so long ago I watched a quite well known Asian doctor being interviewed on TV. He told how he had been racially abused on a regular basis, but not verbally. The example he gave was being looked at in an accusing manner when he entered shops. Honestly, I ask you?

• We have pole dancing as the modern equivalent. ^^ The Morris dancers will be out.

Ahh now Morris dancing yes, but I suspect before long it will become a victim of h & s regs and be banned as being dangerous what with the big sticks that are used for some of it, probably even the waving of hankies will be too who knows 😉🤣

• Staff Notice

Dunno, about global warming it just seems to cold wet and windy nothing warm about it at all. :D

That reminds me of the appointment to the new post of ‘Minister for drought’ at the end of the dry 1976 summer. No sooner had they done that, the rains came!

Ooh, nature can be cruel!

• That reminds me of the appointment to the new post of ‘Minister for drought’ at the end of the dry 1976 summer. No sooner had they done that, the rains came!

Ooh, nature can be cruel!

That's the thing in the UK we get a few days of warm weather and people start to panic about droughts and stuff and then on he other hand we get a lot of rain and everywhere floods, and if we even get one snowflake the whole country grinds to a halt. :D

• We have extremes at both ends of the scale. Our summers are becoming like the Mediterranean and our Winters are turning into the flood planes of Holland but because we don't have open planes and houses on stilts like them the insurance companies are kept in business.

• To be honest its always been the same, the weather just goes in cycles and will carry on doing so for centuries to come as it has done in the past, the earth has gone through heating up and cooling cycles since it has existed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!