GB News launches soon

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • I always switch over from BBC any time Lineker, Munchetty or Owain Wyn Evans comes on to the screen.

Every one a bit nauseating but all for different reasons.

I've been watching the political discussions on GB news much more. They cater for both centre Left and Centre Right views and opinions.

Great channel for those with an open mind who likes to be presented with the facts and not, like the BBC the Marxist propaganda.

• Owain Wyn Evans

How can you not like a camp weatherman in a pink suit. ^^

I must admit I'm switching over to Sky Breakfast in the morning as the beeb is just so banal.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Andrew Neil Quits GB News As TV Channel Is Branded "A Sinking Ship".

The British people have voted with their TV remote controls.

We as a nation don't want extremist propaganda being pumped into our homes by neo-nazis.

It is being suggested that Neal's place will be filled by Anne Widdicombe. That's like replacing Laurel with Hardy, but without the laughs.

GB News will limp on for a couple of years yet because the funding has already been committed and it can - just about - scrape by. But any thought that it could ever be taken seriously has been shot to pieces.

It will continue to be a haven for the looney toon hard right, who will continue to think of it as a moderate, centreist channel, but it isn't and they're only deluding themselves. Those who view it will continue to bleat that it has moderate intentions but they're not fooling anybody.

I do hope the RNLI were able to get this chap off. But perhaps they were too busy doing something useful....... like helping refugees get across the channel.

sinking-ship.jpg

Nobody likes the British anymore. We don't even like ourselves.

• GB News never really found its way, although the original intentions were good.

It didn't have any news bulletins, which was a huge mistake, and they certainly do seem to have been all over the place.

Guto Harri controversially taking the knee was the final straw, I think, so I agree the channel is likely to limp on now until it can limp no more.

Only a miracle can save it now.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• We want unbiased (neither spun to the right or left) news and GB News didn't deliver that, as they thought they could be some UK version of Fox News.

Talk Radio/LBC but on the tv, it just doesn't work. Anyone can give an opinion, we're doing it now on this site, but tv news is different, or should be and GB News and especially Neil, just didn't get that.

With Farage in place, the channel may now gain a loyal following, but whether that will be enough to sustain it, I'm not so sure. Out of population of 350m, only a few million watch Fox News in the States, so it really is niche broadcasting.

I wish Neil a happy retirement. ;)

• Every new project has glitches before it stabilises. The country needs an alternative to the Marxist loony left BBC.------ GB news being a middle of the road channel is a refreshing alternative. ;)

• GB News hit problems due to the difference in opinion between Neal and the CEO. The CEO wants to be more populist like Fox News and Neal wanted to be a non-woke BBC alternative. He only actually presented 8 of his own branded shows and the remainder have had various stand-ins.

Neal's departure will probably see GB News turn into what everyone thought it should be from the outset. If that is the case and it takes on a more Fox News type stance then it will thrive given time.

Lots of detail about this in the attached vid

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• only a few million watch Fox News in the States, so it really is niche broadcasting.

Fox is the biggest cable news channel in the US, it has 8.05m subscribers on YouTube and it reports whats happening today like all new channels do. It also does opinion pieces and op-eds just as other news channels do. At the moment they are having a field day with Biden whilst the other news services in the states remain mute or try to run cover for the old idiot. The others outlets are still talking about January 6th to try and divert attention.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• It will continue to be a haven for the looney toon hard right, who will continue to think of it as a moderate, centreist channel, but it isn't and they're only deluding themselves. Those who view it will continue to bleat that it has moderate intentions but they're not fooling anybody.

....said the radical leftie LGB, extinction rebellion, rejoiner activist

• ....said the radical leftie LGB, extinction rebellion, rejoiner activist

Radical leftie....!! Incorrect, but if it is the direct opposite of being a neo-nazi, racist fascist, I'll take 'radical leftie' as a compliment.

LGBT...... AND PROUD OF IT. Out and proud since 2003 and wouldn't want to be any other way.

Extinction Rebellion....... Nope. Green. Go and learn the difference.

Rejoiner activist. Absolutely right. I can think of no nobler cause and I am totally dedicated to it.

Is there anything else you'd like to add...?

• No, I think my comment hit the target judging from your response 🎯

I'm glad I've given you the attention you crave. My daughter was like that once, constantly seeking attention, but she grew out of it by the time she was out of nappies.

• Enough of the sniping folks, back to the subject which is GB News.

And talking of which, did anyone see Question Time last night?

Andrew Neil was on the show and got asked about why he left and he said that he didn't agree with the direction that the channel was going in, but another very aggressive panellist ambushed him with a article from six months ago, which stated that GB News won't be woke and it was Neil that said that. So, what did he expect?

• Post by Armitage Shanks ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • And talking of which, did anyone see Question Time last night?

Andrew Neil was on the show and got asked about why he left and he said that he didn't agree with the direction that the channel was going in, but another very aggressive panellist ambushed him with a article from six months ago, which stated that GB News won't be woke and it was Neil that said that. So, what did he expect?

Of course Neil said that........ Now that the show is sensibly "Non Woke" Neil is showing his true wokist colours. Good riddance.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!