GB News launches soon

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • It's good that there are new news and current affairs channels starting up. They take a broad view of news, appealing to a vast range of intelligent viewers. Talk TV and GB News are showing the way. The days of the BBC's promoting Marxist and Woke propaganda will soon be a thing of the past with only a small minority of the population prepared to be indoctrinated by extreme L/W dogma.

Legacy media is dying on its feet. Ordinary people are tuning out of daily preachings from the wokerati. The commercial breaks have now fallen to the woke as well and there is a reason for that (see link below) - I was going to raise this with our very own in house advertising expert Zany but he is still on strike.

The reason why our commercials are loaded with Black People and mixed race couples and others who look out of place and do not represent majority Britain

Here is their mission statement

The Unstereotype Alliance is a thought and action platform that seeks to eradicate harmful stereotypes in all media and advertising content.

Convened by UN Women, the United Nations entity for Gender Equality, the Unstereotype Alliance brings together partners and seeks to collectively use the advertising industry as a force for good to drive positive change all over the world.

The Alliance contributes to empowering people in all their diversity (race, class, age, ability, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, language, education, etc.) to help create an equal world.

So if you have been wondering whats going on in the world of commercials lately, this is why. I try to add all advertisers who go down this path to my avoid list. Got to let them know there is a price to pay for peddling woke shite.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• It has entered the lovely little local dramas like Midsomer Murders, Agatha Raisin, Father Brown, Shakespeare and Hathaway, etc and plunked non-whites into ridiculous places in them. Nice for the actors to get work, it's not their fault, but really arrogant of the BBC. Why can't they make newly scripted pieces with multiculti casts and leave the period pieces alone?

• It has entered the lovely little local dramas like Midsomer Murders, Agatha Raisin, Father Brown, Shakespeare and Hathaway, etc and plunked non-whites into ridiculous places in them. Nice for the actors to get work, it's not their fault, but really arrogant of the BBC. Why can't they make newly scripted pieces with multiculti casts and leave the period pieces alone?

It's just fine to take a dump on traditional British cultural and contemporary history because of equality, equity, diversity and inclusivity - that is the trendy thinking. Of course most people notice full well whats going on and within their own homes it gets discussed and not in a very flattering way, imagine a white actor inappropriately popping up in a black drama - there would be rioting in the streets and cities burned. There is little that can be done to stop this from happening, the only power we have is to simply not watch it and to discuss it on boards like this openly and honestly.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Oh no, why don't you like Dan? ^^

He's nasty.

He's all smiles behind those crocodile eyes of his, but he lays into people he disagrees with and I can't stand that.

And why do we need a Aussie big mouth on what's meant to be a UK channel anyway? There's plenty of British big mouths to go around, we don't need to import others from elsewhere.

• He is nasty how he speaks to people at times but for me he comes across smarmy and arrogant. I'm sure he also falls into the woke spectrum. A bit of a sheep in wolfs clothing.

• I'm going to need to give him a listen if I can. Often I am told to bugger off bemuse I'm not a subscriber or I'm in the wrong country or whatever. I will go and see if I can get hold of Dan now.

• Okay I tried but only got a little bit of the great teeth and a lot of Disney reported by an American reporter. That was interesting anyway. I don't dislike Dan. May he prosper.

But I haven't been to GB News for a while as I've been busy with other stuff and so on returning just now to take a closer look I see that (Whoo hoo!!) they have radio on the web. So I will deffo be listening in. They are looking incredibly good, actually. All that stuffy blather and political correctness that oozes out of almost every other news channel is gone. It's like waking up in 1980 and woke hasn't been born yet. Fabulous! I hope GB News grows in strength and popularity. :thumbup:

• I don’t know what people are affected by ‘blacking up’ as long as the purpose is not to ridicule.

I see it more as a celebration of being black.

• It is not shameful to have dark skin. It is not shameful to have pale skin. Getting into a froth over every little opportunity to polish one's halo is going to end up turning woke into a laughing stock. They will soldier on through the criticisms though because once they get going they are unable to stop. They are heading for the cliff's edge and they speed up and desire what is coming to them because they want to be martyrs and are already self appointed saints. Not the first time in history people have gone off their heads.

It's clown world and it's gratifying to see some people have the courage to give it the finger.

• I don’t know what people are affected by ‘blacking up’ as long as the purpose is not to ridicule.

I see it more as a celebration of being black.

Black people (well a certain politically active contingent of them) are super sensitive to anything related to their skin colour that White people may say or do, to a far greater extent than the daily anti-white racism we see and hear everyday.

Having said that, the origins of blackface are rooted in white people caricaturing black people for entertainment purposes. It may have been seen as harmless fun that wasn't intended to offend but it was a piss-take of black people so I can understand the sensitivity to it, especially in these more enlightened times when it is more widely known how things came into being in the first place.

Origins of Blackface

The Black and White minstrel show in the 1970's was essentially racism in a time when it wasn't seen that way. I don't think the BBC have any plans to relaunch the show today but I would very interested to see the reaction if they did.

• In my entire life I was never given the impression that minstrels were a piss take. Or that Golliwogs were derogatory. And no one else thought so either. No one I knew laughed at black face. No one thought their beloved gollies were inferior.I think you need to have been instructed that this so for you to have any idea that it is so.

• In my entire life I was never given the impression that minstrels were a piss take. Or that Golliwogs were derogatory. And no one else thought so either. No one I knew laughed at black face. No one thought their beloved gollies were inferior.I think you need to have been instructed that this so for you to have any idea that it is so.

Exactly my point LW - we live in different times where certain historically marginalised voices now have the floor and previously dominant voices have been turned down.

I don't recall any complaints about the Black and White minstrels being racist at the time, in fact they used to sell out well in advance when they went on tour so they were were an in demand "hot" act.

Was Blackface racist then?

Is it now?

Was racism and offence really the intention?

Was it insensitive?

What was the purpose of Blackface if not to make fun?

Personally I always thought it ridiculous and beyond that have never really thought about it.

Some black actors have done whiteface more recently and I couldn't care less, I find it neither offensive nor intimidating nor insensitive. I find it sad that people who do whiteface do so with the intention of all of these things and it just doesn't work, it just makes them look bad and a bit desperate. When a white person does blackface however it is the end of your career...unless you are Justin Trudeau of course.

• Well, Netflix has now realised that there is falling demand for its woke material and is cancelling a lot of stuff such as Meghan’s ‘Pearl’ because it is proving so unpopular with its audience.

Maybe wokeism has at last had its day. Let’s hope so and we can go back to calling a spade a spade.

• The Morris Dancers black up to commemorate their origins which were coal miners having fun . When miners came up from underground their faces and hands were black with coal dust. How anybody can take offence at that beggars belief. They must be Bigots of the highest order.

The Voice of Reason

• That Butterworth mouthpiece is a complete prick but he's not the only youngster that thinks that. His balls had not even dropped when Blair was in power so all he has to go on is what he has read or been taught. He's as bent as a nine bob note, woke and completely delusional. It would be no great loss if he ran out in front of a moving double decker bus. Good riddance.

• The Morris Dancers black up to commemorate their origins which were coal miners having fun . When miners came up from underground their faces and hands were black with coal dust. How anybody can take offence at that beggars belief. They must be Bigots of the highest order.

And there you have it. Another example of historical context that is totally unrelated to racism. It just goes to show how narrow some peoples thinking is that they only see racism.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!