GB News launches soon

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I respect Farage for his anti-conformist views and he makes good entertainment but the problem is he is just another politician that could not give a shit about anyone apart from themselves and boosting their own career and profits at the expense of anyone else or cause he latches onto. I don't think Farage will attract a wide enough audience for them to survive. He will only attract the likes of so called conspiraloons and anti establishment types which I have no issue with but they are the minority. He's a bit like a cross between David Icke and Alex Jones in that respect. He fights a political cause like David Icke with the mouth of Alex Jones. Maybe folk will turn to it for entertainment purposes and no seriousness.

They should have got that posh couple of alcoholic hoteliers on there from Goglebox. A kind of Richard and Judy scenario. The only good thing Farage has done is help push Brexit through but even that was more a selfish move to boost his profile and getting his face on TV more, a cause he latched onto. Then again all we have done is exchange one bunch of fuckwits for another bunch of fuckwits so there maybe no real benefit there either. We shall have to wait a few more years yet to see if that move was beneficial or not. A change is as good as a rest though. I can't ever see this news programme ever going mainstream or taken serious to be honest.

Folk would be more happy to turn to YouTube for their news and get various opinions from various sources especially those that are on the ground, members of the public with a mobile phone and something to say at the scene of incidents or working where something is happening and experts that are allowed to express their true opinion. Real people instead of Actors, Celebs, Politicians and those with a regulated script. Combine YouTube with Twitter and other social media platforms then News on the TV on any channel does not really have a future. Nobody can believe what that they are told by the news on TV as it's too biased because of the control and regulations. Just look at the BBC, the same with ITV all biased. Even UK parliament are turning more to Social media to get their message out. Whatever is spoken about in their TV press release is always leaked first on Twitter. It's probably why the world is so fucked up and nobody can agree on anything because there is so much mixed messaging and makes deciphering reality and truth more difficult.

Lets face it all us older types will be dead soon and the majority now are of a younger generation born into the tech and a mobile phone and socials in their hand so what future has TV got.

• I think people watch guys like Nigel Farage and Piers Morgan because they are eager to find out what controversial comments they are going to come up with next!

Let’s face it, the attraction of Farage to those who voted for him was his outspoken nature more than the substance, although he did have a knack of hitting on some important truths when it came to Brexit, which sat well with the Brexiteers. He would do really well as a comedian. He certainly makes me laugh!

I wouldn’t vote for him, though :rolleyes:

• Common sense reigns in the end!

https://www.mediamole.co.uk/entertainment/…ins_456406.html

[EXTRACT]

GB News will introduce separate news bulletins in the near future, the broadcaster has confirmed.

It's a pretty poor show when they had to be forced into "introducing" NEWS onto a channel that calls itself GB NEWS.

It will also be interesting to see what items of 'news' are selected for broadcast..... how that news is presented..... the slant put on it...... the comment that follows it.

Perhaps we can imagine headlines like:

A. "Heroic people's champion Boris Johnson awards a magnificent pay rise to NHS medical staff"

(no mention will be made of medical staff calling the pay award pathetic and demanding 15%)

B. "Communist, Woke Labour Leader Starmer criticises NHS heroes being given a pay award".

(distortion. Starmer doesn't criticise a pay award, just the paltry amount.)

News needs to be factual, balanced, proportionate and responsible. We shall see how this pans out.

• Well, that’s not the vision I would have for GB News. What you have painted there is more like an enhanced Fox News.

I would be content with factual reporting with a slight slant towards the right to counterbalance BBC News with its slant towards the left.

The whole idea of the BBC was to bring factual news reporting to the world. Now it needs a correction itself to get the balance right.

• The problem is so called news channels feel the need that they have to dumb it down for everyone and express opinion rather than just report the news to the point of trying to tell viewers how to think and react to the so called news stories, that's the reason I don't watch any TV news and to be honest the written news isn't much better, I certainly wouldn't buy any of those wastes of paper called newspapers that's for sure.

• What is annoying to me is the constant attempts by some prominent reporters to trip up the politicians they are interviewing at every turn. This is schoolboy nonsense. The number of times I have heard politicians patiently trying to explain their position in answer to a question, and the reporters don't even want to hear the answers. Well, the audience does.

Politicians should not be allowed to waffle on and evade the question, but they surely have the right to let the audience hear the answers to questions when they are genuinely trying to explain. All reporters and news editors want is soundbites these days.

Andrew Marr is very irritating these days with his 'answer the question yes or no' when there is no straight forward yes or no answer, or where that answer needs to be qualified. It is childish and disrespectful of the both the person being interviewed and the programme audience.

• Another irritating presenter is Maga Munchetty. (Her with the screechy whining voice.) She asks a question but during the answer she asks another then another. People want to hear the answer not her pathetic screechy voice talking over the Guest.

The Voice of Reason

• Well this is it...they don't act as mediators between the guest and the audience as they should and instead try to manipulate the direction in the way things go to suit their own agenda. It's got a lot worse in recent years where they pull random social media influencers onto the programme with an opinion. Do they really think their audience want to hear the opinion of some random social media influencer or celebrity. It's like filler because they have nothing else and want to fill programme slot times.

They talk about Twitter and stuff and bringing in new laws etc thinking that Twitter or Facebook is a UK problem and all within our control and our laws. FFS it's the Internet there are no laws unless they are International. We have control over the .uk domain but that's about it. If they want real control of that then they will have to disconnect the .uk domain from the rest of world and make it similar to a giant .uk subnet or DMZ independent from the rest of the Internet a bit like China and N.Korea have done and even Russia have recently been experimenting with. It's a smart move from a cyberwarfare point and being able to cut off the outside and close your borders and keep the internal infrastructure and business up and running but I guess they rely on outside influence to then manipulate the laws.

• Common sense reigns in the end!

https://www.mediamole.co.uk/entertainment/…ins_456406.html

[EXTRACT]

GB News will introduce separate news bulletins in the near future, the broadcaster has confirmed.

I did a rare tweet on their launch night saying they are a news channel without any news. I'm glad they listened! BUt my interest in this channel is now minimal regardless of what they do now. They had their chance and blew it.

I think people watch guys like Nigel Farage and Piers Morgan because they are eager to find out what controversial comments they are going to come up with next!

Let’s face it, the attraction of Farage to those who voted for him was his outspoken nature more than the substance, although he did have a knack of hitting on some important truths when it came to Brexit, which sat well with the Brexiteers. He would do really well as a comedian. He certainly makes me laugh!

I wouldn’t vote for him, though :rolleyes:

I saw Farage on Sunday and he looked utterly bored. There were three other presenters including Arlene Foster and most of the talk was about women's rights. I don't see him doing this Sunday show for much longer.

How about:

a: Boris learns humility and stops smirking.

b. Starmer admits the knife crime epidemic in London is in large part down to his PC policies when he was the public prosecutor.

But hey ho, back to reality.

• At least the GB News is not full of Wokerati presenters... Which is the case with the BBC and getting worse.. Nor is it full of Marxists, unlike others. The UK news channel is still in it's infancy and will obviously need a bit of tweeking before becoming stabilised. I'm prepared to wait. The Uk needs a news channel which reflects the views and interests of the general population of our country and GB News is the closest we will ever get.

The Voice of Reason

• I love this. Name and shame those businesses supporting GB (non) News and the mouthpiece it provides to people like Nigel Farage.

If "Guerilla Postering" can damage businesses that support things like GB News, those businesses would be likely to withdraw their support and in this way, help to starve the offending operation of money. Well, that's the hope, anyway.

Guerilla Poster In Southampton

This is an isolated poster .... for now. It will be interesting to see how effective this is. We in the rejoin campaign going to keep an eye on it and see if Guerilla Postering can be used in a strategic way. Rejoin are spreading this poster around social media at our target audiences. We're asking our followers to contact Halfords, Sainsburys, etc on their websites and tell them what they think of businesses that support GB News.

snip

A spokesperson for National Lottery operator Camelot said players helped it "deliver £36m for good causes every week".

"Television advertising is one of the most effective ways for The National Lottery to connect with its millions of players but, as they all have different viewing habits, the most efficient way for us to reach as many of them as possible... is to advertise across a very broad range of channels.

"Our commercial decisions about where we advertise are therefore guided by this, and not the editorial stance of a particular outlet."

At the time of writing, a PR representative for Halfords declined to comment, while the remainder are yet to issue a response.

Led By Donkeys said in a statement: "This is the first time that we have said anything about GB News. Andrew Neil [the founding chairman of the channel] asked people not to jump to conclusions, to wait and see how the channel evolves.

"Well, now we have seen how it’s evolved. It’s employing Nigel Farage to attack RNLI lifeboat crews saving lives on the channel. We're not sure why Sainsbury’s want their brand associated with Nigel Farage."

• It’s employing Nigel Farage to attack RNLI lifeboat crews

Nigel Farage does not attack the Lifeboat Crews. That is a blatant lie. He has stated on numerous occasions that he is full of admiration for those brave volunteers. What he said was that the lifeboat crews should NOT be used to assist illegal immigration, as controlling illegal activity in our waters is the job of Border Force. The brave volunteers of the Lifeboats are being used as a political pawn by the Wokeinistas who want to flood England with undesirables from god knows where, who are part of illegal People trafficking.

Glad to correct Anydots erroneous statement. ;)

The Voice of Reason

• https://www.mediamole.co.uk/entertainment/…mes_458844.html

GB News is continuing to explore new programmes and formats to increase its audience.

The answer is simple, really. They just need to bring in Roland Rat. He did wonders for ITV’s ‘Good Morning Britain’.

OMG......... I remember Roland Rat. I still have all the soft toys in a box in the loft. Roland, Kevin the Gerbil, Errol the Hamster and his girlfriend, Glenys the Guinea Pig, and Little Reggie. That was the Rat Gang. Amanda said that as original "official" Roland Rat products, and I have the complete set, they're probably worth a few quid to collectors. They're a bit tatty and moth eaten now, but I'll never sell them throw them away.

A girl's infanthood soft toys are for life.

• https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/08/14/gb-news-boycott-backfires-people-likely-watch-without-adverts/

GB news advertising boycott backfires as more people likely to watch

A survey of 1,000 people found that 29 per cent were more likely to watch GB News following the boycott

ByEdward Malnick,  SUNDAY POLITICAL EDITOR14 August 2021 • 1:41pm

Attempts to pressure companies into ditching advertisements on GB News are making many people more likely to watch the channel, according to a poll.

A survey of 1,000 people found that 29 per cent were more likely to watch GB News following the boycott, compared to 14 per cent who said they were less likely to tune in.

The findings suggest that the campaign designed to damage the new centre-right broadcaster may backfire. A series of firms, including Nivea, Kopparberg and Ikea, withdrew or suspended advertising campaigns on GB News following pressure by activist groups such as Stop Funding Hate and Led by Donkeys.

It is quite worrying, and annoying, that so many campaigns by controlling people are springing up, but this is one that may have backfired!

• Aye, the twisted Cancel Culture Wokeists have shot themselves in the foot AGAIN..

They have given normal people a reason to watch the middle of the road, unambiguous GB news. Their extreme LW Politically motivated attempt to silence free speech and rational thinking have shown them to be LW BIGOTS.

The Voice of Reason

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!